• February 27th 2011

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your question itself has the answer sikandar.

Its just plain and simple observation. Go through this thread, you'll have to search for bits of information on how I tend to spot my stocks. I can't give a simple answer for this.

Tc
yes already gone thro.may it will be 5 daymom or duelstoch imo,but dont know the parameter.Thanks for your guidance.

Apurv7164

Have exited Adani at 567 odd levels. Meanwhile Lupin is on a roll.

Tc
Morning! Raunakji.... excellent call on Adani... however, I wud like to know the analogy behind ur decision of closing this trade...

I just tried to have a look on the chart and found that, RSI 9 and 14 have just crossed above level of 80 which in my opinion sign of stock getting into strong hands...

ADX(8) started showing trend strength and +/-DMI(13) started expanding. +DMI just around 25 and -DMI is below 10 showing stock is getting into strong trend of bulls for short term.

Kindly explain what are the points for analysis I m missing here and not finding reason to close the trade!!

Started getting impressed with the accuracy of ur calls,
Apurv

SwingKing

Morning! Raunakji.... excellent call on Adani... however, I wud like to know the analogy behind ur decision of closing this trade...

I just tried to have a look on the chart and found that, RSI 9 and 14 have just crossed above level of 80 which in my opinion sign of stock getting into strong hands...

ADX(8) started showing trend strength and +/-DMI(13) started expanding. +DMI just around 25 and -DMI is below 10 showing stock is getting into strong trend of bulls for short term.

Kindly explain what are the points for analysis I m missing here and not finding reason to close the trade!!

Started getting impressed with the accuracy of ur calls,
Apurv
Apurv,

I have been building up positions in Adani from 530 levels. Hence for swing perspective, I had a 40 point profit on average. I purely exited based on this. It may well go up and had it been for Investment purpose I would have held on to the stock. But for Swing trades I always have some % profit booking zone and Adani reached those zones. Moreover, I found Lupin on friday, and hence had built up huge futures positions in it. Was up by 4% today, so that kind of also begins to enter my profit zone.

So if you want a one line answer, here it is. "I prefer to buy at weakness and sell at strength". This is applicable to swing trades only.

Tc

SwingKing

yes already gone thro.may it will be 5 daymom or duelstoch imo,but dont know the parameter.Thanks for your guidance.
Sikandar,

I had mentioned in the beginning of this thread that I don't trade any of the strategies mentioned here. Although I have discussed many stocks in this thread highlighting the reasons why I have actually picked up stocks. You can refer to those particular examples.

Tc

Apurv7164

Apurv,

I have been building up positions in Adani from 530 levels. Hence for swing perspective, I had a 40 point profit on average. I purely exited based on this. It may well go up and had it been for Investment purpose I would have held on to the stock. But for Swing trades I always have some % profit booking zone and Adani reached those zones. Moreover, I found Lupin on friday, and hence had built up huge futures positions in it. Was up by 4% today, so that kind of also begins to enter my profit zone.

So if you want a one line answer, here it is. "I prefer to buy at weakness and sell at strength". This is applicable to swing trades only.

Tc

Thank you Raunak, this makes complete sense to me... No personal offense, just wanted to learn.

Apurv7164

Apurv ...

Another way is to look at the chart in a Weekly TF too ....

Price has taken resistance at 178 where some amount of supply has come in BUT follow-up supply vols are not there .. that means either the super vols in the push-up bar of breaking the resistance of 163 has liquidated somewhat .. and the stock may test 163 again once and then bounce back ....

But surely it is not in a downtrend as of now ....

Also the 163 levels were a horizontal trading range for many days and has been broken. Target for the same is 163+(163-136)=190 odd levels ...

If you see previous recent high, it is 210 BUT the body of the candle is from 194 which matches with the horizontal breakout target.

Just a matter of time and patience imo .... and those are two of the few things required in abundance for a trader/investor to get better of the market ...

:thumb:

Thank you SM... My target is almost same as yours... however, i won't be surprised to see higher targets if my last analogy works coz after every corrected moves it had made new swing high... let us keep watching...