Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Thing is trade just one share.... You could do that, the best part about Indian market is we do not have a minimum trade limit....
Nope.. I am trading stock futures these days. Maybe index options during the expiry week. But I will be very much afraid to do live trading with a test software. At the same time, I wish this software well and would like to run it alongwith Nest during the live market.

No, not yet. Like I had said earlier, the data on the marketwatch is as good as NEST.

But the data you see on charts is still not clean as there is missing data, that has to be still fixed.
So, let me get this straight Zerodha.

you very well knew there are data issue right from the beginning and you expect us to trade with real money with Pi.

you knowingly put customers at risk and you are still doing it.

So now if a customers loses money trading on wrong data with Pi , will you absorb the losses?

What do you have to say about this?

sach007

Impatient Trader
So, let me get this straight Zerodha.

you very well knew there are data issue right from the beginning and you expect us to trade with real money with Pi.

you knowingly put customers at risk and you are still doing it.

So now if a customers loses money trading on wrong data with Pi , will you absorb the losses?

What do you have to say about this?
When they clearly told... with transparency that DATA ISSUES are there...

So one can just avoid trading on Pi....till it gets stable.... that is what I am doing...

thats it...

sach007

Impatient Trader
Now about new Version...

I Installed just now..

I am really happy with the Horizontal line moving...it was really annoying that line was not moving in previous version....

One more feature request for horizontal line that...

1. The line should show price....at right or left...(ZERODHA PLZ consider this feature in next release)

2. Plz consider "When we press END BUTTON we should come to END of the CHART.

3. When we click F1 or F2 on Chart it should BUY/SELL the SCRIP on CHART... (Presently it is taking SCRIP from MARKETWATCH)

Last edited:
When they clearly told... with transparency that DATA ISSUES are there...

So one can just avoid trading on Pi....till it gets stable.... that is what I am doing...

thats it...
Sure you can avoid trading , but then how will you test it then?

I can't trade and test Pi at the same time?

so what is the point in releasing Pi so early then?

and please let Zerodha reply on this.

sach007

Impatient Trader

As you SAID... "TEST" so it means there may some bugs.... and as it is under continuous development...

So anything which we TEST... of course it is not perfect...

What I feel they are working on it....

Of course they are taking a LOT of time in it.... and the excuses also.

But what one can do.. is just when we get new release.. try it for some time... like 1 -2 hours see how it functions...and then if it fits for our trading then we can trade on it...

And when we have our serious trades going on.. better to avoid it...

Of course ZERODHA... may give answer.

Plz don't take me in another way... I just kept my view.

Thanks

Zerodha

Zerodha, I would like a dummy to run Pi during the live market hours. I won't be trading in it till it gets seasoned, but even for testing the indicators etc. I would like a dummy run first. I am sure that you have some such ids, need not be any balance in there. I will paper trade initially.
No timepass, no dummy account as such..

Zerodha

Hey throwaway, don't know if I am explaining this correct or not.

Whatever data you see on the marketwatch is absolutely like NEST, probably it is a little better. If you are logged in, the data on your chart will match what you get on the marketwatch, so there is no question of wrong data.

What is not sorted is historical data, so if you login there might be a few candles missing from previous day or until you login for that day, which is because our data server is not in place yet. We have informed this to everyone. This should also be fixed very soon, but that doesn't require anything to be changed on the trading platform.

Hey throwaway, don't know if I am explaining this correct or not.

Whatever data you see on the marketwatch is absolutely like NEST, probably it is a little better. If you are logged in, the data on your chart will match what you get on the marketwatch, so there is no question of wrong data.

What is not sorted is historical data, so if you login there might be a few candles missing from previous day or until you login for that day, which is because our data server is not in place yet. We have informed this to everyone. This should also be fixed very soon, but that doesn't require anything to be changed on the trading platform.
Not sure if that is correct Zerodha. Many people are complaining about data issue during live markets on the charts.

May be its some issue with charting and not the trading terminal.

Either way data issue is a issue , be it historical or live. Until then it is very risk to trade on it.

Most S/R and indicators use historical data and traders use that for their decision making , so even if you do claim that there is no issue with live data.we still have a problem

My suggestion is please release Pi ONLY after data issues are completely fixed , even if it takes a few months.

Sure you are not the one risking live money with a test software , so you are risk free.

Zerodha

Not sure if that is correct Zerodha. Many people are complaining about data issue during live markets on the charts.

May be its some issue with charting and not the trading terminal.

Either way data issue is a issue , be it historical or live. Until then it is very risk to trade on it.

Most S/R and indicators use historical data and traders use that for their decision making , so even if you do claim that there is no issue with live data.we still have a problem

My suggestion is please release Pi ONLY after data issues are completely fixed , even if it takes a few months.

Sure you are not the one risking live money with a test software , so you are risk free.
There is no issue with live data, all that the people are pointing out to is historical data.