• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jagankris

Trader Man,

I don't give targets. Neither do I predict.

This is not target specification. I, or for that matter anyone who gives targets is setting an opinion in someone's mind. And opinions when turn into belief can be catastrophic. I specialize in reading the tape and not in targets specification and predictions.
Tc
Raunak Bhai,

True I realized this.

It was very difficult for me to short TS on a particular day for Raunak Bhai was bullish on TS.I don't care what the TV analyst's say but if it is our forum members or people I respect like Raunak Bhai then the opinion comes to play while trading.

Regarding Tape Reading

Raunak Bhai - Do you want to learn Tape reading ?
Jagan - Yeah :clap:
Raunak Bhai - Then I am your master.
Jagan - OK.OK. (tear's oozing out ...)
Raunak Bhai - Don't cry.
Jagan - OK.Teach me tape reading - how to do that ?
Raunak Bhai - I cannot train you the way I have trained the other forum members.Perhaps it is your mistake :lol: !!! the way I preferred to teach you tape is through this ...

:clapping:

Jagan - Master Pls Pls Pls Tape reading - How to do that ? :)
(Preferably using sw's).

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
JK

Last edited:

SwingKing

Raunak Bhai,

True I realized this.

It was very difficult for me to short TS on a particular day for Raunak Bhai was bullish on TS.I don't care what the TV analyst's say but if it is our forum members or people I respect like Raunak Bhai then the opinion comes to play while trading.

Regarding Tape Reading

Raunak Bhai - Do you want to learn Tape reading ?
Jagan - Yeah :clap:
Raunak Bhai - Then I am your master.
Jagan - OK.OK. (tear's oozing out ...)
Raunak Bhai - Don't cry.
Jagan - OK.Teach me tape reading - how to do that ?
Raunak Bhai - I cannot train you the way I have trained the other forum members.Perhaps it is your mistake :lol: !!! the way I preferred to teach you tape is through this ...

:clapping:

Jagan - Master Pls Pls Pls Tape reading - How to do that ? :)
(Preferably using sw's).

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
JK
Jagan my Dear,

GO back a few pages. Dan has posted a link of Richard Wycoff's book. That book is a master piece in Tape reading and price analysis. Its not a big book and you should finish it in 30 days. Just go through that. Infact I will strongly recommend that book to everyone here.

Master that book and you will master the markets. As usual while reading if you have any doubt, just let me know.

Tc

trader_man

My friend

Your market is moving up and down and up and down and that is called a sideway market. You as a trader_man need to have three types of strategies in your trading arsenal. One for up markets, one for down market and one for such markets you have now.

The trend you have to trade now is a sideway move and not what may will happen in one or two weeks. That is not the question and it seems to me, that you not can handle such volatile markets and not have any strategy to do so. For what care what is in two weeks time when I need or want to make money today ?

Take care

DanPickUp
Dan, I do have a strategy for such markets. In fact, generally, I take a negative or positive approach for a week/2 weeks based on my analysis, buy/sell some futures. If it does not work out the next day, I exit with a minimal loss. If I am right, I add to my positions and ride the profits. I have made good money doing this. If the market goes sideways, that I am not worried as my original SL does not get hit or I exit with a time SL.

If you can accurately predict the direction of markets in 1 week/2 weeks, then to me that is the best thing in the world. After all, you make money by holding what you have bought and sold. You don't make money straight away when you buy or sell.

But, my point was general in the sense that so called analysts who appear on TV always hedge and mislead people, and them claim later on that they were right regardless of direction of market. In fact, even if you say that markets will be sideways within a week, then that is also taking a definite position. But, to say that markets might be down by 500 points or up by 500 points is ridiculous.

How about 1500 :D

oops ... did I write 1500 ? oh so sorry ... lets make that 7500 .. was typo .. forgot to put the line at the top and so the 7 looked like a 1 ....

But how can Nifty reach 7500 ... its gotta cross 5935 first, 5965 second, 6004, 6040 .. ohh the line of resistances are endless ....

Ok .. lets try for 1500 .. oops too low .. ok 3500 ... BUT then we have 5685, 5286, 4978, 4840, then the post election figure of 4400 odd and then the 3900 gap and ... oh leave it ..

Lets follow the markets and enjoy whatever it gives us ...

Cheers ....

Hope this post was not irritating and put a bit of a smile on a highly volatile day and red portfolios :)
did not really expect this to be told to a novice.was expecting some kind of a guidance not mockery of my post.

the next time if you dont have anything useful to say please dont.would appreciate that.

Last edited:
G

gangadharan

some trader just dont understand what is written.

arey kis reference mein likha hai sir ne woh padho bhai. he is telling he is buying. read carefully.

beech mein se kuch bhi utha ke padoge to aise hi dikhega.

if u don agree with sir philosophy. let us learn bhai. else u start posting and become our new sir. if u cant do it, let others do plz.

Adi
Hello Adi,

I completely agree with you and support you in every possible way.

Take care.
Gangadharan:):thumb:

G

gangadharan

Raunak Sir,

I think I slided a little from my present days rule. I have entered LIC HSG finance eq. 959 it is with along term perspective..
So I don't want to sell it at 1100 levels .. but to hedge my profit... I bought two lots of 900 December put. at..24..... that is 24*2 =48+957=1005

The initiative to do enter LIC HSG FINANCE was the previous experience from Sathyam.

Let us see what is going to happen.

With Regards,
Gangadharan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Gangadharan,
Pl chk Nifty 15ema cross 3ema, 45ema is with bollinger upper,...stoch and Rsi looking down, not yet over sold zone, is this the go for short...
I will try to post chart
NB: Its part of learning dosin matter even if it goes wrong...
Regards
Suresh

rrmhatre72

Raunak Sir,

I think I slided a little from my present days rule. I have entered LIC HSG finance eq. 959 it is with along term perspective..
So I don't want to sell it at 1100 levels .. but to hedge my profit... I bought two lots of 900 December put. at..24..... that is 24*2 =48+957=1105

The initiative to do enter LIC HSG FINANCE was the previous experience from Sathyam.

Let us see what is going to happen.

With Regards,
Gangadharan.
Hi Gangadharan,

Some different view...
LIC housing finance officials have given loans by violating rules... Now it is exposed by CBI.... What will happen next... Definitely LIC housing will try to recover these loans ASAP & there will be close eye on the customers whom it is given.... So ideally there will not be much loss to LIC.... But possible problem may be to the companies who has taken this loans... They are well known companies... & to keep their brand image in the market they can not go defaulters at least in this case as it is known to everyone... SO somehow they have to organize funds to get rid of this to keep their brand image clean... In this process... These companies will be in problem & not LIC finance...

Last edited: