Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the whole point, we need a reason to tell that they are not winners, those 6 to 10 people only and hence the condition..

Nothing changes for everyone else, trade anyway u want, won't matter..

@rythm, if you have received the certificate, I guess refund will be tomorrow or day after max..
Hi Zerodha,
Are you sending certificate in demat(email) or in physical form? I haven't got any yet, but I am one of those guys who sold shares from demat account during the challenge period. Are those issues sorted out?
Regards
marker

arcus,

As I mentioned before, that is your style of trading, so you are an active trader for us. I am talking about those guys who are trading 10 times a day stop suddenly as soon as they see profits and start trading in mother father brother sister etc account and other such things which is not in the right spirit.
Hi Sachin,

A person known to me traded with you under Zerodha Challenge, he made money (good money) and then he started losing, when there were 12-13 trading days left and he lost most of his profits, then he decided to stop trading just for the sake of winning the challenge so that he can claim his brokerage from you (that too is a good amount for him). He did NOT start trading in any other account because he has no any. Now what you would say about it, is he an "active trader" still (keep in mind, he traded around more than 65-70% trading days regularly and then stopped for rest of the 30-35% days to save the "to-be-winning" brokerage by winning in challenge). Does he qualify as a winner of the challenge?

Waiting to hear from you ............

shekharz

Trader J

Anyway, I got my answer. As I suspected, Pawan had only kept 25% of his trading capital with Zerodha. So it turns out option # 1 was correct.

Here is his quote

"I have kept only 25% of the money in the trading account, Rest was not used at all, It was lying in my Overdraft Home Loan account. And Zerodha off course calculated on the money which I kept with them. Let me explain.. Lets say ... I have total capital of 4 lac and I kept 25% of it (1 Lac) in Trading account. And grown it to 5 Lac in 3 months (60 Trading days).

So From Zerodha perspective its 400% return because they will calculate on what I kept with them, but if I see from my perspective its gain of 4 lac on my initial 4 Lac rupees, which is 100% Return. Sorry for the Confusion.

I hope this clarification will help and people will not be so excited about it."

Seems fair enough now.
Regards,
arcus
Than, how Zerodha can say the bet size 25 %, it should be 100 %, he used 100% money laying in account...............

columbus

BNF11700CE is showing Rs8.90 for more than 45min when ruling price is Rs10.30.
why this discrepancy?

Hello fellow traders

my view, far too many questions about strategy to get back that Rs 20 /trade flat brokerage charges . . .

just remember we pay far bigger amount as other cost including taxes and transaction cost on every trade we execute . . .

btw, its better to focus on minimizing slippage, better MM and like to improve our performance . . .

meanwhile just let Zerodha manage their end of the 60 days challenge . . .

and of-course we all can come and spam here if / when they refuse to pay-back our 20 rupees :D

Cheers

:) Happy

milkyblack

Than, how Zerodha can say the bet size 25 %, it should be 100 %, he used 100% money laying in account...............
Yes so far the calculations based on return on capital and bet size has been very misleading. If one were to take zerodha's statistics that winners use about 25-30% of the capital as bet size then managing 400% in capital does not hold true. But in my view this really should not matter, as one it is just a 60 days challenge and whopping results are not something easy to be sustained even if one has achieved.

But the main data that is how many winners in the 60 days challenge for active traders is something which is accurate. Even this is a very important data provided by Zerodha.

So for an active trader, like intraday trader or an active swing trader being positive in 60 days it self shows some promise in the trader. And if s/he is consistent then the returns will eventually grow with time.

But one thing I would like to suggest that is the definition of active traders needs some kind of clarity. It is the no of trades that should also be taken into consideration, irrespective of the trader's style. As say one has taken 10 trades in 60 days, then 10 is a very small number to form the base of the statistics calculations to come to any meaningful conclusion.

Jai Mata Di

Hi Sachin,

A person known to me traded with you under Zerodha Challenge, he made money (good money) and then he started losing, when there were 12-13 trading days left and he lost most of his profits, then he decided to stop trading just for the sake of winning the challenge so that he can claim his brokerage from you (that too is a good amount for him). He did NOT start trading in any other account because he has no any. Now what you would say about it, is he an "active trader" still (keep in mind, he traded around more than 65-70% trading days regularly and then stopped for rest of the 30-35% days to save the "to-be-winning" brokerage by winning in challenge). Does he qualify as a winner of the challenge?

Waiting to hear from you ............

shekharz
In that case he is not manipulating the contest. He is just trying to protect his profit.
Zerodha clearly said, " We will also not consider clients who have stopped trading after making small profits or any other such attempts. ".

So when a client actively trading for more than 20/30 days, paid big brokerages, and in positive. Now if he is making losses and near to breakeven. It is his right to stop trading to protect his big profit in other way: Say 12,000 OR 20,000 brokerage refund.
If he don't have any multiple a/c in other relative's name. He is not manipulating the contest. It is fair and under the rule.
Is not it Zerodha?

Also,in exam if you finished the paper before scheduled time and stopped writing. It is your choice, no one can stop you, unless you start helping your friends :lol: (here trading with brother/mother/sister/wife's a/c & manipulating the contest :D).
Am I right ZERODHA?

Status
Not open for further replies.