VPS Share - Good broker... Better plans... Best pricing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rocky,

I opened both equity and commodity account with VPS and till date I only traded in commodities with them.

Installing ODIN is extremely cumbersome process. ODIN itself is an ancient platform. After installing a bunch of setups then the executive from VPS has done several registry editings and so on. Also ODIN can't be installed on any other drive other than C:

ODIN is not a good platform for trade, this is my personal opinion. For example there are no modify or cancel button available in ODIN. To modify/cancel you have to right click on the order from the order book and then select modify/cancel from the menu, this is irritating.

Charting is horrible to say atleast. This is not only with VPS but with ODIN itself.

Personally I would prefer Nest over ODIN.

Do let me know if you have any other queries.
Thanks soft trader for your humble reply. ODIN has been done away with by many brokers and the basic reason behind that is what you have mentioned about its performance. I believe if VPS adopt NEST then it will be better as they are providing both Equity & Commodity and that too with quite affordable good plans. Integrated platform for all segments in the form of NEST will be a great boon.

For commodities I am still stuck with Sharekhan as RKSV have launched their unlimited plan in commodities but it doesn't seem to be very lucrative in comparison to VPS. With Rs. 25 per order also it seems on the higher side.

a1b1trader

Will some one from VPS / friends, please let me know, about the plans for trading in e-commodities like eGold, eSilver, eCopper at NSEL, so that I may think of opening an account for all the segments in a go.

I send them an email but received no reply.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Friends....

Two more good news from VPS.

Now VPS giving two times (50% of NSE margin) intraday leverage in Currency Segment (as softy posted already).

Previously there is no intraday leverage in currency segment in VPS.

After this change in margin policy they are the best broker in currency segment with Lowest monthly brokerage ( Rs: 799 per month) and with best intraday leverage in currency segment (50% of the exchange margin).

For me this intraday margin issue in currency segment was a big hurdle to trade with VPS. But now I am happy.

Now I would recommend anybody to trade in Currency Segment at VPS wholeheartedly.

The second good news is

Case 1:

Now you can place both stop loss and profit taking orders (separate orders) without extra margin requirement.

For example If you bought 50 lots (50,000 qty) USDINR @ 58.5500.

Then you can place a profit taking order 50 lots @ 58.6500......... and also a stop loss order 50 lots @ 58.5000 without extra margin requirement.

Case 2:

Now you can place stop loss of 100 lots (100,000 qty.....double of buy qty) @ 58.5000 without extra margin requirement.

By using this we are stopped out from the previous long trade and initiating a new short entry at the stop loss level with the same order.

This is useful If I gone long when previous leg's high breakout in double tops.
If it is a false breakout I will reverse my position in the stop loss level (long to short by using double qty stop loss).

The second situation is If I gone long in the second leg's low in the double bottom pattern. I will reverse my position at the stop loss level when the double bottom broken downwards with the same stop loss order instead of placing two orders for stop loss and new short entry.

or

You can place a profit taking order for 100 lots (100,000 qty.....double of buy qty) 58.6500 without extra margin requirement.

By using this we are booking profits and entering into a new short trade with the same order.

Happy trading...
Qreous.

Hi Friends....

Now VPS giving two times (50% of NSE margin) intraday leverage in Currency Segment (as softy posted already).

Previously there is no intraday leverage in currency segment in VPS.

After this change in margin policy they are the best broker in currency segment with Lowest monthly brokerage ( Rs: 799 per month) and with best intraday leverage in currency segment (50% of the exchange margin).

For me this intraday margin issue in currency segment was a big hurdle to trade with VPS. But now I am happy.

Now I would recommend anybody to trade in Currency Segment at VPS wholeheartedly.

The second good news is

Case 1:

Now you can place both stop loss and profit taking orders (separate orders) without extra margin requirement.

Then you can place a profit taking order 50 lots @ 58.6500......... and also a stop loss order 50 lots @ 58.5000 without extra margin requirement.

Case 2:

Now you can place stop loss of 100 lots (100,000 qty.....double of buy qty) @ 58.5000 without extra margin requirement.

By using this we are stopped out from the previous long trade and initiating a new short entry at the stop loss level with the same order.

This is useful If I gone long when previous leg's high breakout in double tops.
If it is a false breakout I will reverse my position in the stop loss level (long to short by using double qty stop loss).

The second situation is If I gone long in the second leg's low in the double bottom pattern. I will reverse my position at the stop loss level when the double bottom broken downwards with the same stop loss order instead of placing two orders for stop loss and new short entry.

or

You can place a profit taking order for 100 lots (100,000 qty.....double of buy qty) 58.6500 without extra margin requirement.

By using this we are booking profits and entering into a new short trade with the same order.

Happy trading...
Qreous.

This is indeed good news . Thanks for sharing this with us Qreous. :clapping:

Will some one from VPS / friends, please let me know, about the plans for trading in e-commodities like eGold, eSilver, eCopper at NSEL, so that I may think of opening an account for all the segments in a go.

I send them an email but received no reply.

Thanks
As per the info on their website it seems that NSEL is not covered in the three Hybrid plans. Smart plan is solely for Equity & Currency and the rest two plans cover Commodities [MCX] , nowhere mentioning about NSEL.

Hi Friends....

The second good news is

Happy trading...
Qreous.
Hi Qreous,

Is this applicable to Currency segment only or with EQ , F&O segment as well ?

Thanks.

Hi Rocky,

This facility is applicable for NSE Currency Segment and F&O segment.
But not applicable for Equity Segment (Cash).

Happy trading...
Qreous.
After one order gets executed then we will have to manually cancel the other order as you have mentioned that all these orders will be separate orders isn't it ?

Tnx.

After one order gets executed then we will have to manually cancel the other order as you have mentioned that all these orders will be separate orders isn't it ?

Tnx.
Hi traderite,

Yes..........We have to cancel the remaining pending order after completion of our trade.

I was had a bad experience because of not being careful in cancelling other order. I had done one trade successfully after profit taking order gets executed.

The pending stop loss(new short) order got executed after some time.
Then I was in hope mode that market will make my typo trade as a winning trade and I ended that trade in a big loss.
Lesson I learned in that trade was we should not allow typo trades longer.
We should close those trades immediately.

Happy to trade...
Qreous.

Status
Not open for further replies.