• February 27th 2011

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Raunak Sir looking for entry in KS Oil, DCB, HDIL, DLF and Unitech with 3-6 months horizon I had bought KS oil at 52 average price exited all at 60-62 and unitech had bought at 68 exited all at 90-95 range dlf exited around 375 levels DCB bought at 48 exited at 70 now looking to invest again should I hold on or jump in. Prices are tempting to get in but somehow I feel this downleg has more steam left.

SwingKing

Word on Markets

Whatever will happen to the markets will mainly be determined by what dominates the markets over the next few weeks to months. If Technicals dominate the markets, we could see the levels of 6300 -7000 pretty soon. However, if Fundamentals dominate this market, then one should be braced for much erratic price movements and turbulent sessions on D-Street. Fundamentally, we are reasonably priced currently and for our economy to become attractive again, markets either need to consolidate for a good 6-8 months in a range or need to correct and gravitate towards levels of 5400.

The point at which markets usually turn are dominated by either one of the factors (Technical or Fundamental), but once the direction is set, both these fields kind of collaborate to set the course of the new move. At present we are poised at a place where either of them can trigger the new move. What I anticipate or what you do is not of much importance currently. However, what is of importance is to anticipate that something is likely to happen. Over the next 2 weeks it should be clear as to which way markets will likely move. This is precisely why one must be ready for either scenarios.

Tc

SwingKing

Raunak Sir looking for entry in KS Oil, DCB, HDIL, DLF and Unitech with 3-6 months horizon I had bought KS oil at 52 average price exited all at 60-62 and unitech had bought at 68 exited all at 90-95 range dlf exited around 375 levels DCB bought at 48 exited at 70 now looking to invest again should I hold on or jump in. Prices are tempting to get in but somehow I feel this downleg has more steam left.
Nimish,

Stay away from KS, HDIL, DLF and Unitech.

Even DCB as of today is wait and watch.

Something that you can look at in todays market is probably a TItan, Bajajauto, Tata Motors, Voltas, Sriram Trans. Even these need to be watched and monitored. Nothing can ever be put away for 3-6 months.

Tc

trader_man

Word on Markets

Whatever will happen to the markets will mainly be determined by what dominates the markets over the next few weeks to months. If Technicals dominate the markets, we could see the levels of 6300 -7000 pretty soon. However, if Fundamentals dominate this market, then one should be braced for much erratic price movements and turbulent sessions on D-Street. Fundamentally, we are reasonably priced currently and for our economy to become attractive again, markets either need to consolidate for a good 6-8 months in a range or need to correct and gravitate towards levels of 5400.

The point at which markets usually turn are dominated by either one of the factors (Technical or Fundamental), but once the direction is set, both these fields kind of collaborate to set the course of the new move. At present we are poised at a place where either of them can trigger the new move. What I anticipate or what you do is not of much importance currently. However, what is of importance is to anticipate that something is likely to happen. Over the next 2 weeks it should be clear as to which way markets will likely move. This is precisely why one must be ready for either scenarios.

Tc
Raunak ji, you are an expert I know but I hope you won't mind me saying this.

The opinion that you have expressed above is basically the mumbo jumbo that we hear on news channels from "Analysts". You have basically hedged by saying that market could go up to 6300 or go down to 5400. So either way, you can claim after 2 weeks, that you were right irrespective of what happens on the market.

I would ask you to read what you have written again. It would be much more prudent if you could give definite targets after 1 week, 2 weeks and let us see if you are right or wrong based on your analysis.

Hope you don't take the above in the wrong way. I have respect for you since you share your time for free with others and answer all questions that come your way.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow.

SwingKing

Raunak ji, you are an expert I know but I hope you won't mind me saying this.

The opinion that you have expressed above is basically the mumbo jumbo that we hear on news channels from "Analysts". You have basically hedged by saying that market could go up to 6300 or go down to 5400. So either way, you can claim after 2 weeks, that you were right irrespective of what happens on the market.

I would ask you to read what you have written again. It would be much more prudent if you could give definite targets after 1 week, 2 weeks and let us see if you are right or wrong based on your analysis.

Hope you don't take the above in the wrong way. I have respect for you since you share your time for free with others and answer all questions that come your way.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow.
Trader Man,

I did not take your views in the wrong way. I dont have any reason to do that and hence don't worry. I have never claimed how many times I am right or wrong and hence I dont need to bother myself with that. Those who read what they read, know about that. Moreover, like you I am just a common man. I can be wrong.

Anyways now coming to your query. You need to read this thread regularly to know what side I am on. I have told 'N' number of times that I am expecting upside in the markets over next 3-6 months. What I have written above is a factual side of Fundamentals and Technicals. This needs to be understood in the context in which it is written. Its not a recommendation. When a recommendation is given, it is given with a definite direction and stop loss and hence dont confuse this with that. What I have written above is a very realistic way of seeing the markets at this stage and hence if you prefer to read it with a bias of 'mumbo jumbo', you will exactly see that. However, if you prefer to read it with the practical insight of trading, you will see the underlying message in it.

Such things are not written in any trading book and hence read it with the intent of education. Almost every book either ridicules Technicals or Fundamentals. But the truth is that at times markets are dominated by either of them and this is what is highlighted above.

Tc

kindman

Well Kindman, what do you expect then?

Be more specific and you will get a more specific answer.

Information is always shared, but the correct question needs to be asked.

Tc
OK i will ask

I am a swing trader
My total capital is 1 lakhs...
1>According to you how much % i should put in trading ....
2>according to you how much % i should keep in reserve...
3>How much risk i can take /trade
4>how much quantity i should buy
5>which risk release method you follow?
6>after releasing the risk... you add more money on same stock or different?

If you know then answer other wise forget it....
(if possible try to give answers in single word/ or lesser words)
good luck see u

Nifty has broken the Head and Shoulder pattern and technically is looking very weak. It still hasnt reached the oversold position and although we might have a small bounce back but until we close above 6020 nifty is sell on rally. If we breach 5820 we might move to 5430 levels very soon as dollar has started to move up against the INR and that will make the FIIs lose money both ways and there will be relentless selling from them always keep a close eye on Defty I have mentioned this before too! And in Defty terms todays low is lower than yesterdays low. However we also retraced back to approximately 38.2% on fib levels on both. Once yesterdays low on Nifty and today's low is broken on defty we are looking for another 100-150 points fall.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us