Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

VJAY

My chart showing bars from 10.45 only....so where gone 9-15 to 10.30 bars?users of PI please share if any adjustment needed to see those bars......

Raghuveer

@Zerodha: is below correct ?? Also please answer below questions.

As per my understanding of explanation given by Zerodha previously: For example if 10,000 trades take place in a given second, exchange does not transmit to brokers/vendors all 10,000 trades that happened. Less than 10,000 trades are transmitted, say 8 thousand (again for example). The 2 thousand trades not transmitted can contain trades at any price, usually within 1 or 2 points of high/low for that second/minute. This is a fundamental limitation of exchange, not of any Data table/Chart of any broker or datafeed vendor.

Can exchange transmit ALL data? Can brokers/data vendors forward ALL ticks to trading terminal/chart? Can retail traders like us handle ALL ticks (bandwidth and software problems etc)? Any one knows ??

A first step is for exchange to provide updated intraday 1min OHLC at eod.
A second step is to update intraday 1min OHLC at every 5min interval.
Eventually updated OHLC every 10 seconds or so.

Until then we should expect occasional entries/exits within 1 or 2 points of data shown in chart/table. Options get hit like this the most as they are the most volatile.

My knowledge is very limited, someone more knowledgeable is welcome to point out mistakes and give more info.

Hello Zerodha,

Take a look at the image below. Check out the high and low of the bar. The low is 295.30; so how come my order of 295.15 was executed ?? Either the charts aren't updating properly or data stream or order execution in anticipation of price movement ?? Either way, it is too disturbing.

The tooltip shows the data of the second last bar. I made sure to capture it after the bar was completed.

ram2010

WOW , you must be the only person here who doesn't have issues with NEST.

I guess everyone here having issues with NEST must have problem with their PC , because obviously Zerodha servers have no issues.

Anyways, just want to check. Is your broker Zerodha?

If you assume that, iam trading with zerodha,

its your stupidity.

Don't blame nest, for all your problems ,

check out with your broker first.

If you assume that, iam trading with zerodha,

its your stupidity.

Don't blame nest, for all your problems ,

check out with your broker first.
FYI there is no problem with Zerodha. It is a problem with NEST. Read my previous post on the issue.

Guess u no idea about NEST issues. Wonder if you really use NEST or something else.

Also i never assumed anything. I asked u a question. Learn to read properly before calling others stupid.

Hello Zerodha,

Take a look at the image below. Check out the high and low of the bar. The low is 295.30; so how come my order of 295.15 was executed ?? Either the charts aren't updating properly or data stream or order execution in anticipation of price movement ?? Either way, it is too disturbing.

The tooltip shows the data of the second last bar. I made sure to capture it after the bar was completed.
Has happened to me before.... A trigger that was nearly 15 paise away from the candle's current price was previously triggered and filled... Infact it has happened to me more than couple of times... And not to mention 15 paise in Equity makes a Support and Resistance difference....

jyotixxx

Has happened to me before.... A trigger that was nearly 15 paise away from the candle's current price was previously triggered and filled... Infact it has happened to me more than couple of times... And not to mention 15 paise in Equity makes a Support and Resistance difference....
it keeps happenning!! more common with index future!! Reason- in a fraction of seconds therewere lots of ticks which is beyond the capabilities of these charting software. Download todays Bhabcopy.You may find that the value you are quoting was touched ( if it was not breached further later on today)

FYI there is no problem with Zerodha. It is a problem with NEST. Read my previous post on the issue.

Guess u no idea about NEST issues. Wonder if you really use NEST or something else.

Also i never assumed anything. I asked u a question. Learn to read properly before calling others stupid.
If Ram is trading on NEST with some other broker, isnt it important to think this over? What is the feedback of NEST users with other brokers. If NEST users with other brokers are facing similar issues, then its obviously problem with NEST. If other NEST users are not facing so many problems, then i believe we need to question Zerodha.

Even otherwise I have a feeling Zerodha is spreading itself thin with too many activities. Customer support, Call n Trade, Zerodha blogs such as qna, Q, Quant, Pi, crowd.in, pulse.zerodha. I am not sure if Zerodha has adequate capacity to manage all this. All these initiatives are commendable but in the end it should not become jack of all, master of none. At least the core concern of ensuring a stable trading environment first needs to be taken care of.