• February 27th 2011

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nf at 5744 my call 5700march 272 tgt 5850 possible with expecting value @400+ possible any view?????????

gauharjk

A sharp downturn at 1:30

Didn't see it coming...!

gauharjk

The crackdown today has been very severe and bad for my long positions... SBI CE 2550 @45.50 (Currently @30) and Infosys CE 3300 @28 (Currently @20)

I don't know what to do... Continue holding longs? Or exit?

MurAtt

A sharp downturn at 1:30

Didn't see it coming...!
Why? Were you not following charts? I could see it coming since morning.
Ask your friend E1 :D

And then again ... if on a 5 min spot chart u cannot see neg div .. what more to say :(

The crackdown today has been very severe and bad for my long positions... SBI CE 2550 @45.50 (Currently @30) and Infosys CE 3300 @28 (Currently @20)

I don't know what to do... Continue holding longs? Or exit?
Why Jan calls? It has been advised innumerable no of times not to enter CE/PE after the 15th of the month. And esp this month with such volatility, a major even and a short expiry (bcoz of holiday) u still trade current month options ...

Kab sudhroge bhai ... teacher sirf 10 tak ke hote hai .. phir category badal jaate hai aur XI-XII mein change hota hai and then again college ke professor hote hain ... aapko yahan pe pehle se professor (RB, SG etc) mil gaye lekin aap padhna hi nahi chahte ho !!!!!

gauharjk

Why? Were you not following charts? I could see it coming since morning.
Ask your friend E1 :D

And then again ... if on a 5 min spot chart u cannot see neg div .. what more to say :(

Why Jan calls? It has been advised innumerable no of times not to enter CE/PE after the 15th of the month. And esp this month with such volatility, a major even and a short expiry (bcoz of holiday) u still trade current month options ...

Kab sudhroge bhai ... teacher sirf 10 tak ke hote hai .. phir category badal jaate hai aur XI-XII mein change hota hai and then again college ke professor hote hain ... aapko yahan pe pehle se professor (RB, SG etc) mil gaye lekin aap padhna hi nahi chahte ho !!!!!

SM bhai,

Forums ko subah se ghoor raha tha...

What would be today's Nifty closing? Could we see Nifty 5750 today, boosted by all the new earnings coming out?
Good Morning friends...

Where is the market heading today?
Kuch to hint de dete?

I really thought the market was stable after good earnings reports coming in... and yesterday's decent rally... Totally misjudged...

Aapka Infy Options chart dekha tha... negative open interest in calls. So went long... Cannot afford futures at this moment... short of cash...

MurAtt

SM bhai,

Aapka Infy Options chart dekha tha... negative open interest in calls. So went long... Cannot afford futures at this moment... short of cash...
Forum ghoor rahe the .. wrong exercise ....

AND SERIOUSLY ChunMun friend :D
Stop searching the forums and start searching the charts.

Agar option leni thi to Feb ka lete. At least time decay to nahi maar deta.
Also remember .. a stock will never ever reach a target in one move ...

Even if it is a heavyweight like infy/reliance

DanPickUp

SM bhai,

Kuch to hint de dete?

I really thought the market was stable after good earnings reports coming in... and yesterday's decent rally... Totally misjudged...

Hi gauharjk

A little tool you should use daily and one which does not effort expensive software. I will give you two example with Nifty chart witch I downloaded from here : http://nifty.chart.tripod.com/. So, also the data for the chart is free. You only need a printer.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9199/image1xy.png

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/3064/image6s.png

In this charts you can draw trend lines. It is so simple and still a powerful tool. You have to do that, before market opens. Such trend lines show you some kind of market structure. You do not need to know any thing about indicators and what ever. Just paint such lines. They must be drawn from high to high or as you see the broken line, from pivot to pivot.

You can believe me : This will help. Try to place your orders on such lines. Use a hard stop loss. Those lines can show you support and resistance.

You would not get faked with your idea about a decent rally, if you would have used such an easy tool. Such trend lines must be broken clearly for trend changes. As you see twice, it was not broken. The down trend line was touched, but not broken. With this simple knowledge, you may also not would have gone long in SBI with your call.

http://finance.yahoo.com/charts?s=S...on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined

Or what does this chart show ?. You added long shares before in a downtrend and now you go long with calls in a downtrend. You may lucky tomorrow and market jumps, but better use this simple rule and never go against the main trend. Pros can do with a good mm and non pros should really stay away from such stunts.

Have a nice evening and paint your trend lines for tomorrows market.

:)DanPickUp