Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRAY27

Xray Ji

Does Market profile work only for Indices ?

Does it work for Stock and Stock futures too effectively ?
Amit ji

yes !!! it will work in any active stock ...just updating nifty for explaining what i'm saying !!!

XRAY27

wisp

Bro, the values on 5tf chart and 30 tf chart are different although we are using daily profile, Since we are using previous days lines, which would be more accurate?

5min

30 min

XRAY27

Bro, the values on 5tf chart and 30 tf chart are different although we are using daily profile, Since we are using previous days lines, which would be more accurate?

5min

30 min
According to rajendran who modified this afl, there is a issue with Amibroker regarding to lower time frame ,so stick to 30 min and use that in 3/5/15 mins ! or we need assistance of amibroker experts in the forum !! happysingh or amit has to look into this ..

another option is to go to ninja trader or market delta software...

Last edited:

XRAY27

One concept of Market Profile which is i use most is differentiating ,balanced market, and one that is imbalanced. Balance simply means an equal amount of buyers and sellers around a particular price area. That also means what? A range-bound market. I also learned that the more time price spends at a particular level, the more significant that level is. Usually you will find the “point of control” or price level where the most time was spent. When price moves away from this area, and happens to revisit it, this area becomes a very important potential turning point. So I can adjust my expectations appropriately and better anticipate the market.

Last edited:

XRAY27

The market profile is constructed on Basis of "TIME" which is vital for intraday player and also for 2 to 4 days swing traders ,but for positional trader it is not much of use as "TIME" limitation is not a major factor to them.

Just studying price and getting exposed to over night risk basing only on that is not a good idea so we study volume why ?? to locate areas of big volume players so that exposer risk can be reduced

---------------------------------------------------------------------What is volume profile-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Volume Profile is similar to a Market Profile in as much as they both show a profile (a bell curve) against the Y-axis of the chart to represent the most traded area(s) of the time period that they have been constructed against.

The major difference, a significant one, is that a Volume Profile is constructed using the volume traded at each price while Market Profile is constructed based on time brackets traded that the market traded at each price called TPOs.

Volume Point of Control

The most traded price (the one with most volume) is defined as VPOC, or Volume Point of Control.And High volume node and Low volume node are more important in this

Last edited:

XRAY27

Amibroker provides volume profile will be called as volume at multi

we can use same afl (one which being used for price profile) ,just by changing from price profile to volume profile

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.