Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

How to check this ?;)

I have heard NSE publishes broker settlement and reputation status online....is it true ? any link ?

Does exchange give grace period to defaulted brokers ?

In case of Broker defaults , how to apply for investor protection fund ?
Hey megapixel,

Will check on the above queries with our team and let you know.

Hi rksv,

in your nest trader:-

"limit"
"market"
"sl"
"sl-m"

these four types of order available. And when is square off time in your nest trader...!!!

Pls reply

thanks
Yep.

Limit - place an order with a specified price and quantity.
Market - place an order with quantity and take market price
SL - Stop Loss Limit
SL-M - Stop Loss Market

Intraday orders (orders placed with code MIS) are squared off at 3:15 PM (Cash / F&O), 4:45 PM (Currency), 11:00 PM (MCX)

I must appreciate the support and call n trade staff over at RKSV.

Points raised by me, are not easy to contend with, took a couple of days and a few emails. Research from both sides but they managed to sort everything out.

Looking forward to working with RKSV.

As usual a question:

Why is there a policy of no mobile no.s to be given out? Waiting on the landline provides a bit of an irritation.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Points raised by me, are not easy to contend with, took a couple of days and a few emails. Research from both sides but they managed to sort everything out.

As usual a question:

Why is there a policy of no mobile no.s to be given out? Waiting on the landline provides a bit of an irritation.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Thanks for your kind comments. Reason why we don't give out mobile #'s are:

1) Dealers handle hundreds of clients a month. Giving out their mobile # to everyone is not feasible.
2) If they change their mobile #'s or are out on holiday, not easy to notify their clients
3) Usually they're on silent or switched off on the trading floor since they're busy handling calls. Unless it's a personal emergency, they usually don't answer mobile calls.
4) Respect their privacy :). They have a job that requires a lot of focus and precision. We don't want clients calling them after hours when it's their personal time
5) Our call system is designed to direct the call to the first available agent. If we detect long hold times over time, it becomes easy for us to scale up and continue maintaining our response times.

saakk

hi,
Is "cover order" option activated wit RKSV??

How to check this ?;)

I have heard NSE publishes broker settlement and reputation status online....is it true ? any link ?

Does exchange give grace period to defaulted brokers ?

In case of Broker defaults , how to apply for investor protection fund ?
Got some info for you.

There is no such thing as a reputation meter for the NSE. There is a list of expelled /defaulted members: http://www.nseindia.com/invest/content/defaulter_expld_memb.htm

Not sure about grace period for defaulted brokers. This doesn't happen very often so it might be on a case-by-case basis.

On IPF:

http://www.nseindia.com/invest/content/about_arbitration.htm

Filing an offline complaint: http://www.nseindia.com/invest/content/reg_complaint_offline.htm

Filing an online complaint: http://www.nseindia.com/invest/content/register_ecomplaint.htm

Hope that helps

As usual a question:

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
While I made the above post a couple of days back, I had assumed that everything is in order now and no untoward action/problem will occur.

Today your staff has closed half my positions calling it a RMS action. While the actual margin after calculation till last night as per NEST was way under control with spare of 40-50k.

I have called and the person on the line is trying to convince me they are in the right. I had confirmed, re-confirmed and re-confirmed again with the representative on the day that I thanked your staff about margin requirement, margin suitability etc etc.

More than this, my margin has magically transformed to three times utilized till last night(as per Nest) and my calculations.

Worst, when I ask to speak to someone senior so that they atleast correct the problem for now so I may be able to retake or close positions as required they are busy on the other line. Have not been able to answer for the past half hour.
Oh not to mention, I have no idea at which price-point they have squared positions etc.

These are just test trades for me, (approx 5 Kg, GOLD hedged i.e. 10 GOLD). Had I been higher up the totem pole to usual sizes I would be hardpressed today morning.

Disappointing and infuriating.

Just to add: The net positions tab shows all my positions intact, only when I go to Surveillance do I see the cut positions.

While I made the above post a couple of days back, I had assumed that everything is in order now and no untoward action/problem will occur.

Today your staff has closed half my positions calling it a RMS action. While the actual margin after calculation till last night as per NEST was way under control with spare of 40-50k.

I have called and the person on the line is trying to convince me they are in the right. I had confirmed, re-confirmed and re-confirmed again with the representative on the day that I thanked your staff about margin requirement, margin suitability etc etc.

More than this, my margin has magically transformed to three times utilized till last night(as per Nest) and my calculations.

Worst, when I ask to speak to someone senior so that they atleast correct the problem for now so I may be able to retake or close positions as required they are busy on the other line. Have not been able to answer for the past half hour.
Oh not to mention, I have no idea at which price-point they have squared positions etc.

These are just test trades for me, (approx 5 Kg, GOLD hedged i.e. 10 GOLD). Had I been higher up the totem pole to usual sizes I would be hardpressed today morning.

Disappointing and infuriating.

Just to add: The net positions tab shows all my positions intact, only when I go to Surveillance do I see the cut positions.
Hi Sir,

Just got your case with the RMS team and the seniors. Our reps had tried to call you three times today in your registered #'s before squaring off. A senior rep will call you and explain the situation. In short, it has to do with margin benefits applied in spread positions.

Hi Sir,

Just got your case with the RMS team and the seniors. Our reps had tried to call you three times today in your registered #'s before squaring off. A senior rep will call you and explain the situation. In short, it has to do with margin benefits applied in spread positions.

That is exactly my point, I only created the positions after confirmation from your end about the benefit and that it will be applied to the account in real time(I wouldn't be able to create them otherwise). Also note, NEST showed(after all positions taken) a +ve balance of 70k+ last night, MTM would have lead to a decrease in this figure and nothing else. The margin was/is sufficient.

Please note just because you call me and I don't answer because of any reason doesn't mean that a trader sitting at your desk should cut positions without taking anything into account such as , Spread benefit, which is/has/had been confirmed and reconfirmed with seniors and applied to my account. I only increased position sizes after confirmation. Teething problems were over as per my confirmations received. I am only thankful that the Qty was not scaled upto 100x as I had planned on doing as soon as these these problems were sorted.

I hope that your company will recompense/re-instate the positions.

Time from call: 1.5 Hours at the moment.

Regards

PS: Kindly inform the members and me whether there is a dealing desk at RKSV i.e. do you take positions in the market with proprietary funds.

PSS: Also, whether RKSV provides STP or do the orders get routed through an in-house system.