• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oilman5

Preethi,

I dont have the ability to look into the future, hence cannot say what will do well in January.

As of now I have positions in Titan, Bajaj Auto, Tata Motors, Hindalco and few others. As and when opportunity comes, it is posted here. But, I'll refrain from posting what could and what would do well.

Let's see.

Tc
PL understand logic of pro, he plays on titan, irrespective market turn.
Next no woulda coulda,..........above the trap of prediction.

for normal person it takes ..........atleast 10yr to come to this level.
those so called marketing guys ..........dont know even abc of trading

G

gangadharan

Gangadharan,

I don't intend to discourage you. But, I would personally never ever Average my prices on the down side. I always prefer to Average on the upside. If you have tested your method, carry on.

Tc
Gangadharan Dear,

In a very polite way, I would like to say that, I can show you at least 100's of share (good one's) where this strategy of yours would have been extremely detrimental to your portfolio. Hence, review your strategy again. This is not the right way to do it.

As always, its up to you to decide what suites you the best.

Tc
Yes Raunak Sir,

Your student is here again.

You are very much correct........ that was not the right way to do it.

I was very much sure when you said it....... because it is Raunak Sir who is saying something. So what I did is.... I started checking with my last two years trades to find out any mistakes (It took more than 10 days for me to do that). Interestingly I found, even though I have made profit in my trades.... most of the time it was with hedging. And I also found that more than 75 percent of time I entered in trades or averaged was on a wrong time and price. I could have done it in a better way with the help of simple trend lines and retrace levels.

Yes ........ average is possible even on down trend but only if the script shows some strength on some support levels. simply working on percentage levels is foolishness.

I was holding SBIN and my average price was some where around 3108 levels. According to my old strategy I would have been holding it even now. But Now I have exited from it at at 3160 levels and will be entering it at 2875-80 levels.......(See chart). In the same way I have exited from Balramchini also.

Thank You Raunak Sir, for opening my eyes.

Gangadharan:):)
TREND IS YOUR FRIEND TILL IT SHOWS A BEND....BUT THOSE WHO WORRIED ABOUT THE BEND WILL NEVER EARN TILL THE END

VANDE MATHARAM

Last edited by a moderator:

rsingh2005

Yes Raunak Sir,

I was very much sure when you said it....... because it is Raunak Sir who is saying something. So what I did is.... I started checking with my last two years trades to find out any mistakes (It took more than 10 days for me to do that). Interestingly I found, even though I have made profit in my trades.... most of the time it was with hedging. And I also found that more than 75 percent of time I entered in trades or averaged was on a wrong time and price. I could have done it in a better way with the help of simple trend lines and retrace levels.

Yes ........ average is possible even on down trend but only if the script shows some strength on some support levels. simply working on percentage levels is foolishness.

I was holding SBIN and my average price was some where around 3108 levels. According to my old strategy I would have been holding it even now. But Now I have exited from it at at 3160 levels and will be entering it at 2875-80 levels.......(See chart). In the same way I have exited from Balramchini also.

Gangadharan:):)
TREND IS YOUR FRIEND TILL IT SHOWS A BEND....BUT THOSE WHO WORRIED ABOUT THE BEND WILL NEVER EARN TILL THE END

VANDE MATHARAM
Good Morning Raunak Bro & all fellow traders,
I have one query based on Mr. Gangadharan chart, dont you think, the entry should be on much higher level as SBI is still around 50% retracement level from its low & support around 2800 on weekly chart. I think if it close at least above 50% retracement then we should start looking for this stock to go long.
Looking forward for your input.
Regards
Rajesh

rsingh2005

Dear Raunak Bro,
I Know in general you dont take intraday calls, but want to discuss one trade I taken today for immediate gain for 1 %..... as per your analysis we were expecting Hindalco to do well , so I entered today @ 221.35 & exit at 225 for quick intraday gain. My question is here based on youranalysis , once we know that particular script is in uptrend or down trend, then based on analysis we can take less risky trade in the direction of trend,for some quck Intraday gain, or any caveat in this strategy.
Please Advise.
Regards
Rajesh

Yes, even I thought that the price structure of these banks are good. You never know how market will behave. Especially cuz of random decisions by RBI and SEBI. LOL Just wanted to know whether I should book loss and exit or still wait for the rebound? Therez not much invested though. Only 20% of the capital I intended to spend on the banking sector.

SwingKing

Yes Raunak Sir,

Dear Gangadharan,

It is your hard work which is paying off.

To understand one's mistake and correct it, is in itself a big achievement.

It shows you are mature, eager to learn and willing to improve.

In my view you are already a winner.

Tc

SwingKing

Raunak bhai,

What should be the strategy for UCO Bank and Federal Bank? All banking shares are going down today. :( I purchased UCO at 140 and Federal at 452. My time horizon is 3-4 months.
Itsmemad,

As of now stay away from Banks. I am completely away from them right from last week of November when I had posted about it.

There is nothing serious going on. Banking shares had run up quite a bit and hence they are correcting due to some fundamental reasons. Banking is the heart of our Economy and hence once dust settles down we will start picking the right names.

Tc