• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rrmhatre72

SL for Tata Steel is 640 (futures) on EOD basis

Will be monitored on intra day basis for real time actions.

Tc
Hi Raunak,

I can understand your words "Expect the unexpected" Or "Do what normal trader won't do"...
Frankly I never imagined that you will be holding your shorts till EOD.....
I was expecting message that you are now long in it.....
Appreciate if you can shar what have you seen in the charts this morning to take this decision......

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

I can understand your words "Expect the unexpected" Or "Do what normal trader won't do"...
Frankly I never imagined that you will be holding your shorts till EOD.....
I was expecting message that you are now long in it.....
Appreciate if you can shar what have you seen in the charts this morning to take this decision......
Rahul,

Whatever I say, or whatever "opinion" I have, I absolutely never place it in front of what the markets are showing me.

When Tata steel declared good results, I was expecting stock to open much much higher. But, I had mentioned that ultimately whatever I will do on Monday will depend on how stock opens up. The opening has been largely subdued and hence I am adhering to my initial SL of 640 as of now. Tomorrow probably I will bring down this to 630-632 levels and will see from there.

Opinion - Stock will rally. Will cross 640 easily. Hence will reverse.
Market - Stock did not rally. Hence am in trade.

Similarly when DLF was down 12% in two days, I had an opinion that stock might reverse and those who wanted could book profits. But i never reversed it as markets were indicating more bearishness. And look currently it is down 10Rs from 328.

Hope you get it.

Tc

G

gangadharan

Rahul,

Whatever I say, or whatever "opinion" I have, I absolutely never place it in front of what the markets are showing me.

When Tata steel declared good results, I was expecting stock to open much much higher. But, I had mentioned that ultimately whatever I will do on Monday will depend on how stock opens up. The opening has been largely subdued and hence I am adhering to my initial SL of 640 as of now. Tomorrow probably I will bring down this to 630-632 levels and will see from there.

Similarly when DLF was down 12% in two days, I had an opinion that stock might reverse and those who wanted could book profits. But i never reversed it as markets were indicating more bearishness. And look currently it is down 10Rs from 328.

Hope you get it.

Tc
SIRJEE.......

DLF IS TOWARDS 302 AND MARKET IS TOWARDS 5970. TATASTEEL MAY TOUCH 640 TODAY... I MAY BE WRONG.. LET US SEE.

WITH REGARDS,
Gangadharan.:)

Deep,

If you like indicators then I'll advise you to read John Carter's book (Mastering the trade) where he gives out a framework of how he looks at the market through MACD, RSI etc. Its a good read. Will open your mind to new ideas.

raunakji,

Thanks for recommending the book by John Carter. For a starter like me ,the TA learning curve is pretty steep and changing my attitude to making losses is steeper still. But hats off to you guys, I feel motivated to ride the untamed horse and conquer my fear of falling off . I realise that my aim is not to tame the horse - rather, know the horse, tame myself and profit from the exercise .
Keep up the good work.:clapping:

rrmhatre72

Rahul,

Hope you get it.

Tc
Hi Raunak,

How do you find Tata steel price action for whole of the day?

rrmhatre72

Hi Raunak,

I have got sell signal based on Daily time frame in Nifty & position is initiated @6106....
During intraday... I got buy signal on nifty on 5min TF & position is initiated in that also @6105...
I use ICICI for daily timeframe & RKG for intraday...
Now NF is @6135
Now my intraday position is in profit & other is in loss.....
normally I do not do this comparison as timeframes are different.... I just book the profit in Intraday...
But I am not sure about market opening tomorrow as it seems it will close at high of the day... hence planning to carryover intraday position for tomorrow which will act as hedge for my short position in case of gap up opening & will square that position tomorrow as soon as I get sell signal based on intraday....

Is my thinking correct? Or I am doing something grossly wrong which I should not do..

SwingKing

A Word on Markets

The long awaited correction seems to have crept in the markets. Personally, I won't hold that opinion as of now. Lets think of this objectively. An uptrend is defined as a scenario where price structure forms higher highs and higher lows. Apart from this, higher Pivot highs and higher Pivot lows are formed. Violation of Pivot must always be considered on closing basis. On intraday basis, pivots are breached, but often retrace back from that breach. Hence, for the sake of simplicity and objectivity, we would want a close below critical pivots.

Currently if we see the price structure of the market, we would find that we are in a strong uptrend. The latest pivot low is 5934 and it is only after violation of this level on closing basis (daily frame) should we assume temporary pause of the uptrend. If however, close is below 5934 on weekly basis, we must definitely brace ourselves to see levels of 5500 - 5700 on intra day basis at least. There is a lot of macro economic development taking place all over the globe and hence sectors related to Realty, Metals, and Currency could gyrate viciously.

For traders, unless and until 5934 is violated on closing basis, one must look to go long. Personally, I would be looking to go long on slightest bit of visible strength. Trades won't be aggressive, but certainly I would rely more on price action than on anticipation. Every Bull run has a phase where prices collapse 10-20% every 12 - 15 months and if the current move is a beginning of that, then long term investors should use this weekend to make a list of stocks which they intend to accumulate.

Tc

Hi Raunak,

I have got sell signal based on Daily time frame in Nifty & position is initiated @6106....
During intraday... I got buy signal on nifty on 5min TF & position is initiated in that also @6105...
I use ICICI for daily timeframe & RKG for intraday...
Now NF is @6135
Now my intraday position is in profit & other is in loss.....
normally I do not do this comparison as timeframes are different.... I just book the profit in Intraday...
But I am not sure about market opening tomorrow as it seems it will close at high of the day... hence planning to carryover intraday position for tomorrow which will act as hedge for my short position in case of gap up opening & will square that position tomorrow as soon as I get sell signal based on intraday....

Is my thinking correct? Or I am doing something grossly wrong which I should not do..
Rahul,

As far as I can understand, you have initiated a Long and a Short position on the same price.

1. How's this going to affect your profitability? You haven't hedged. You have essentially taken a Neutral stance on the market by going short and long on the same level. Whatever gains you make will be lost due to losses in other. Hope you get it.

2. Never ever carry your position from one time frame to another just because you start 'worrying' or 'assuming' about markets. Unless your strategy says so, you must close out your position in the designated time frame. If it was intraday according to your strategy, why have you shifted that to EOD now?

3. Always have an idea of where the markets are heading. Now, somewhere in the forum, someone has quoted the above post of mine and said that I am short on the market and expect it to go down. However, if you read my post above carefully, I am actually looking for an opportunity to go long. Hence, when I have a rough idea of what daily time frame is indicating, I will never carry my trades from lower time frame to higher frame unless it is in the direction of higher time frame. For doing this, one must view the markets on higher time frame objectively (price structure) and not through some sell/buy signal through systems.

When you are using higher time frame,

a) Know the direction of markets on higher time frame
b) trade in the direction of higher time frame on lower time frame
c) a & B only fail when trends starts to change from lower time frame and eventually spread out to higher time frame.

Tc

SwingKing

Deep,

If you like indicators then I'll advise you to read John Carter's book (Mastering the trade) where he gives out a framework of how he looks at the market through MACD, RSI etc. Its a good read. Will open your mind to new ideas.

raunakji,

Thanks for recommending the book by John Carter. For a starter like me ,the TA learning curve is pretty steep and changing my attitude to making losses is steeper still. But hats off to you guys, I feel motivated to ride the untamed horse and conquer my fear of falling off . I realise that my aim is not to tame the horse - rather, know the horse, tame myself and profit from the exercise .
Keep up the good work.:clapping:
Thanks for your kind words Yesheswin.

The real winners of the thread and the forum are those who post their queries. They are the one's who contribute the most. Since you are new to this field, I hope you'll post your queries as well.

We are all here to learn.

Tc