Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancer

Hi Lancer,

Here Are Few That You May Look Into

IFCI, PNB, ICICIBANK, SUZLON, ADLABSFILM, RELCAP, RNRL, CHAMBLFERT, FINANTECH & JPASSOCIAT

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Hi Savant,

Spot On Yet Again. All Inmates Interested In FNO, Check The Prices On The Day Of Posting And Today. Suzlon, JP, ICICI, PNB all have been star performers. Still looking for Adlabs upside.

My place to check the historical prices is ( But I do not agree with their RECCOS.):-
http://www.buzzingstocks.com/in/index.pl

Think This May Be THE Reason Enough To Start A New FNO Thread.
Wishes,

Lancer.

SavantGarde

Hi Lancer,

New F&O Thread....Hmmmmm, Let Me Come To Terms With Myself First, That It Will Not Put People In Unecessary Jeopardy....Cause A Bit Blind Of Faith Is Happening, A Lot Of Folks Are Not Doing Enough Studies On Their Own Of The System & Anything I Post Here Will Be Required Almost Immediated Attention...& Any Lag In Reading The Post Could Prove Disastrous...Understand My Friend....Lancer....I Have A Conscience You Know...& Have To Live With It Too....

Anyways, It Is Still Under Consideration....Have To Decide On The Format

'JAI BABA'

SavantGarde

Hi Savant,

Spot On Yet Again. All Inmates Interested In FNO, Check The Prices On The Day Of Posting And Today. Suzlon, JP, ICICI, PNB all have been star performers. Still looking for Adlabs upside.

My place to check the historical prices is ( But I do not agree with their RECCOS.):-
http://www.buzzingstocks.com/in/index.pl

Think This May Be THE Reason Enough To Start A New FNO Thread.
Wishes,

Lancer.

lancer

Hi Lancer,

New F&O Thread....Hmmmmm, Let Me Come To Terms With Myself First, That It Will Not Put People In Unecessary Jeopardy....Cause A Bit Blind Of Faith Is Happening, A Lot Of Folks Are Not Doing Enough Studies On Their Own Of The System & Anything I Post Here Will Be Required Almost Immediated Attention...& Any Lag In Reading The Post Could Prove Disastrous...Understand My Friend....Lancer....I Have A Conscience You Know...& Have To Live With It Too....

'JAI BABA'

SavantGarde
Savant,

I do agree with you. A bit of net failure for three hours cost me 2 lakhs on account of PRAJIND, KSOILS and GAIL. I will make up the money and I have a permanent job for keeps. But for a guy who is solely dependant on the market it can prove catastrophic.

The problem was lack risk management, when took exposure of 1:4. It can happen to a new comer. It has the potential of draining the entire portfolio within a couple of days. It is also a problem working with S/L ( 1-2%) as they get hit frequently, due to the fact that there is constant profit booking all through the trading hours.

The NSE is more sensible now and has reduced the lot sizes by half i:e Suzlon now comes with 3000 instead of 6000 from July Futures series onwards.

Using Stochs( 5,3,4), 4/5/6 SMA, 9,2 BB and 20/50 MA does give an idea where we stand. Up or down ? But are they enough??? You do need to keep an hawk's eye ....No LOO......

'JAI BABA"

Lancer.

SavantGarde

Hi Lancer,

Exactly The Thoughts & Risks That I Am Trying To Workout Before I Start Posting.

Stoch With Settings 5,3,4
SMAs With 4/5 For Index Futures & 5/6 For Stocks Should Be Enough
BB (Close 9,2)
20/50 Doesnt Have Any Part In This, Atleast Yet.

I Had Given Izzner An Offline Message, I Think It Was On Monday About Buying IFCI July Futures....Don't Know What He Did....Should Be In Good Profit So Far...Anyways, Check For IFCI CALL Strike Price 60 For This Month, I Think It Will Climb To 78....:)

'JAI BABA'

SavantGarde

Savant,

I do agree with you. A bit of net failure for three hours cost me 2 lakhs on account of PRAJIND, KSOILS and GAIL. I will make up the money and I have a permanent job for keeps. But for a guy who is solely dependant on the market it can prove catastrophic.

The problem was lack risk management, when took exposure of 1:4. It can happen to a new comer. It has the potential of draining the entire portfolio within a couple of days. It is also a problem working with S/L ( 1-2%) as they get hit frequently, due to the fact that there is constant profit booking all through the trading hours.

The NSE is more sensible now and has reduced the lot sizes by half i:e Suzlon now comes with 3000 instead of 6000 from July Futures series onwards.

Using Stochs( 5,3,4), 4/5/6 SMA, 9,2 BB and 20/50 MA does give an idea where we stand. Up or down ? But are they enough??? You do need to keep an hawk's eye ....No LOO......

'JAI BABA"

Lancer.

lancer

Hi Lancer,

Exactly The Thoughts & Risks That I Am Trying To Workout Before I Start Posting.

Stoch With Settings 5,3,4
SMAs With 4/5 For Index Futures & 5/6 For Stocks Should Be Enough
BB (Close 9,2)
20/50 Doesnt Have Any Part In This, Atleast Yet.

I Had Given Izzner An Offline Message, I Think It Was On Monday About Buying IFCI July Futures....Don't Know What He Did....Should Be In Good Profit So Far...Anyways, Check For IFCI CALL Strike Price 60 For This Month, I Think It Will Climb To 78....:)

'JAI BABA'

SavantGarde

Hi Savant,

Thanks. The margin money earlier for June series IFCI was pretty high , 3.7 lakhs with a lot size of 15760. Think the lot size for JULY series is now 7880 with half the margin money @ 2 lakhs at CMP.

Expiry Date Type Strike Price LTP Last Traded
30 Jul '09 Call 60.00 5.00 26 Jun '09 15:00
60 call may be worth it, come monday.

'JAI BABA"

Lancer.

Last edited:

SavantGarde

I Remember Earlier When The Stake Sale Was Going To Happen I Had 38 CALLs Ranging Between 1.80-2.70 & On Each Of Them I Cleared Almost 2.24 Ls...:)

SavantGarde

Hi Savant,

Thanks. The margin money earlier for June series IFCI was prtty high , 3.7 lakhs with a lot size of 15760. Think the lot size for JULY series is now 7880 with half the margin money @ 2 lakhs at CMP.

60 call may be worth it, come monday.

'JAI BABA"

Lancer.

lancer

I Remember Earlier When The Stake Sale Was Going To Happen I Had 38 CALLs Ranging Between 1.80-2.70 & On Each Of Them I Cleared Almost 2.24 Ls...:)

SavantGarde
Think I am getting your point now. Calls for stocks with a positive uptrend outlook have minimal risk with high potential returns, if picked up early in the series. Besides, it also gives you the leverage of adding more calls as the stock price rises. The margin money required here is also managable.

One must better understand the downside as well. Baught one lot call of Petronet LNG June series with the strike price of 80 @ 3.0 about ten days back. Lot size was 8800. The last known price on 25 June was 0.02. So lost the entire investment of Rs.27,000/-.

I Had 38 CALLs Ranging Between 1.80-2.70 & On Each Of Them I Cleared Almost 2.24 Ls..
Do I get you right ?? 2.2 lakhs on each call with 38 calls in bag ??? So, sold all lots @ or above 15-17 with the earlier astronomical lot size of 15760 !!!!:confused:. Think the trick here is early entry.

If that be the case there is a cause to please start a new thread with Futures, Options ( Calls, Puts ) to help the the masss. You may just start with the FUNDAS of their Ergometrics as most investors do not get the hang of it. Buy Hold Triggers may wait.

'JAI BABA"

Lancer.

Last edited:

scorpio77

Hi Savant,

Appreciate your thoughts and concerns on the risks with FNO. The risks associated are huge and only a person who has lost signicantly will realise that.

I am thinking on my feet here but we could

1. Strictly define the risk capital

2. Restrict first few recommendations to index futures / options which has relatively smaller risks / trading capital requirement.

3. Strict stoploss defined at entry.

4.Define specific times of the day when one has to check the thread for updates when one has a position

5. Updates via Yahoo messenger for quick communication in case of emergency? (some of us working class will have to get GPRS on our mobiles!!!:D)

It's well past midnight and its a working day tomorrow....:annoyed:
That's all I can think of at the moment!!! Other's pls add anymore suggestions on the method.

Of course, this will be taxing on your time and bandwidth. Will leave it to your better judgement to decide.

Cheers,

Scorpio

Hi Lancer,

'JAI BABA'

SavantGarde

Aqua9

Hi Lancer,

'JAI BABA'

SavantGarde
Hi Savant

Have been regularly following your posts, and would agree that you must consider to start a new thread on FNO, as a matter of fact i agree with lancer on quite a few points that we face while trading FNO's, if we keep strict stop loss we end of squaring off the positions without making any profits most of the times, hence views on trends and guidelines will certainly help us in trading more confidently.

Cheers

lancer

Hi Savant,

The July Option Call Of " IFCI " For Strike Prices Of 60 And 70 are Rs. 5.0 and 2.3 Respectvely With The Lot Size Of 7880. The Investment For The Later Is Half. May I Know What Is The Technicals Behind Choosing The Strike Price Of 60 Instead Of 70 ?
The Charts Pattern Is Attached For 60 And 70 Strike. Stoch Hovering At 80 % Wth Earlier BB Piercing .Can I Go For Bargain Hunting At Lower Levels. Do The BB And Cross Overs Apply Here ?

'JAI BABA'

Lancer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.