Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MurAtt

Gangadharan , any hedging tip for tomorrow?
please guide
:rofl:

I was just discussing this to the members of another thread that the past few trades went against GD (Ganga Dharan) BUT his hedges earned .. so would you like to earn off the hedges ..

And yes ... on Raunak bro's advice now he's changing his style for the better and in good time i.e.

Well .. here's another specimen ... who wants to make money off hedges :rofl:

(No offence BUT ... :D)

gauharjk

:rofl:

I was just discussing this to the members of another thread that the past few trades went against GD (Ganga Dharan) BUT his hedges earned .. so would you like to earn off the hedges ..

And yes ... on Raunak bro's advice now he's changing his style for the better and in good time i.e.

Well .. here's another specimen ... who wants to make money off hedges :rofl:

(No offence BUT ... :D)
SM bhai,

for unqualified traders (like me), hedging is an awesome insurance. Things can go wrong at any time. Even the best knowledge of supports, resistances, trend lines and retracement charts can still put us in a losing position.

I don't have any equity to trade in Futures, but I really wish I had known more about hedging when I first started. It could have saved my account.

Cheers!

preethi21

SM bhai,

for unqualified traders (like me), hedging is an awesome insurance.
Cheers!
Hedging is not for normal traders,
mostly hedging is used by fund managers,mf, traders having huge position in some shares ,
Gangadharan is having huge capital, so he is buying in large quantity for him he needs hedging
My personal belief is when you buy a call/put option then you are behind to normal traders with the premium you paid for buying the option,
tc

G

gangadharan

mostly hedging is used by fund managers,mf, traders having huge position in some shares ,
Gangadharan is having huge capital, so he is buying in large quantity for him he needs hedging
My personal belief is when you buy a call/put option then you are behind to normal traders with the premium you paid for buying the option,
tc

Hello.

Then Who are Normal Traders????

Gangadharan:)
VANDE MATHARAM

gauharjk

tc
Preethi,

I don't want to be a normal trader. Hedging is not for profit, but to protect capital in case your swing trade goes wrong. Its insurance.

I have had many trades that went awfully bad.
1. Century Textiles (500) bought @ 540 went down to 501. No stoploss, no hedge.
2. Wipro (850) bought @439 went to 420.
3. Tata Chemicals (1000) shorted @429 went to 438.
4. Titan (125) shorted @ 3850 went to 4300.
5. Opto Circuits (1000) shorted @ 288 went to 325.

In so many trades, I could have used a stoploss much earlier if I had some peace of mind knowing that my positions are hedged.

Hedging is insurance. Protecting capital is paramount.

I want to be better than an average trader. That is why FA, TA, PA is useful. That is why hedging can be useful.