Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear Raunak Agarwal And Stocks Murtaza

I'm very new to Technicals in Stock market,but am doing trading and investing since 8-10 years mostly based on some close information. I need to learn more on technicals and so i am doing some lessons on metastock. I have few questions for you it would be nice if you can answer them:

1. What software are you using for Technicals??
2. Can you help me with Metastock??
3. I'm planning to buy some RT Data Provider can u suggest me one??
4. How to use your programming in Metastock?? if its possible.

You can post it here or you can send me direct email at xxxxxxxxxx as i am not aware of this forum so don't know how your reply can be noticed by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Stocks Murtaza

I'm very new to Technicals in Stock market,but am doing trading and investing since 8-10 years mostly based on some close information. I need to learn more on technicals and so i am doing some lessons on metastock. I have few questions for you it would be nice if you can answer them:

You can post it here or you can send me direct email at xxxxxxxxxxx as i am not aware of this forum so don't know how your reply can be noticed by me.

MurAtt

Dear Stocks Murtaza

I do use AMIBroker but limited use. I am more of an investor. I have tried my hand at day trading and futures trading BUT find that it does not suit me at all.

Yes I have been able to gather quite some knowledge about Technicals and in various different methods of technicals too. BUT still am a drop in an ocean. The market is vast and the methods and strategies and knowledge still more vast and unending ....

Nopes. No idea at all. :(

Try the threads under Data where discussion is on Data and Data Providers.
The best provider is E-Signal and Falcon imo.

As said earlier... no idea in MS. :(
You can post it here or you can send me direct email at xxxxxxxx as i am not aware of this forum so don't know how your reply can be noticed by me.
Replies inline DRS ....

SwingKing

Following stocks should do well in short term.

Sterling Tools
Shasun Chem
Precision Wires
Mangalore Chemical and Fertilizers
Lanco Infratech
Indian Oil Corp
HDFC Ltd

ETC Network
Dabur
Archies
Andhra Bank

The one highlighted in Bold have their respective futures in the derivative market. Rest are some mid/small cap companies which are looking reasonably good. Let's see how these work.

Tc

Last edited:

Karanm

Sir I think all depend on experience of traders and his pocket size:thumb:
But I saw most of people when in loss stay in trade in hope and when in profit they are in a haste to book instead of trailing and I am one of them too
Sir,

On various Sites & other sources you get Trading Techniques / Statergies / Softwares with more than 80% Success Ratio & Excellent Risk / Reward Ratio but they all are total Failures when you do Practical Trading with these so called Trading Techniques / Statergies / Softwares.

Is it possible to get Minimum 60% Success with Risk 1 & Reward 2 Ratio with any Trading Technique / Statergy / Software (Positional or Intraday). If we toss the Coin our probability is 50:50 and I am expecting 60% with the help of Technique / Statergy / Software, is it possible, if yes kindly Suggest me One such Technique / Statergy / Software.

I would be obliged for your help & Guidnace.

Regards
Karan

SwingKing

If we toss the Coin our probability is 50:50 and I am expecting 60% with the help of Technique / Statergy / Software, is it possible, if yes kindly Suggest me One such Technique / Statergy / Software.

I would be obliged for your help & Guidnace.

Regards
Karan
Karan,

Before I begin to answer your statement. Do onething for me. For the next one week, sit with a coin and see what it says. In the end let me know the probability of winning with a coin toss.

Statistical probability and practical application of probability are two completely different things. You need to understand this before you can understand what i write in future. Hence do this first, then I will give you your desired answer.

Tc

rrmhatre72

Scalped around 33 points.

Tc
Hi Raunak,

I understand this is your scalped call & you squared it off as soon as you get profit.
Just wanted to know what if you would have hold it with stop loss(say5400) for day & waited till day end. OR you was of opinion that there will not be much upside for the day.
Just want to understand your logic while closing this trade.