Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

I agree that there have been some technical issues over the last one month. But I am sure they are taking concrete steps to prevent this from happening again. There have been some trolls like throwawayacc123, market oracle, etc.. who have only vitiated the thread by making personal attacks and being highly repetitive. My suggestion to these competing brokerages with pseudo Ids would be to come up with innovative ideas and provide better value than zerodha to win customers. I can mention atleast 5 innovative things that zerodha has come up with which are helping my trading like 60 day challenge, varsity, quant, etc.. Can you mention at least a couple from your brokerage?
over last one month ? really !!! hv been facing these issue atleast since october.. gimme on one hand a consistent trading platform with simple charting tools and on the other 60 day challange, varsity..quant etc etc with a poor trading platform..guess which one will i choose ?

I agree that there have been some technical issues over the last one month. But I am sure they are taking concrete steps to prevent this from happening again. There have been some trolls like throwawayacc123, market oracle, etc.. who have only vitiated the thread by making personal attacks and being highly repetitive. My suggestion to these competing brokerages with pseudo Ids would be to come up with innovative ideas and provide better value than zerodha to win customers. I can mention atleast 5 innovative things that zerodha has come up with which are helping my trading like 60 day challenge, varsity, quant, etc.. Can you mention at least a couple from your brokerage?
I shouldn't even dignify your post with a reply but I feel obligated to point something out to you, which is in your face, but you refuse to see it..

Let me put this entire situation into context..

There's a new automotive company which is catering to budget cars category.. They provide a car which is aesthetically very pleasing.. The interiors match up to to industry standards..

Their USPs are the following:
1. Auto drive mode (algo trading)
2. They will cover my fuel expense if I manage to reach my destination on time every single day ( innovation of 60 day challenge)
3. They have an online website where they educate drivers of all the technicalities of the car (z connect, varsity and trading qna)
4. They have a HUGE cost advantage (pioneering 20 per order model)

What if in the due course, you find the following problems:
1. The gearbox not working (charts)
2. The breaks not working from time to time. In fact, it was observed that when you press the break, you end up accelerating (everyone knows what I am referring to here)
3. They don't have service centers where I can get my car checked and speak to the mechanics (customer care not being reachable)

Are you saying that I shouldn't complain and voice my opinion in this situation? Are you saying that just because they provided me USPs 1, 2 and 3, I should not be worried about the the problems listed above?

I hope I have summarized this debate with an appropriate example.. I am stating again, I respect z for what they have achieved.. But I'm going to complain if my BASIC expectations are not met.. Neither you nor anybody else can deny me that right as long as I am paying for the service..

So grow up and stop calling me, or anybody else for that matter, an agent of another broker just because I'm raising concerns about z's service..

I shouldn't even dignify your post with a reply but I feel obligated to point something out to you, which is in your face, but you refuse to see it..

Let me put this entire situation into context..

There's a new automotive company which is catering to budget cars category.. They provide a car which is aesthetically very pleasing.. The interiors match up to to industry standards..

Their USPs are the following:
1. Auto drive mode (algo trading)
2. They will cover my fuel expense if I manage to reach my destination on time every single day ( innovation of 60 day challenge)
3. They have an online website where they educate drivers of all the technicalities of the car (z connect, varsity and trading qna)
4. They have a HUGE cost advantage (pioneering 20 per order model)

2. The breaks not working from time to time. In fact, it was observed that when you press the break, you end up accelerating (everyone knows what I am referring to here)
3. They don't have service centers where I can get my car checked and speak to the mechanics (customer care not being reachable)

Are you saying that I shouldn't complain and voice my opinion in this situation? Are you saying that just because they provided me USPs 1, 2 and 3, I should not be worried about the the problems listed above?

I hope I have summarized this debate with an appropriate example.. I am stating again, I respect z for what they have achieved.. But I'm going to complain if my BASIC expectations are not met.. Neither you nor anybody else can deny me that right as long as I am paying for the service..

So grow up and stop calling me, or anybody else for that matter, an agent of another broker just because I'm raising concerns about z's service..
Don't bother defending such comments. These are id's created by Zerodha to malign the customers here who speak about the issues.

Lol , he doesn't even know the meaning of trolling. We the customers here have to come to troll zerodha. Amazes me.

Never knew Z would sink so low...

After throwawayacc mentioned, I just checked your posts.. All the posts that you have made from 12 January, 2012,have been on zerodha part 3, zerodha part 2 and zerodha..

I can accuse you of being a zerodha agent but I am going to stop myself from stooping down to your level.. I'm not judging and neither am I going to sling mud at you.. But introspect before you point fingers at others..

TracerBullet

This exactly. Stable Ordering above all and then basic charting should be priority. All extra fluff of AI/automated trading etc etc should be after. Charting on Nest is almost useless anyway though.

Question - Did NOW suffer through zerodha's problems in last few months ? Also Can we use BSE stocks on it ? If post server migration/upgrade situation does not improve (seems fine for now), i might try it instead.

Brill

I'm a user of Zerodha for past few years and i'm mostly satisfied with them. Inspite of minor grievances, i have saved many lakhs in brokerage after moving to Zerodha from my previous broker.

BTW i still use NOW and i still make money :)
Nice to hear that you belong the select few who makes money consistently. :thumb:

Is there any intraday chart that comes with NOW by default?
Which chart you follow. Which style of trading you do?

I am slowly learning day trading equities. The default chart that was there in ZT (shift+c) was nice, but discontinued for unknown reasons. So the above questions...Thanks.

Every other discount broker is doing this.

What makes zerodha any different?

Answer : Nothing. They are just your typical discount broker now.

I don't understand why you people think they are doing something that has never been done before.

They have been around for the last 4 years. They could have introduced Pi or whatever early. The reason they are doing now is because every other discount broker is doing the same. They just don't advertise it. e.g. Look into RKSV and many other discount brokers. They all are coming up with their own trading platforms.

Like i said its a competition and they need to to survive. But Zerodha's new offering Pi is abysmal so far and i don't see any reason for its improvement because again its not in their control. It will be the same story as it going on with NEST.

It all talk so far no real substance.

I have yet to see a stable trading platform from Zerodha forget everything else, other discount brokers at least have got a stable trading platform.

See the reality , don't go by promises and hopes and if people think that this is pulling them down then that's just delusional and living in denial and make no mistake, these very people defending zerodha here as though they are some kind of heroes will be the first ones to complain and ***** about Pi or whatever. :lol:
Zerodha has been the first innovation to help traders in brokerage industry. They are the best in terms of cost and prompt customer supports. Pi platform is taking time because a lot of hard work is being put in to make it much better than Sharekhan's terminal. It wiill obviously take time.Zerodha is commited to give full benefit to clients. Be patient. Cheers..

Best thing currently is let zerodha release Pi. Let some people use it (who are zerodha fans). Lets wait for all early problems in Pi sorted out in a month or two.(I am sure there will be). Then take a call whether you want to use it or continue with other brokers. No point judging them now
You are right. Zerodha is working on all problems in Pi and back office. Just wait for a few more days and see.. It will be a much better experience. Cheers..