Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

What is the policy of Zerodha regarding the number of days' data in the data
tables?

They are arbitrarily changing the number of days. Yesterday, for NSE scrips
we had only the current day's data.

Zerodha, can you please clarify why you keep meddling with it?
NOthing being meddled with the data tables.. It is just the same.. Can you let me know which menu you are checking?

You get 7 day's data, 20 days intraday data was one of the reasons for PLUS charting hanging..
That is good as default interval to load but you must give an option to change it as per client's requirement. Also whats happening on Money transfer between exchanges - Mcx to Nse and viceversa?

Trader J

Market order because if the order goes pending margin blocked by exchange goes up.. Margin requirement can't be just based on your stop loss, what happens if nifty ticks down 50 points in one go? you would be loosing Rs 2500 and with your logic you will have only Rs 750..

Typically margin required using cover orders will be around 20-25% lesser than what is required normally..

Cover orders are not allowed on MCX, but allowed on NSE and BSE..
Dear Zerodha,

Thanks for quick reply. I agree for market order to avoid unnecessary orders, how ever if some one really dont want to trade, he/she should not block margin even its low, and Rs 750 is really very low, but you may should allow at least 50 % margin benefit (may be for NIFTY only). I think its also very risky for Traders who trade by cover order, they have to trade for quick loss or profit so only high risk trader will trade. I hope you consider my request for 50 % benefit.

What about option trading in NIFTY only (Shorting) , they are very liquid, you may also consider for low margin in cover order. Thanks
Dear Zerodha, (Reposting)

Please let we know more about cover order in Option, I checked and found that stoploss range is very near of market price....I mean if Market price 24.5 than SL range 24.7 - 24.95, Please reply . Thanks

Zerodha

Login as admin, Install latest software, Check net speed, Call CC :)
@ SACHIN, Please give real date of BSE equity launch !
The reason we are stuck on BSE equity launch is because the POA that you had initially signed wasn't updated for BSE, it was only valid for NSE.. We have sent a request to BSE to let us use the same, because you have already asked us to open a BSE account also.. We can go live on BSE equity as soon as we get a confirmation on this...

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha, (Reposting)

Please let we know more about cover order in Option, I checked and found that stoploss range is very near of market price....I mean if Market price 24.5 than SL range 24.7 - 24.95, Please reply . Thanks
In a cover order, you are buying/selling at market price but covering it by placing a stop loss order in a 3% price range.. So this way the maximum loss you will be taking is 3% and hence the margin requirement is also lesser..

So for eg if you are buying a stock at 25, you will get a range of 24.25 to 25 and you can put your trigger price anywhere in this range..

Cheers..

Zerodha

Do we require to resend POA for BSE ? If necessary ask the same from me , but please launch BSE equity asap.
Yes, there might be an additional consent letter that might be required, this should be put up on our website by tonight.. Once printed and sent back to us, we will have it enabled immediately..

kumudhan

hello sachin, today i tried to place my first cover order.butthe order is rejected. REASON.RMS.CLIENT NOT ENABLED ON PRODUCT.pl help..
this was posted on 5/10/2012 1.13 p.m.as usual you just skipped my query.for some simple queries like this i have to call your office 2 or 3 times paying about 50 rs to bsnl as call cost....sad....

Trader J

In a cover order, you are buying/selling at market price but covering it by placing a stop loss order in a 3% price range.. So this way the maximum loss you will be taking is 3% and hence the margin requirement is also lesser..

So for eg if you are buying a stock at 25, you will get a range of 24.25 to 25 and you can put your trigger price anywhere in this range..

Cheers..
Dear Zerodha,
3 % For Nifty Option ?? I think its very low for Rs 20 to Rs 50 price, it is Rs 0.60 to Rs 1.50 only, its mean for one lot only Rs 3 to Rs 75, it should be 10-20 %. Is there any chance to modify ? Thanks

pumajay

Hi Zerodha,

Regarding margins by pledging, you had mentioned that if we have opened demat recently then no need of manual pledging, but just an email is sufficient.

Is this case? But, when I asked india@zerodha, I got to know that I have to drop a DIS at IL&FS office and then update the same to zerodha.

Status
Not open for further replies.