Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

rrrajguru

Zerodha,

You have to do something about "downloading symbols" for various exchanges. In the morning itself PI has downloaded and updated the database. It is taking almost 30 mins for me to complete the process.

Now again when i tried to login, in the first instance, it gave a message"Login failed-No liscence", in the second instance, it is again downloading all the symbols for various exchanges. Why it is doing so, i don't know. This is frustrating.

Suggestions:
1. Like nest, here also option should be there, whether one want to download symbols for various exchanges or not.
2. If at all it will automatically download, then it should check whether the previous database is uptodate or not.

Jai Mata Di

Meta Trader uses very less bandwidth because it updates incremental data in the database on our hard disk for every charts with time frames.
Unless we open a new script or new time frame there is no need to download fresh data again and again.
Such type of database saving & ONLY incremental data updating (with back filling) on our hard disk must be done, to make Pi faster like Meta Trader.

Happy Trading.

H.C.

Zerodha

Zerodha,

You have to do something about "downloading symbols" for various exchanges. In the morning itself PI has downloaded and updated the database. It is taking almost 30 mins for me to complete the process.

Now again when i tried to login, in the first instance, it gave a message"Login failed-No liscence", in the second instance, it is again downloading all the symbols for various exchanges. Why it is doing so, i don't know. This is frustrating.

Suggestions:
1. Like nest, here also option should be there, whether one want to download symbols for various exchanges or not.
2. If at all it will automatically download, then it should check whether the previous database is uptodate or not.

Yes, we will have that fixed, until then make sure to use quick login

yusi

Listing some issues with 1.0.3 that have not seen mentioned by others:

- Title bar: The update of time is causing it to flash irritatingly. Would prefer if there was an option not to show the time. In any case, the time was expected to be accurate server time, it happens to be my machine time as changing the machine data/time to any arbitrary value will tell you.

- Title bar: Standard windows max/restore/move cannot be done with double-click/drag. If you had to put a menu for that functionality, it was anyway there in the control box.

- Toolbar: What does one do by setting the toolbar drop-downs to NFO - Normal Market Open ? Or any combination available?

- File -> Find Symbol does not work (gives a not found message for any name). It used to, I think.

- Market Watch : Blank lines between symbols does not get saved with the workspace

- Market Watch : Inserting new symbols next to the selected symbol was working in the last version. Does not anymore. Will not get into null / multi-selection or navigation.

- Market Watch : The newly added Net Change is neither consistent in column name capitalization, or decimal alignment with the rest of the value columns.

In general, the use of inconsistent case and short forms is getting more noticeable. What happens if the next change is made by an e e cummings fan?
* Total ask qty, Lot quantity
* Issue start Date, Expiry date
* Bse LTP Valuation, BSE LTP Valuation
* Snap Quote, SnapQuote

- Scrip Properties : Could not find Tick size mentioned

- Stock Holding : Fonts are in green; all my holdings are not :)

- Graphs: Number of bars... hmm, not dates.

- Graphs: For MCX, volume is in different units than in the market watch (lots / units). Will it stay that way, as in Nest?

Need to ask...

- What the name of the product: Pi or Pi Trader or Pi Platform, as can be seen in different places ?

- The current release changes the executable to Pi.exe with copyright to TradeLab. All this while the impression was that it was copyright Zerodha, and TradeLab was the developer.

Zerodha, is it possible to get 2015 holidays list ? The railway reservations need to be done 60 calendar days in advance. Can I get the holiday list at least for Jan+Feb ??
TP rupiya banawing and going on holidays ??Good, all traders must take few vacations every year.

Smart_trade