Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Trader J

Agreed. NSE NOW won't let us offer commodities nor is it quite advanced from an RMS perspective. NEST is an option but, like many people pointed out, it has its similarities (plusses and minuses) with NSE NOW. Both are developed by the same company with NEST being a more premium offering. The team feels that the next software we pick has to be on point. Switching trading software and maintaining separate ones is difficult for both brokers and clients.

We're looking at vendors across the board to see what the best option is and NEST hasn't been ruled out. Software changes is on the horizon -- picking the right one, ensuring clients are happy with it, and doing a smooth migration is what's going to take time. We aim to change the way trading is done, not just offer low brokerage so we want to make sure we don't settle on any software early. Hope that helps.
Dear RKSV,

Could you like to share which software vendors are you looking ? I think, we have very limited vendors available for all in one trading software. Thanks

soft_trader

Dear RKSV,

Could you like to share which software vendors are you looking ? I think, we have very limited vendors available for all in one trading software. Thanks
Trader J,

You are right. There are not much choices for trading platform in India. Big vendors are Financial Technologies and Omnesys. And I don't think RKSV will bring any proprietary trading platform.

Dear RKSV,

Hi Trader J,

Actually can't say much on this topic... but it does involve guys other than the ones mentioned above :) Give us a few months as we finalise who to move forward with and will let you know.

Last edited:
hi rksv when u get your software will you provide margin against stocks to sell covered calls
as of now two of you dependable brokers other then new guys achievers ( where i would not like to trader for atleast 2-3 month )

Zerodha i have had so much arguments with them that i should not be with trading them

So that leaves you guys you are charging 2 K per month where as achievers is charing 500 which is beyond cheap

Still i would like to open an account with you guys only but for charging a premium as you are most expensive brokers for an average trader you should provide margins for stocks in DP and also a good software

i hope new software solves these pending issues so we can also trade with you

hi rksv when u get your software will you provide margin against stocks to sell covered calls
as of now two of you dependable brokers other then new guys achievers ( where i would not like to trader for atleast 2-3 month )

Zerodha i have had so much arguments with them that i should not be with trading them

So that leaves you guys you are charging 2 K per month where as achievers is charing 500 which is beyond cheap

Still i would like to open an account with you guys only but for charging a premium as you are most expensive brokers for an average trader you should provide margins for stocks in DP and also a good software

i hope new software solves these pending issues so we can also trade with you
Above issue is just poor technology standing in the way. With a platform that's well integrated with back office, front office, and DP, all these should go away. We hope we can solve this problem soon too. :cool:

Hi Trader J,

Actually can't say much on this topic... but it does involve guys other than the ones mentioned above :) Give us a few months as we finalise who to move forward with and will let you know.
Great to read this statement of your's !!

You promised that you'll bring in Currency and you've done that.

Certainly if you are saying that you are working on finalising a
vendor for a better trading platform then surely I can wait patiently
for this to materialise .

Keep growing leaps and bounds, BEST !! :thumb:

@ RKSV ,

Have you received any update from NSE about the reduction of transaction costs as was announced earlier by NSE that new transaction cost structure will be effective from October 1st 2012 ?

Thanks.

@ RKSV ,

Have you received any update from NSE about the reduction of transaction costs as was announced earlier by NSE that new transaction cost structure will be effective from October 1st 2012 ?

Thanks.
Nope... I think what happened was they released a new category of membership for smaller players. Those brokers can offset their existing infrastructure and transaction fees against the deposit that they are entitled to receive.

http://www.nseindia.com/content/press/intro_alpha_24092012.pdf

Sorry everyone :(

Hi,

I have been trading in futures (various Stocks) for few months now. These trades are not intraday - i.e they are open for few days atleast. Normally my open positions margins will run upto 10 Lakhs on average.

For this margin money, I have shares as collateral with my broker and some cash. Now when the cash is utilized for the positions and margin money from shares as collateral are utilized, my broker is charging delayed payin charges for the same @ 18%. Is that the way it normally is ?

let me know what is the best option available ?

Regards,
-Tarun.