Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

Oh !! Still more information. You detailed it for better understanding ...:thumb:

I thought something small must have happened after RKSV post but indeed I got confused again .. :confused:
Bear in mind that this is an issue that one might be more likely to run into when one is using very small SL, so if you use medium-sized or large SL then you might be unlikely to run into this problem (except maybe on days when there's really extreme volatility but that might be very rare). So, it probably won't be a huge problem for you on a regular basis, unless you're a scalper or looking to enter with really small SL's at convulsive break-out levels like I've been trying to do on the strategy I've been testing with them.

@RKSV,
A critical and very important update request.
A LTP on upstox web chart.

And if quickly Possible, LTP line on the latest candle movements.

See Zerodha's Kite for reference, or your own upstox mobile app LTP price details.

Last edited:

NJ23

By when can we expect the Python module and the documentation for the same for APIs?

Thanks.

vikas2131

Re: General Trading Chat

I have got a call from rksv explaining me that i started that position on 19th April 2017 and i closed it yesterday ..The issue is I dnt remember seeing the position in my account and rksv does not list carry forward position in contract notes..it is listed in MCX bill ...Is it same for everyone else too ??

Last edited:
Does this make any sense? How can a single OCO Limit entry-order open up multiple SL's & TP's in the ORDER-BOOK? :confused: Sure, you could have multiple executions for a single entry-order but isn't that supposed to considered as a SINGLE order anyway since the trader only put a single entry-order? Will this mean I'll be paying brokerage separately for each executed order even if I only put in a single entry-order for a stock? I was really weirded out by this & closed the whole thing down soon afterwards because I couldn't really make sense of what was going on. You can see the trade-book as well, so I don't know why the order-book was showing up the way it was. Was it because the order was only partially executed? But even then I'm not sure if this should happen at all.

my photo upload

Snake.Head

Does this make any sense? How can a single OCO Limit entry-order open up multiple SL's & TP's in the ORDER-BOOK? :confused: Sure, you could have multiple executions for a single entry-order but isn't that supposed to considered as a SINGLE order anyway since the trader only put a single entry-order? Will this mean I'll be paying brokerage separately for each executed order even if I only put in a single entry-order for a stock? I was really weirded out by this & closed the whole thing down soon afterwards because I couldn't really make sense of what was going on. You can see the trade-book as well, so I don't know why the order-book was showing up the way it was. Was it because the order was only partially executed? But even then I'm not sure if this should happen at all.

my photo upload
This some serious issue
RKSV kindly clear doubts + you have missed answer question regarding SLM order policy change

iTrade

Hey NJ23,

Within June, python docs will be out. What version of Python do you use by the way? 2 or 3?
Hi RKSV Team - As we see, traders run into issue with UpStox on case by case basis. With your new programmatic api offering, I have some questions
1. Is this beta or final launch of programmatic API?
2. If this is final api release, then will you reimburse for trader's losses who use API and lose money due to any bugs/issues with your API?
3. If this is beta, when is the final release coming?

Thanks.

Hi RKSV Team - As we see, traders run into issue with UpStox on case by case basis. With your new programmatic api offering, I have some questions
1. Is this beta or final launch of programmatic API?
2. If this is final api release, then will you reimburse for trader's losses who use API and lose money due to any bugs/issues with your API?
3. If this is beta, when is the final release coming?

Thanks.
Hey gansal,

Thanks for asking those Q's. We're pushing the software out on a discount for the next few months but it's not in beta.

In terms of losses arising from API - it's a case to case basis like all of our software.

We'll be pushing out more API connectors for different languages in the near future.