• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stock72

Raunak Sir,

I want to share my story of blunders that caused great losses...

...... thanks to the Trillions of Dollars of Quantitative easing by the US Federal Reserve.

:(
1) I think majority have not expected that fed will support like this.
2) based on mean reversion still people predicting dow to go down 4500 . Predicting the market up or down , or deflation or inflation is not a big problem . the real and only problem is timing the market.
3) what if we practised to stay on right side more longer than market stay on the wrong side ?

DanPickUp

Raunak Sir,

I was a big fan of Irish Hedge fund manager Hugh Hendry in 2009 and followed his views closely on Youtube. He had predicted a Mega Deflation in prices after which there would be Hyper-inflation globally. Sensex had fallen below 9000 levels. Hugh Hendry predicted that deflation would be so massive that Gold would fall to $550 an ounce. At that time, he would buy as much gold as possible and ride the hyper-inflation that was supposedly going to take Gold to 3000$+ levels.

See his video - Mega Deflation First, Hyper-inflation Later - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXCJOBUpMuI

So, I sold all my father's stock in March 2009 and waited for this mega deflation. But it never came. :D My dad never forgave me for it... the market kept going higher even though US economy is still in deep ****. Unemployment rate kept going higher, housing prices in US kept falling, but the stock market kept going up, thanks to the Trillions of Dollars of Quantitative easing by the US Federal Reserve.

I am a follower of Free Market Austrian Economics ( http://www.mises.org/ ), which predicted a global depression. So, instead of buying valuable shares at super-low prices, I kept waiting in cash. :(
Hi gauharjk

It is always difficult to follow some body, you do not know personal. In my opinion : You did not do any thing bad to your dad !! He is a grooving up man and if he took some decisions of you, so it is.

You did not through out his money on the window. If he now blames you, for not having speculated with his money, he doe's not need any attention from you.

Tell him to lock by himself for the money and concentrate on your personal trading. Just some little information : We here mange some bigger amounts of money. One rule we have : NO LOSS ! Ok, we now can start a discussion about that and how it is done. It is done first with the mind : Profit comes after safety !

You may should make a real clever hedge fund portfolio with your dads money and stop listening to some one, which you do not know :annoyed:

If you still not can leave this idea, then at least listen to this guy, which I know personal : http://www.gloomboomdoom.com/portalgbd/homegbd.cfm

Take care

DanPickUp

gauharjk

Hi gauharjk

It is always difficult to follow some body, you do not know personal. In my opinion : You did not do any thing bad to your dad !! He is a grooving up man and if he took some decisions of you, so it is.

You did not through out his money on the window. If he now blames you, for not having speculated with his money, he doe's not need any attention from you.

Tell him to lock by himself for the money and concentrate on your personal trading. Just some little information : We here mange some bigger amounts of money. One rule we have : NO LOSS ! Ok, we now can start a discussion about that and how it is done. It is done first with the mind : Profit comes after safety !

You may should make a real clever hedge fund portfolio with your dads money and stop listening to some one, which you do not know :annoyed:

If you still not can leave this idea, then at least listen to this guy, which I know personal : http://www.gloomboomdoom.com/portalgbd/homegbd.cfm

Take care

DanPickUp
You know Dr Doom Mr. Marc Faber personally! Awesome... :) I have been his fan too... :D

I have not been a good futures trader lately, but now I will focus on positional equity investing. This forum provides awesome information.

Cheers!

oilman5

In trading ,be a someones fan to follow blindly.......... is sure way to lose

understand Dan's statement...........only one to follow ........PRICE.
Pl develop a system with own view........not opinion,system tools should be objective oriented.
Being follower of Austrian Economics..........pl follow Mark Boucher........trainers of Fund Managers
BTW..........if u r in India, i would have told u to follow Raunak

Hi Raunakji,
I need few knowledge in below things.

When you first want to analyse a stock how you go about it.What are the basic steps
do you follow to come to a conclusion of Buy/Sell/Wait for the stock

For eg.

a.Do you plot a weekly chart first to see the trend
b.Then go for daily chart to see the structure of it.
c.Does any of the indicators like MACd,RSI,STOCTISC, EMA do you use regularly

Please let us the basic steps you follow to make your decision about a stock.
I understand everything comes with practise and experince, but if you guide little
bit then I am sure it will help more for newbie like us to understand the reason behind the trade.

Just for an example I am uploading a chart of XYZ comp without naming it so that we all of us may put our thoughts on the structure of this chart.

Please let us know by seeing this chart what comes to your mind about the trend of price movement of the stock.
But I am sure you will identify the name of the stock ...:)

Thanks in advance.
Deep

Last edited:

oilman5

Raunakji & Other experienced members...

I have seen today many discussion on closing price. I have one question unanswered since long (I mean never gotten any satisfactory reply). Why do we see bar chart which is OHLC when we want to emphasis on closing? Why not line chart (which is chart of closing price)?
Dear ,
u have answered the question urself.............those who play itermediate term.........really they see ........line chart .
For swing only OHLC is better.
More imp is price thrust........for intermediate Band play .

SwingKing

raunak sir y this user rajeabc writing non sense abt u here. all false information.

http://www.traderji.com/equities/10035-stocks-keep-close-eye-1244.html#post487196

very sad to read this. such people spoil it fr everyone.

i replied to him in my style :lol:

i knw u personally sir n i knw who n wht u r
Dear Adi,

I replied to the concerned user once to clear some doubts he had and now I do not want to reply any further. Everyone can have their own opinion and it does not matter what someone says. If someone says, my trades result in losses and my knowledge is bookish, then I have nothing to say to that. You see, I cannot keep everyone happy and that certainly is not my motive here. Everyone who follows what I write or say know me better than someone who just picks up few posts and draws conclusion. Moreover I am not here to prove anything to anyone. When you intend doing something good, there are always stones hurled at you. This is how it is. I have certain reputation to live up to and hence it does not look appropriate to comment any further as it does not add any value.

Tc

SwingKing

Raunak Sir,

I was a big fan of Irish Hedge fund manager Hugh Hendry in 2009 and followed his views closely on Youtube. He had predicted a Mega Deflation in prices after which there would be Hyper-inflation globally. Sensex had fallen below 9000 levels. Hugh Hendry predicted that deflation would be so massive that Gold would fall to $550 an ounce. At that time, he would buy as much gold as possible and ride the hyper-inflation that was supposedly going to take Gold to 3000$+ levels.

So, I sold all my father's stock in March 2009 and waited for this mega deflation. But it never came. :D My dad never forgave me for it... the market kept going higher even though US economy is still in deep ****. Unemployment rate kept going higher, housing prices in US kept falling, but the stock market kept going up, thanks to the Trillions of Dollars of Quantitative easing by the US Federal Reserve.

I am a follower of Free Market Austrian Economics ( http://www.mises.org/ ), which predicted a global depression. So, instead of buying valuable shares at super-low prices, I kept waiting in cash. :(
Gauhar my dear,

Start learning and stop following. Believe me, in the end you will be more profitable. The answer lies within yourself.

Tc

SwingKing

In trading ,be a someones fan to follow blindly.......... is sure way to lose
understand Dan's statement...........only one to follow ........PRICE.
Pl develop a system with own view........not opinion,system tools should be objective oriented.
Being follower of Austrian Economics..........pl follow Mark Boucher........trainers of Fund Managers
BTW..........if u r in India, i would have told u to follow Raunak
Thanks as always for your kind words Oilman5

Wherever anyone is in the World, one has to always follow the price and nothing else. No one accept the price is right. Follow it and it will reward you.

Tc