Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear friends,

I Purchased 3 lots of Lichsgfin 170 jan put Options at 0.45. per share. Current rate of Lichsgfin is around 193.

I request u to clarify the following doubts.

1. Is there any chance of these options being not sold on expiry date?

2. Who will buy these options at the last moment of expiry date?

3. What is the purpose of buying these options at the last moment of expiry date?

4. Suppose I am not able to sell these options on the stipulated date, what will be the penalty for this?

5. Finally, Is it advisable to keep this option untill the last date?

Thanks in advance.

Now I think US will correct and FTSE is the biggest indication for it. It will make one more move up so that smart money comes out and then will fall again. BTW very interesting to note that Nasdaq was abt to hit 2007 highs and started falling only 5 points from hitting the highs can be a significant resistance. 2770 is the 2007 highs it did manage to touch 2766 now according to me nasdaq is in a bear market since its making a lower high and lower low. The high of the year 2000 was around 5000 so if this high is breached we are going to see nasdaq return to bull territory.
Bro for the last two year or so I am keeping eye on FTSE and amazingly both are neck to neck If one left behind second reach to other or the front come back so now either FTSE coming down 300+ points or Nifty going 6000+soon My:p:rofl::lol:TA says so

Let's Meet !!

Guys, I think the time has come for us to meet now. How about some quality time off the forum to discuss about markets. I don't know how this is going to materialize but lets invite suggestions from all of you regarding when to meet. Would be great if you guys can make it to Pune.

Lets see how many of you are interested. Once the basic planning gets rolling, we'll finalize the dates and the content to be discussed.

I hope at least some of you want this thing to happen.

P.S. Please reply in this thread about this.

Tc
Simply not possible :(

Been out of town for 10 days x 3 times in the last 4 months.
And again possibly for 10 days in March to Mumbai ...

Doubt ...
Make a DVD from the event , as I am to far away.
This is great. I am in Mumbai so whenever,pune is Ok to me.. Yes Danpickup can cover on my camcorder for DVD sure.
Regards
Rajesh
Dear Raunak Bhai,

I am from Tamil Nadu.I am in for the event.
At least to meet Rauank bhai and fellow friends in person :)

TIA.

Best Regards,
JK
I am in too! But please arrange somewhere in Mumbai or Delhi quite convenient in terms of flights and everything else. Just a suggestion.
Hi Raunak,
How about a webinar?
Regards,
HK
Raunak,

Would definitely like to be there.., If you could come up with some tentative dates(And Contents if possible) would be more helpful .

And ofcourse without any second thoughts ALL the expenses which would be incurred during the meet can be shared among the participants
( I hope All would agree on this ..!!.., and no one would hurl any Stones at me ..;).. I Think its fair on our part)..

Are you looking at 1 or 2 days.., atleast one or 1/2 day would be advantageous if you could discuss during market hours.

Probably my other friends can add more comments on their views..

Best Wishes..,
Nithin.

Hello Dear Raunak Bhai,

It is a great Idea of a get together. As far as the place PUNE is concerned I have no problem because I am in Mumbai it is only a 2 to 3 hours for me from here by road. Also I have some work in pune so that I can arrange the programe accordingly. Yes If you all are arranging in Mumbai or any where in India also ok for me. So Raunak bhai add my name also in your list.

Hope the event will take place at the earliest and all of us will learn more trading skills.

It will be better if we include one market working day in the event. I think meeting on friday morning with market opening with two days full program of friday and saturday will be nice.

For memebers who are far away like DAN we can arrange Webinar or even CD.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,
Gangadharan:thumb:

SwingKing

Guys,

Will answer everything tomorrow. I have a few suggestions as well.

Just got caught up with some work today and for some reason my BlackBerry chose not to connect to the web today and hence could not reply. :)

Tc

hi... have been in the stock markets for the past 1 year... kept looking for various strategies which would work... i thought all TA is just B*** S***.... but in the recent 2-3months understood the importance of TA.....

all this after loosing about 25% of my capital..... :clapping:

well.... it was a good learning i would say.... it teached me why stop losses are important.... earlier i was a strong believer that SL should not be there..... afterall a stock which goes down will come up right :D . But only after about some stocks fell down by 70% do i realise this.....

i have read a few books, a lot of blogs and quite a few forums especially this one of raunak.... hats off to you man :thumb: i wanted to go through the whole of the forum but that would take some time(ryt now im on page 99)....

Havent started trading yet... though there is a push within to start as i have a feeling that i have learned a lot........ i know & believe that, one can never learn enough & all, learning is a stock which should keep trending up it cant move sideways.... coz if it does it will soon start trending lower..... all charts have to do that...... :p

ok enough of the non-sense.... i would also love to meet you people...

this post is a token of thanks to all of you.... a genuine thanks!!!!

I would appreciate if somebody would teach me some money management techniques....

Dear SK,
Following is the afl code of the setup, which I have framed through trial and error. I would request you to look at the setup and put forward your comments and probable improvements.

The details of the setup is provided at the beginning of the afl. I am not an expert in afl and have coded it by lifting the codes from here and there and studying the Help file of Amibroker.

However, the main problem with this is that it only works in Trending Market. Please give some ideas about Trading in Range bound markets of 1995-2003.

I would also like you to comment about drawdowns. What should be the amount of maximum drawdowns based on your experience?

Please go through the comments at the beginning of the afl for Setup Description.

Thanks.:)

Code:
//Created by Aditya Saraf

//THIS IS NOT A SYSTEM AS SUCH, JUST THE RESULT OF SOME TRIAL AND ERROR, AND I HAVE NOT DONE ANY
//SORT OF MANNUAL TESTING TILL Now.

//The system is self made and considers Moving Average and RSI to enter and exit the positions.

//The parameters include three types of Averaging: Simple MA, Exponential MA and Wilders.

//In the system which was tested, we used SMA as Averaging Type over 16-period. Thus, we use
//MA(16) AND RSI(16), to enter AND exit.

//Entries: (We enter only stocks which are the part of S&P CNX Nifty EXCLUDING ADAG COMPANIES -
//RPOWER,RNRL,RELCAP,RCOM,RELINFRA,RELMEDIA)

// We enter when all the following conditions are satisfied:
//1. Close > MA(16)
//2. RSI(16) > 55
//3. Volume is greater than yesterday's volume and whose EMA(Volume,16) > 400000.

// We exit when all the following conditions are satisfied:
//1. Close Crosses below EMA(16)
//2. RSI(16) < 50

//We take the maximum loss of 12%. For this please open the Automatic Analysis Window >> click on Settings >>
//Go to the Stops Tab and Enable Maximum Loss Stop as 12%. Also select "Exit Next Bar at Trade Price"

//Go to the Trades Tab and Select "Average" for both "Buy Price" and "Sell Price".

//Position Sizing: At max, we have 5 open positions at any given time. Initial Equity has been set at 100000.
//We place equal bets on all the trades. Thus, <=20% of Capital available.

//Position Score has been set such that Stocks which have lower RSI(16) is entered in case of multiple entry
//signals.

_SECTION_BEGIN( "Price" );
SetChartOptions( 2, chartShowArrows | chartShowDates | chartWrapTitle | chartLogarithmic );
_N( Title = StrFormat( "{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) Vol " + WriteVal( V, 1.0 ) + " {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ) );
Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor( "Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle( "Style" ) | GetPriceStyle() );

if ( ParamToggle( "Tooltip shows", "All Values|Only Prices" ) )
{
    ToolTip = StrFormat( "Open: %g\nHigh:  %g\nLow:   %g\nClose:  %g (%.1f%%)\nVolume: " + NumToStr( V, 1 ), O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) );
}

_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN( "MA" );
P = ParamField( "Price field", -1 );
Periods = Param( "Periods", 20, 2, 200, 1 );
Plot( MA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorTan ), ParamStyle( "Style", styleThick ) | styleNoRescale );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN( "Mid MA" );
Periods = Param( "Periods", 50, 2, 300, 1 );
Plot( MA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorRed ), ParamStyle( "Style", styleThick ) | styleNoRescale );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN( "Long MA" );
Periods = Param( "Periods", 100, 2, 400, 1 );
Plot( MA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorGreen ), ParamStyle( "Style", styleThick ) | styleNoRescale );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN( "BBands" );
Periods = Param( "Periods", 20, 2, 100, 1 );
Width = Param( "Width", 2, 0, 10, 0.05 );
Color = ParamColor( "Color", colorLightGrey );
Style = ParamStyle( "Style" ) | styleNoRescale;;
Plot( bbt = BBandTop( P, Periods, Width ), "BBTop" + _PARAM_VALUES(), Color, Style );
Plot( bbb = BBandBot( P, Periods, Width ), "BBBot" + _PARAM_VALUES(), Color, Style );
PlotOHLC( bbt, bbt, bbb, bbb, "", ColorBlend( Color, colorWhite, 0.9 ), styleCloud | styleNoRescale, Null, Null, Null, -1 );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN( "Volume" );
Plot( Volume, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color", colorLavender ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle( "Style", styleHistogram | styleOwnScale | styleThick | styleNoLabel, maskHistogram  ), 2 );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN( "Aditya" );

SetOption( "InitialEquity", 100000 );				//Initial Capital is set at 100000
SetOption( "AllowPositionShrinking", True );
SetOption( "ActivateStopsImmediately", True );
SetOption( "InterestRate", 3.5 );					//Remaining Cash earns Savings Bank Interest @ 3.5%
SetOption( "MinShares", 1 );
SetOption( "MinPosValue", 5000 );
SetOption( "HoldMinBars", 3 );						//Minimum Holding Period in order to avoid Auction

SetTradeDelays( 1, 1, 1, 1 );						//Both Entry and Exit are performed on the next day of signal
RoundLotSize = 1;

posqty = 5; 											// to optimize >>>> posqty = Optimize("PosQty", 5, 1, 20, 1 )
SetOption( "MaxOpenPositions", posqty );			//Max. Open Positions at any given time has been set at 5

// desired position size is 100% portfolio equity
// divided by PosQty positions

PositionSize = -100 / posqty;						//We take equal bets

Type = ParamList( "Average Type", "SMA,EMA,Wilders" );
P = Optimize( "Averaging Period", Param( "Averaging Period", 16, 3, 100, 1 ), 8, 80, 1 );

if ( Type == "SMA" )
    A = MA( C, P );

if ( Type == "EMA" )
    A = EMA( C, P );

if ( Type == "Wilders" )
    A = Wilders( C, P );

Cond1 = C > A;

Cond2 = RSI( P ) > 55;

Cond3 = Volume > Ref( Volume, -1 ) AND EMA( Volume, P ) > 400000;

Buy = Cond1 AND Cond2 AND Cond3;

Sell = Cross( C, A ) AND RSI( P ) < 50;

Buy = ExRem( Buy, Sell );

Sell = ExRem( Sell, Buy );

PlotShapes( IIf( Buy, shapeSquare, shapeNone ), colorGreen, 0, L, Offset = -20 );

PlotShapes( IIf( Buy, shapeSquare, shapeNone ), colorLime, 0, L, Offset = -30 );

PlotShapes( IIf( Buy, shapeUpArrow, shapeNone ), colorWhite, 0, L, Offset = -25 );

PlotShapes( IIf( Sell, shapeSquare, shapeNone ), colorRed, 0, H, Offset = 20 );

PlotShapes( IIf( Sell, shapeSquare, shapeNone ), colorOrange, 0, H, Offset = 30 );

PlotShapes( IIf( Sell, shapeDownArrow, shapeNone ), colorWhite, 0, H, Offset = -25 );

//PlotShapes( shapeUpArrow * Buy + shapeDownArrow * Sell, IIf( Buy, colorGreen, colorRed ) );

// now additional score
// that is used to rank equities
// when there are more ENTRY signals than available
// positions/cash

PositionScore = 100 - RSI( P ); 				// prefer stocks that have low RSI;

//for exploration
Filter = Buy;

AddColumn( Close, "Close", 1.2 );

_SECTION_END();

SwingKing

*Meet*

1. We can meet in Pune. I'll arrange a place where at least 10-15 guys can comfortably sit. Else, Mumbai is fine for me as well if someone can arrange the same there. If you guys come to Pune, we won't have to bear any infrastructure related costs.

2. Since I don't trade intra day, I am not sure how a live session would benefit all of us. We will discuss investment/swing setups which do not require live trading sessions. Preferably on a weekend so that everyone is free from their work schedule.

3. My knowledge on Webinar/DVD creation is limited and hence if anyone of you who attend the event know about this, then we can make a DVD/Webinar for those who do not attend the event.

4. Date has not been decided as yet. But I am thinking to have this between February 15 - March 10th.

Tc

SwingKing

Dear SK,
Following is the afl code of the setup, which I have framed through trial and error. I would request you to look at the setup and put forward your comments and probable improvements.

The details of the setup is provided at the beginning of the afl. I am not an expert in afl and have coded it by lifting the codes from here and there and studying the Help file of Amibroker.

However, the main problem with this is that it only works in Trending Market. Please give some ideas about Trading in Range bound markets of 1995-2003.

I would also like you to comment about drawdowns. What should be the amount of maximum drawdowns based on your experience?

Please go through the comments at the beginning of the afl for Setup Description.

Thanks.:)
Aditya Dear,

I'll go through this and will comment on it later.

Will be done before 11 Pm though.

Tc