• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Dear ,

I want to make sure if this formation is an ABC and if my analysis is right ,the target would be 161% Fibo which will be around 31.5!

I would love to see your comment on that, and please how much time you would expect it to be completed...

Many thanks,
This stock has clearly violated its range based uptrend. No matter what pattern it forms, I will avoid trading it.

Tc

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

In IDEA according to weekly charts, can this be called as a possible breakout from the descending triangle formation? We had high volumes too last week(though, it was a red candle) when it broke out. So, is this valid formation?
It looks like it is a valid formation. However, I would still wait before actually buying this for investment. Let it show some strength.

Stock however is strong on momentum on lower time frames. Hence, looking good for swing trades.

Tc

Apurv7164

It looks like it is a valid formation. However, I would still wait before actually buying this for investment. Let it show some strength.

Stock however is strong on momentum on lower time frames. Hence, looking good for swing trades.

Tc
My 2 paisa...

I agree... I wud wait for previous swing to be carried out if it is descending triangle.... Fundamental thought behind descending triangle is, bears r in power and pushing price down with the maintained lower highs (swing points) and bulls are also having some strength to not let price go below certain level and hence maintaining equal lows (swing points). When we got higher break out from descending triangle means, bears are getting tired and bulls have hit final stroke.. it cud be coupe de grace by bulls but what if bears are not actually tired.. They are just setting back and preparing themselves for final stroke???!!! so just to make sure who is getting control I wud wait for previous swing high to be carried out with momentum....

Had this been Ascending or symmetric triangle, I wud think of initiating trade on break out...

Apurv7164

Hey Guyz,

I am back with the dilemma of life…. This time I m in need of guidance from the perspective of money management or trade management.

What do we do when trade is not going in favor of your analysis and neither it is hitting stop loss? Shall I get out of it with minor loss especially market is at the stage wherein it can have explosive move either side? I have been holding FDC for last 20 days or so and it is not hitting stop loss and neither moving upward. I m at loss of around 1 rs per share including brokerage… shall I get out of it?

I am a short term trader and usually hold position for couple of weeks... however, I have enuf capitalization to hold position further.

This wud help many other immatured traders like me... mostly we not so experienced traders struggle with money/trade management...

Need Help,
Apurv

Last edited:

SwingKing

Hey Guyz,

I am back with the dilemma of life. This time I m in need of guidance from the perspective of money management or trade management.

What do we do when trade is not going in favor of your analysis and neither it is hitting stop loss? Shall I get out of it with minor loss especially market is at the stage wherein it can have explosive move either side? I have been holding FDC for last 20 days or so and it is not hitting stop loss and neither moving upward. I m at loss of around 1 rs per share including brokerage shall I get out of it?

I am a short term trader and usually hold position for couple of weeks... however, I have enuf capitalization to hold position further.

This wud help many other immatured traders like me... mostly we not so experienced traders struggle with money/trade management...

Need Help,
Apurv
Apurv,

As far as I go, if a stock is not hitting your stop loss, then it is definitely going in your favor. So just hold on to the position and see. FDC is low on volatility; both on day basis and Annual basis. Hence, it will give returns with respect to its volatility. Always consider the stocks volatility (historical) before deciding upon your level of expectation. Recently the stock is trading with good volatility.

FDC should come down (consolidate) little more before it starts to move forward. Keep SL of 85-86. The double top that you see on the daily frame is as of now a fake one. Let's see. I'll track this stock. Overall the stock is in a good bullish structure.

Tc