Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea to have 60 days challenge running all throuout the year.Active trading account has to clearly defined inorder to avoid issues later on. The challenge keeps the competition spirit alive and motivates us to do better.

Smart_trade

To zerodha,
Please club First and second 60 days challenge, for active traders.This means evaluating performance over 120 days.
The conditions announced initially cannot be changed now after completion of first 60 days challenge.

60 days or 3 months is a good enough period.

ST

Jai Mata Di

You previously told 300 out of 2000 participants was ended positive (breakeven after brokerage and charges). But now what is the number of winners (300) after applying this filter (active trading).
Very good question. Your answer lies in the previous comments here. :rofl:

------------------------

12% are women, but % of women traders winning to trading is almost 45% , much higher than the men who are at around 10 to 12%
Is this true...or is it that people open account in their wife's/mom's name?
Trading is like a skill like in a sport, for every 1000 cricketers probably 1 make it to a division 1 team, 1 in 10000 makes into a state team(this is where he might see some money) and 1 in lk cricketers into a national team.
"An update on the challenge is to keep it as a continuous feature at Zerodha, we will declare only those traders as winners who have been trading actively throughout the challenge. We will also not consider clients who have stopped trading after making small profits or any other such attempts. ".
It actually becomes pretty obvious, people who stop and trade on a different account and etc. Actively trading according to that particular person's trading style..
---------------------
Anyway the decision is good. Those who stopped trading after making small profits not deserve for any Certificate. And for a constantly profitable trader, money is the best Certificate. :lol:
I am just wondering! How many successful trader's wife's/mom's/brother's/sister's got certificate? :eek:

Last edited:
OK.

Those who are participating currently or starting the 60 day challenge now should also expect that they may introduce a new criteria like below after the completion of the challenge.
And you should not ask any question........

1). Those who ended each and every day in positive in this 60 days trading period only declared as winner.
or
2). One should trade in all 60 days of challenge period.
or
3). One should be traded at least one trade in each month (at least one trade for each 20 trading days).
or
4). Once you started the challenge you should not take rest for more than 1 month.
or
5). One should have at least 3 years of trading experience to be declared as winner.
or
6). One should have at least 1 L in trading account. And ended positive in the previous challenge also (to remove the luck factor from results).
or
7). One should end each month in positive ( each 20 trading days).

8). And all of the above applicable for brokerage refund also.

Btw.....I am not against Zerodha....
But annoyed by their Post Challenge rules and undefined criteria like Active trading, Aggressive trading, Professional trading, Disciplined trading, Trading for living etc.....
You do not have a reason to be annoyed.. Zerodha will bring in the new rules only for the 60 day challenges going forward.. Not for the current ongoing challenge..If one has real skill to beat the market, there is no need to worry about these kind of rules..

Good that they are going to continue the challenge through out the year.. Also thanks to zerodha for sharing some valuable insights, profile of winners..
Looking at the stats and % of winners one would realize that it is not easy to win.. Only a small % of traders make profit consistently.. But at the same time it is not impossible to make great returns..

Zerodha

OK.

Those who are participating currently or starting the 60 day challenge now should also expect that they may introduce a new criteria like below after the completion of the challenge.
And you should not ask any question........

1). Those who ended each and every day in positive in this 60 days trading period only declared as winner.
or
2). One should trade in all 60 days of challenge period.
or
3). One should be traded at least one trade in each month (at least one trade for each 20 trading days).
or
4). Once you started the challenge you should not take rest for more than 1 month.
or
5). One should have at least 3 years of trading experience to be declared as winner.
or
6). One should have at least 1 L in trading account. And ended positive in the previous challenge also (to remove the luck factor from results).
or
7). One should end each month in positive ( each 20 trading days).

8). And all of the above applicable for brokerage refund also.

Btw.....I am not against Zerodha....
But annoyed by their Post Challenge rules and undefined criteria like Active trading, Aggressive trading, Professional trading, Disciplined trading, Trading for living etc.....
Firstly Veera,

There is no change on whatever we have just concluded till date and what is announced is for future.

There is 1 to 2% of winners who seem to have been spoilsport about this whole thing and we have to do something about this before someone else starts doing this.

We have people who have taken as low as 4 trades in the challenge and we have no issue with it. The issue is where someone is trying to manipulate and not looking at it in the right spirit.

When we say actively trading, we mean actively trading to his nature of trading. He is a positional guy who takes 1 trade a week, there is no issue with it at all. And as I said, 98% of the winners have played it right and it is just the 1-2 %, who made us put up this condition.

Last edited:

arcus

Nice read..thanks for that Zerodha.

I was looking more for what he looks in a trade, what trade set ups he follows, what he considers as his plus point etc Some more deep insight on how he trades without knowing the specific entries/ exits etc...

25 % risk on a single trade....hmmmm too high for a professional trader.....but ok for someone who has a job and a side stream of income flowing in.

But that is not to undermine the excellent performance for which he gets full appreciation.....well done ....

Smart_trade
I think what he meant was that if he had 1L in his account, then he would trade 1 Nifty futures contract (which requires around 25k as margin). His stop loss risk might be around 2-5% (I'm guessing).

He probably captured most of the swing upmove and the subsequent swing downmove in the Nifty.

One must also not forget that the trading capital and amount with the broker are not the same.

I have a trading capital of 1L and I made around Rs 3890 in the Zerodha challenge. However, the amount I kept with Zerodha was around Rs 22,500.

While I actually made 3.8% in the 3 month period, for Zerodha it may appear as if I made around 17% as I deposited only Rs 22,500 with them.

- arcus
On furthur calculating, with a limit of having bet size equal to or less than 25%, its not possible to generate 400% on the trading capital.

Even going by what he said i.e. 700 points on the Nifty for each month (compounded monthly), the most he could make with a 25% risk limit is 146%.
Its impossible to make over 400% in the three month period while risking 25% or less which gives rise to one of the following conclusions.

1) His trading capital and the amount he kept with the broker are different amounts. While the amount he kept with the broker generated 400%, his own trading capital generated around 140-150%.

(or)

2) He was able to capture not only the intermediate swing move but also the intraday swings along with the intermediate swing, i.e. 1420 points on the Nifty for each month compounded monthly. This seems a bit implausible.

(or)

3) He wasn't telling the truth when he said he risked only 25% per trade. i.e. He risked more than 25% per trade.

- arcus

arcus

It actually becomes pretty obvious, people who stop and trade on a different account and etc. Actively trading according to that particular person's trading style..
I think Zerodha should define what an "active trader" is first. I am a swing trader and I only took 5 trades in the 60 days. Three were losing trades (lost around Rs 8000) and 2 were winning trades (made me Rs 12,000). Overall, I was up around Rs 3890. Not sure if I am an "active trader".

Zerodha

I think Zerodha should define what an "active trader" is first. I am a swing trader and I only took 5 trades in the 60 days. Three were losing trades (lost around Rs 8000) and 2 were winning trades (made me Rs 12,000). Overall, I was up around Rs 3890. Not sure if I am an "active trader".
arcus,

As I mentioned before, that is your style of trading, so you are an active trader for us. I am talking about those guys who are trading 10 times a day stop suddenly as soon as they see profits and start trading in mother father brother sister etc account and other such things which is not in the right spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.