Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogembo

Hi Savant,

Appreciate your thoughts and concerns on the risks with FNO. The risks associated are huge and only a person who has lost signicantly will realise that.

I am thinking on my feet here but we could

1. Strictly define the risk capital

2. Restrict first few recommendations to index futures / options which has relatively smaller risks / trading capital requirement.

3. Strict stoploss defined at entry.

4.Define specific times of the day when one has to check the thread for updates when one has a position

5. Updates via Yahoo messenger for quick communication in case of emergency? (some of us working class will have to get GPRS on our mobiles!!!:D)

It's well past midnight and its a working day tomorrow....:annoyed:
That's all I can think of at the moment!!! Other's pls add anymore suggestions on the method.

Of course, this will be taxing on your time and bandwidth. Will leave it to your better judgement to decide.

Cheers,

Scorpio
While going through these threads of Savantji's, I think he does have a valid point. A lot of people (me including) have developed a blind faith in him.

I myself asked for FnO list a few posts back and I cant tell a F from an O.
While going through FnO categories of traderji, I couldnt find any "teaching a man to fish" kinda thread for derivative trading or maybe I missed it completely. Before asking savantji to start the thread for FnO list, it would be so much nice to have thread which explains the nitty gritty of the whole thing.

Can any of you knowledgeable people help us newcomers in this ??
Lancer/Scorpio, maybe if you can start it, and people will start asking questions, we can have more tools to understand and handle FnO lists much better.

SavantGarde

Hi Lancer,

I Said Keep An Eye On 60 Strike CALL Of IFCI, It May Provide An Opportunity In This Month, That Doesn't Mean One Jumps Into It On Monday....

Opportunity Was Right When I Had Sent An Offline Message To Izzner...It Was Not Posted Since RR Was Better For Izzner Considering He Has Starting Capital Of 10 L Which Has Probably Become 11.5 Now....Inspite Of His Wifey Selling His Holding In Panic.

But Now Will Require Some Monitoring

70 Strike Is Not On The Cards Yet, It Is Way Too Far Due To Lack Of Visibilty Of Any Concrete News Of The Stake Sale....Though May Provide An Opportunity Towards The End Of The Month.

I Have Never Monitored CALLs & PUTs On Charts But Let Me Check Some More To See If It Is Worth Looking At The Charts...

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

scorpio77

Hi Mogembo,

Vanram has posted an excellent compilation by Karnani. In addition, pls go through the following links:

http://www.investopedia.com/university/futures/

http://www.optionsxpress.com/educate/investing101/futures/basics.aspx

http://www.investopedia.com/university/options/

http://www.optionseducation.org/classes/syllabus_options_basics.jsp

All my learning has come from these sites and Traderji. Don't miss reading Saint's thread "teach a man to fish". This should give you a good foundation to start off with.

Would highly recommend you paper trade a few weeks before you invest any real money to understand the benefits and possible risks!!

While going through these threads of Savantji's, I think he does have a valid point. A lot of people (me including) have developed a blind faith in him.

I myself asked for FnO list a few posts back and I cant tell a F from an O.
While going through FnO categories of traderji, I couldnt find any "teaching a man to fish" kinda thread for derivative trading or maybe I missed it completely. Before asking savantji to start the thread for FnO list, it would be so much nice to have thread which explains the nitty gritty of the whole thing.

Can any of you knowledgeable people help us newcomers in this ??
Lancer/Scorpio, maybe if you can start it, and people will start asking questions, we can have more tools to understand and handle FnO lists much better.

scorpio77

Hi Savant,

Going purely by the daily charts there has been a BB piercing and reversal followed by an SMA crossover. The stock looks poised for a breakout. Do we wait until the price crosses the June highs of 56.8 and 57.75 to confirm the upmove before going long?

Hi Lancer,

I Said Keep An Eye On 60 Strike CALL Of IFCI, It May Provide An Opportunity In This Month, That Doesn't Mean One Jumps Into It On Monday....

Opportunity Was Right When I Had Sent An Offline Message To Izzner...It Was Not Posted Since RR Was Better For Izzner Considering He Has Starting Capital Of 10 L Which Has Probably Become 11.5 Now....Inspite Of His Wifey Selling His Holding In Panic.

70 Strike Is Not On The Cards Yet, It Is Way Too Far Due To Lack Of Visibilty Of Any Concrete News Of The Stake Sale....Though May Provide An Opportunity Towards The End Of The Month.

I Have Never Monitored CALLs & PUTs On Charts But Let Me Check Some More To See If It Is Worth Looking At The Charts...

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Last edited:

SavantGarde

Hi Scorpio,

BUY Triggered On The Second Last Bar Where Crossover Should Be Clearer On A Bigger Chart Size.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Hi Savant,

Going purely by the daily charts there has been a BB piercing and reversal followed by an SMA crossover. The stock looks poised for a breakout. Do we wait until the price crosses the June highs of 56.8 and 57.75 to confirm the upmove before going long?

scorpio77

You are right savant! Attaching the bigger chart. I Usually wait for a confirmation of atleast one candle in direction of upmove before confirming BUY.

Any views on the entry price for the stock on futures? In addition to positive news flow what according to you would signal a good buy on the chart?

Chart settings:

SMA 1 - 5, SMA 2 - 6 and

SMA 3 - 20 ( for reference)

Hi Scorpio,

BUY Triggered On The Second Last Bar Where Crossover Should Be Clearer On A Bigger Chart Size.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Attachments

Last edited:

SavantGarde

Hi Scorpio,

If You Miss The Crossover Entry, Then It Just Means ENTRY On Dip

SavantGarde

You are right savant! Attaching the bigger chart. I Usually wait for a confirmation of atleast one candle in direction of upmove before confirming BUY.

Any views on the entry price for the stock on futures? In addition to positive news flow what according to you would signal a good buy on the chart?

lancer

Hi Lancer,

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Hi Savant,

Thanks. Got your point. Buy on dips. Rs 2.30 was the beginning of the 60 strike call for July series. Shall keep an eye for bargain hunting.

Wishes,

Lancer.

lancer

Earlier Savant had thrown some light on candlestick patterns both Bullish and Bearish. The Jig Saw movement of some stocks for past few days was rather confusing for me. This is what I found and thought of sharing.

Continuation Candlestick Patterns

Continuation patterns suggest the market will maintain an established trend. Often the direction of the candlesticks themselves are in the opposite direction of trend in continuance. Continuation patterns help traders differentiate between a price action that is in full reversal and those merely taking a pause. Most traders will tell you there is a time to trade and a time to rest. The formation of continuation candlestick patterns imply consolidation, a time to rest and watch.

Lancer.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.