Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcus

arcus,

As I mentioned before, that is your style of trading, so you are an active trader for us. I am talking about those guys who are trading 10 times a day stop suddenly as soon as they see profits and start trading in mother father brother sister etc account and other such things which is not in the right spirit.
I see. I understand what you mean.

Jai Mata Di

arcus,

As I mentioned before, that is your style of trading, so you are an active trader for us. I am talking about those guys who are trading 10 times a day stop suddenly as soon as they see profits and start trading in mother father brother sister etc account and other such things which is not in the right spirit.
Otherwise,
" 12% are women, but % of women traders winning to trading is almost 45% , much higher than the men who are at around 10 to 12% ".
was not possible. :D
If anyone is saying that women are 45% more efficient money manager & better trader than men. Very few man will believe it. We have women in our home. :D :rofl: :annoyed: :D

Jai Mata Di

Now the things are becoming too complicated. :confused:
Is that, we can't change our trading style from day trading to positional swing trading and vice versa according to our will?
If we are not a professional trader, we might take a break after 20/30 days after seeing enough profit. We can't stop trading to protect our profit during challenge? :annoyed:
It is easy to find father, mother, brother, sister using Home Address / Surname etc. As you have said they are only 1 or 2% of 300 winner. It is easy to identify just 6 to 10 such people and ban them who have multiple a/c, rather change in rule. As the winners are very few there should be no problem to finding them.

Last edited:
Firstly Veera,

There is no change on whatever we have just concluded till date and what is announced is for future.

There is 1 to 2% of winners who seem to have been spoilsport about this whole thing and we have to do something about this before someone else starts doing this.

We have people who have taken as low as 4 trades in the challenge and we have no issue with it. The issue is where someone is trying to manipulate and not looking at it in the right spirit.

When we say actively trading, we mean actively trading to his nature of trading. He is a positional guy who takes 1 trade a week, there is no issue with it at all. And as I said, 98% of the winners have played it right and it is just the 1-2 %, who made us put up this condition.

Zerodha,

Why should people taking 4 trades in 60 days bother you? They would anyways not have generated enough brokerage for you to refund. If they switch accounts also, the total brokerage to be refunded would have been same, isn't it? And it can also happen that when they switch accounts, they would have lost from other accounts, earning brokerage for you.

BTW, my 60 day challenge ended on 1st July, which a 3 weeks ago. By when should we expect the refund of brokerage?

P.S: I have been an "active trader", trading on all the 60 days;)

Zerodha

Now the things are becoming too complicated. :confused:
Is that, we can't change our trading style from day trading to positional swing trading and vice versa according to our will?
If we are not a professional trader, we might take a break after 20/30 days after seeing enough profit. We can't stop trading to protect our profit during challenge? :annoyed:
It is easy to find father, mother, brother, sister using Home Address / Surname etc. As you have said they are only 1 or 2% of 300 winner. It is easy to identify just 6 to 10 such people and ban them who have multiple a/c, rather change in rule. As the winners are very few there should be no problem to finding them.
That is the whole point, we need a reason to tell that they are not winners, those 6 to 10 people only and hence the condition..

Nothing changes for everyone else, trade anyway u want, won't matter..

@rythm, if you have received the certificate, I guess refund will be tomorrow or day after max..

@Zerodha,

So essentially he traded 1 lot of Nifty futures, correct or missing something?

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna
Bet size is the maximum bet he takes for one trade, not the maximum loss.

So if he has 1lk he won't take a position bigger than 25k on a trade.

http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/category/winners is the section where we will keep profiling, we have a lot of different kind of traders who are winning..

Trader J

Zerodha,

Why should people taking 4 trades in 60 days bother you? They would anyways not have generated enough brokerage for you to refund. If they switch accounts also, the total brokerage to be refunded would have been same, isn't it? And
They are doing cheating those people shifting account after gaining profit or loosing money.....the challenge is for 60 days not for few days....its mean you dont have to do few days trading and than get back the brokerage....and also if your account in lost after few days trading,you should not shift your trading in another account.

I completely agree with Zerodha, and also thanks for further 60 Days challenge, it would definitely create more Trader in Market.

arcus

On furthur calculating, with a limit of having bet size equal to or less than 25%, its not possible to generate 400% on the trading capital.

Even going by what he said i.e. 700 points on the Nifty for each month (compounded monthly), the most he could make with a 25% risk limit is 146%.
Its impossible to make over 400% in the three month period while risking 25% or less which gives rise to one of the following conclusions.

1) His trading capital and the amount he kept with the broker are different amounts. While the amount he kept with the broker generated 400%, his own trading capital generated around 140-150%.

(or)

2) He was able to capture not only the intermediate swing move but also the intraday swings along with the intermediate swing, i.e. 1420 points on the Nifty for each month compounded monthly. This seems a bit implausible.

(or)

3) He wasn't telling the truth when he said he risked only 25% per trade. i.e. He risked more than 25% per trade.

- arcus

Anyway, I got my answer. As I suspected, Pawan had only kept 25% of his trading capital with Zerodha. So it turns out option # 1 was correct.

Here is his quote

"I have kept only 25% of the money in the trading account, Rest was not used at all, It was lying in my Overdraft Home Loan account. And Zerodha off course calculated on the money which I kept with them. Let me explain.. Lets say ... I have total capital of 4 lac and I kept 25% of it (1 Lac) in Trading account. And grown it to 5 Lac in 3 months (60 Trading days).

So From Zerodha perspective its 400% return because they will calculate on what I kept with them, but if I see from my perspective its gain of 4 lac on my initial 4 Lac rupees, which is 100% Return. Sorry for the Confusion.

I hope this clarification will help and people will not be so excited about it."

Seems fair enough now.
Regards,
arcus

From where you got this update? I checked Zerodha site, not able to locate. Any other link etc...

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

Anyway, I got my answer. As I suspected, Pawan had only kept 25% of his trading capital with Zerodha. So it turns out option # 1 was correct.

Here is his quote

"I have kept only 25% of the money in the trading account, Rest was not used at all, It was lying in my Overdraft Home Loan account. And Zerodha off course calculated on the money which I kept with them. Let me explain.. Lets say ... I have total capital of 4 lac and I kept 25% of it (1 Lac) in Trading account. And grown it to 5 Lac in 3 months (60 Trading days).

So From Zerodha perspective its 400% return because they will calculate on what I kept with them, but if I see from my perspective its gain of 4 lac on my initial 4 Lac rupees, which is 100% Return. Sorry for the Confusion.

I hope this clarification will help and people will not be so excited about it."

Seems fair enough now.
Regards,
arcus

Status
Not open for further replies.