Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apurv7164

Thanks a ton Raunak for your guidance... Actually i was going through some material of Steve Nison to refresh my knowledge and i got this point of combining 2 candles against one long candle... searching for similar situation, i happen to visit the chart of NIITTECH which is making similar patter i.e. one long white and 2 significant sized black so thought of raising this point for open discussion so that many can learn and others can refreshe knowledge...

I am not holding this stock but now i m getting sense of buying it for scalp trading with the risk reward of 1:2 or 1:3 depending on where i can get it...

Thank you sir...

SwingKing

Thanks a ton Raunak for your guidance... Actually i was going through some material of Steve Nison to refresh my knowledge and i got this point of combining 2 candles against one long candle... searching for similar situation, i happen to visit the chart of NIITTECH which is making similar patter i.e. one long white and 2 significant sized black so thought of raising this point for open discussion so that many can learn and others can refreshe knowledge...

I am not holding this stock but now i m getting sense of buying it for scalp trading with the risk reward of 1:2 or 1:3 depending on where i can get it...

Thank you sir...
Apurv,

This might sound strange. But why wait for 1:2 or 1:3 risk reward trades. To me this concept does not make sense. I go for trades with 1:1 rewards. It just depends on the setup and the probability of it running in my favor. This is contrary to what you might have read in some books. But for me, the concept of risk to reward is blown out of proportion.

Tc

Apurv,

This might sound strange. But why wait for 1:2 or 1:3 risk reward trades. To me this concept does not make sense. I go for trades with 1:1 rewards. It just depends on the setup and the probability of it running in my favor. This is contrary to what you might have read in some books. But for me, the concept of risk to reward is blown out of proportion.

Tc
I think the same.

Apurv7164

Hello Raunak and Simple_Trader,

Ur point is valid but problem with me is I am not having consistently profitable trades and hence I m waiting for 1:2 to 1:3 risk reward to keep my account in profit... hard and stupidic to accept and speak a loud in public but my success vs failure ratio is 1:1 so if i trade with 1:1 risk reward, i end up having no profit - no loss... which is not worth investing employing money, time and efforts especially... No offense, just a personal opinion....

On separate note, I found something interesting on RPower chart... may not be applicable in real life trading but still thought of sharing with you all for the discussion...

Last edited:

SwingKing

Hello Raunak and Simple_Trader,

Ur point is valid but problem with me is I am not having consistently profitable trades and hence I m waiting for 1:2 to 1:3 risk reward to keep my account in profit... hard and stupidic to accept and speak a loud in public but my success vs failure ratio is 1:1 so if i trade with 1:1 risk reward, i end up having no profit - no loss... which is not worth investing employing money, time and efforts especially... No offense, just a personal opinion....

Apurv, this is completely normal. I'll advise you to develop a mechanical system first and trade it till you develop the necessary skills to analyze charts with higher probability using discretion based analysis. Hence be patient, read a book on how to develop systems and then go and build one.

Regarding RPOWER

What you are trying to do here is very effective. And amazingly this works with very good accuracy. However, ask yourself this: What does market tell you when correction bars are increasing? Can you tell me what this means? If you can't find the answer, let me know.

Tc

blackberry

Regarding RPOWER

What you are trying to do here is very effective. And amazingly this works with very good accuracy. However, ask yourself this: What does market tell you when correction bars are increasing? Can you tell me what this means? If you can't find the answer, let me know.

Tc
Sir,Me also Interested to know.