Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish9300

Continuous data levels are working well.

NF weekly profile 5min chart
In the morning levels were 8646 8622 8598.
Now they have shifted to 8643 8622 8601.
Any1 else getting previous week levels changing like this?

edit : My mistake.Difference was due to changed timefames.Morning levels were on 30 min timeframe.Afternoon levels were on 5 min timeframes.

Last edited:

XRAY27

IB= first 60 min range.

"2. Depending on open with gap out side va's failed auction is a possibility or open drive which only depends on first 30 min candle"[quote/]

Bold part is creating some confusion.

Just read all the post/s from start, you will understand the concept...!!! what is IB ,80% rule ...along with this

anyways just go through this image

Last edited:

manish9300

IB= first 60 min range.

Just read all the post/s from start, you will understand the concept...!!! what is IB ,80% rule ...along with this

anyways just go through this image

I have read the whole thread last weekend and taken notes.More rereading are necessary.Is it right to say that failed auction is modified by you as it doesnt seem to depend on IB range(but on open , previous day VA and first 30 min close).According to marketcalls website failed auction is IB breakout and breakout not sustaining for 30min and then break of the opposite extreme of IB.Setup presented by you is more like gap rules of pivot trading with high low replaced by vah val and instead of 5min using 30 min
time bracket for trade tigger.
so pattern definition as per what i understand is given below.Please do correct if there is any mistake in understanding.

1.Failed auction.
Open outside VA,First 30min close outside VA,Break of first 30 min bar towards VA.

2.Open drive.
Open outside VA,First 30min close outside VA,Break of first 30 min bar away from VA.

3.80% rule
Open inside VA,First 2 30min close inside VA,Filling of all of VA range is expected.

Vipul_84

From 29 August
VAH 8623
POC 8606
VAL 8589

Today's open is outside yesterday's VA range and first 30 min candle closed away from VA.

IB: 8683 - 8714

More possibility of open drive as of now. It may break down to fill up the GAP as well. In that case VPOC at 8606

XRAY27

I have read the whole thread last weekend and taken notes.More rereading are necessary.Is it right to say that failed auction is modified by you as it doesnt seem to depend on IB range(but on open , previous day VA and first 30 min close).According to marketcalls website failed auction is IB breakout and breakout not sustaining for 30min and then break of the opposite extreme of IB.Setup presented by you is more like gap rules of pivot trading with high low replaced by vah val and instead of 5min using 30 min
time bracket for trade tigger.
so pattern definition as per what i understand is given below.Please do correct if there is any mistake in understanding.

1.Failed auction.
Open outside VA,First 30min close outside VA,Break of first 30 min bar towards VA.

2.Open drive.
Open outside VA,First 30min close outside VA,Break of first 30 min bar away from VA.

3.80% rule
Open inside VA,First 2 30min close inside VA,Filling of all of VA range is expected.
First of all market calls website just copied some extracts ,go through Dalton stuff in full and IB role is only for 80 % rule in case of open with in the va's...failed auction should be read along with open type then you can draw the conclusion !!! nothing is modified !!! it is just my understanding !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.