Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trader_man

Raunak ji, my trading system gives me sometimes 1 signal and something 15 signals per day depending on the nature of the market. Now, some of these signals give returns in excess of 40% while the losing trades give around -5%. The problem is that in order to get those big returns, I need to trade every signal. That is not possible since there are so many signals and there is not enough capital to trade every signal. In my trading system, the losing trade takes around 4 days to close out while the winning trade takes around 10-30 days.

Also, I have tried refining all my signals but I cannot get it below 5 per day in a bullish market. What should I do in this case? Thanks.

Dear Adi,

I replied to the concerned user once to clear some doubts he had and now I do not want to reply any further. Everyone can have their own opinion and it does not matter what someone says. If someone says, my trades result in losses and my knowledge is bookish, then I have nothing to say to that. You see, I cannot keep everyone happy and that certainly is not my motive here. Everyone who follows what I write or say know me better than someone who just picks up few posts and draws conclusion. Moreover I am not here to prove anything to anyone. When you intend doing something good, there are always stones hurled at you. This is how it is. I have certain reputation to live up to and hence it does not look appropriate to comment any further as it does not add any value.

Tc
Raunakji,

I read that unfortunate post.

It was unnecessary,unwarranted & unprovoked.

You can teach anything to anybody but can't change his thinking & attitude.

IMHO,you are one of the gems here on Traderji along with Great

Saint, Savantji, SH, AW10, Karthikmarar, Winston, Alroyraj, PT bro, SS, SM bro, Oilman5, Columbus &

some other whose names are deserved to be mentioned here, who are

always helping others.

Please keep up your good work....Because of you people I always feel I'm

very fortunate to be here !!

Thanks for being here & Best wishes !!

:clapping::clapping:

Last edited:

SwingKing

Hi Raunakji,
I need few knowledge in below things.

When you first want to analyse a stock how you go about it.What are the basic steps
do you follow to come to a conclusion of Buy/Sell/Wait for the stock

For eg.

a.Do you plot a weekly chart first to see the trend
b.Then go for daily chart to see the structure of it.
c.Does any of the indicators like MACd,RSI,STOCTISC, EMA do you use regularly

Please let us the basic steps you follow to make your decision about a stock.
I understand everything comes with practise and experince, but if you guide little
bit then I am sure it will help more for newbie like us to understand the reason behind the trade.

Just for an example I am uploading a chart of XYZ comp without naming it so that we all of us may put our thoughts on the structure of this chart.

Please let us know by seeing this chart what comes to your mind about the trend of price movement of the stock.
But I am sure you will identify the name of the stock ...:)

Thanks in advance.
Deep
Deep,

Could you go through this post,

http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...-using-technical-analysis-175.html#post473210

Here I have explained what exactly I look for. I have also given certain retracement framework to check whether stock is Bullish or Bearish. If you still have doubt, get back to me.

Tc

SwingKing

Raunak ji, my trading system gives me sometimes 1 signal and something 15 signals per day depending on the nature of the market. Now, some of these signals give returns in excess of 40% while the losing trades give around -5%. The problem is that in order to get those big returns, I need to trade every signal. That is not possible since there are so many signals and there is not enough capital to trade every signal. In my trading system, the losing trade takes around 4 days to close out while the winning trade takes around 10-30 days.

Also, I have tried refining all my signals but I cannot get it below 5 per day in a bullish market. What should I do in this case? Thanks.
Trader_man,

If you could answer these questions, I'll be able to guide more.

What sort of position sizing are you using. How much do you allocate for every trade? How many stocks are there on your watch list? What is your initial risk in terms of your capital?

Tc

Goofy

Dear Adi,

I replied to the concerned user once to clear some doubts he had and now I do not want to reply any further. Everyone can have their own opinion and it does not matter what someone says. If someone says, my trades result in losses and my knowledge is bookish, then I have nothing to say to that. You see, I cannot keep everyone happy and that certainly is not my motive here. Everyone who follows what I write or say know me better than someone who just picks up few posts and draws conclusion. Moreover I am not here to prove anything to anyone. When you intend doing something good, there are always stones hurled at you. This is how it is. I have certain reputation to live up to and hence it does not look appropriate to comment any further as it does not add any value.

Tc
Brilliantly said, Mr. Aggarwal.

I might be goofy at figuring out the trends in trading - yet. But, believe you me, when it comes to figuring out the honesty behind the written or spoken word, I am at par with the best in the world.

I salute your decency and sincerity, sir.
Keep up the good work.

Deep,

Could you go through this post,

http://www.traderji.com/technical-a...-using-technical-analysis-175.html#post473210

Here I have explained what exactly I look for. I have also given certain retracement framework to check whether stock is Bullish or Bearish. If you still have doubt, get back to me.

Tc
Hi Raunak,
Thanks for the info.
So what I understood from the post is you looked for the retracement (daily chart) and decided to go in to the stock or not. But dont we come acrosss more stocks where the retracement show neutral or bullish ?

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,
Thanks for the info.
So what I understood from the post is you looked for the retracement (daily chart) and decided to go in to the stock or not. But dont we come acrosss more stocks where the retracement show neutral or bullish ?
Deep,

This is basically analyzing price structure for Swing trades, which for me forms the most important aspect. Beyond that I like to look at the stock's sector and how that sector is pretty much behaving compared to Nifty. By the time I do this, I am clear whether I will take the trade or not.

If you like indicators then I'll advise you to read John Carter's book (Mastering the trade) where he gives out a framework of how he looks at the market through MACD, RSI etc. Its a good read. Will open your mind to new ideas.

Tc

SwingKing

Identifying Next Big Movers - Hindustan Unilever

Over the past 15 days, we have been extensively researching stocks which are beginning to show strength in Price patterns and Fundamentals. We have identified many such stocks and have begun to invest aggressively in them. One such stock which I would like to bring to notice is Hindustan Unilever.

Everyone knows how Unilever has been one stock which has not given investors any return over a period of 10 years. With the Consumption scheme now playing out, I feel the time has come for this stock to move. There are particularly two factors which we have considered while marking this stock as the next big mover; Improving Fundamentals and Robust Price structure. Let us look at these two factors individually.

Tc

*Do your own research and then invest
Our call on Sugar Stocks is not for Swing Basis. But we see Sugar stocks heading much much higher over the next 3-6 months. Of course we will be monitoring the stocks on day to day basis in order to spot some reversal signs (if any).

In case markets choose to correct in near term, positions in this sector should be increased, provided it still remains bullish.

Tc

Tc
I am still betting big on Unilever and Sugar stocks. In sugar stocks I am holding Bajaj Hind & Balrampur Chini. I like to Win big and loose big and hence I am still holding on to these counters. On Friday, we sold many of the previous counters in the investment list and have pooled in money into these counters. Will be buying more if we see these counters moving into our direction. Just for note, Unilever & Sugar sector are contrarian calls and hence are risky.

SL for Unilever is 290 - 280

SL for Bajaj Hind 120

SL for Balrampur 80

Tc

Last edited: