Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Suppose a share is trading at 100/-. By mistake I place a limit sell order at 10/- or a limit buy order at 1000/-.

Now I have few queries

1. Will this order get executed at my limit price (as it becomes the best offer price) or at current market price? Are there any checks and balances in the exchange to filter out such obviously erroneous orders?

2. If the trade does get executed at the limit price, are there any chances for me to be able to cancel this order after execution?

3. Are there any precautions that I can take, such as some settings on NOW, which prevents such order entries?

All these are hypothetical queries as thankfully till now I have not made any such mistake. I cant take a risk of actually testing such scenario on NOW as I am not sure of consequences.

Thanks,
Amit
Hi Amit,

If you put a sell at 10 when market is at 100, then this is as good as the market order, so it will get executed at market price... There is nothing much you can do about it other than being careful that you don't do it...

But if market is at 100 and you place a limit to buy at Rs 10, exchange has circuits on every contract and in this case the order will get frozen...

Zerodha

Zerodha,

Completed the form but found following issues

1.> Your page numbering seems to be erratic

After the pricing page it starts with Page 1 then Page 2 again Page 1, 2 and the next is page 5... Are page 3 and Page 4 missing ?

Similarly for Signatures F1>F2>F2>F3>F6>F7 ... F2 is repeated twice but F4 & F5 are missing.

Is the form downloaded by me incomplete ?

2> There is no provisioning for Nomination while opening the trading only account. What happen to My money lying in your account How can one (successors) reclaim in the absence of Nomination ( Hypothetical question ? No.)

SHEKHAR
Hi Shekhar,

The online application that you have downloaded needs small changes... Everything is in place, just make sure that you sign wherever F is mentioned... Or else you can also leave your email on india@zerodha and I will email another one ....

Trading account forms usually don't have any nominations, funds which are lying go back to your bank account and it depends on whom you have nominated on your bank account....

Cheers...

We will soon have a professional charting tool for our clients, we are testing data and as soon as we are confident on its reliability we will start giving to our clients.... Again at a cost but probably 1/10th of the market cost....
How soon is "soon" as it will help me manage my datafeed subscription likewise. ;)
Afterall, a paisa saved is a paisa earned ;)
Apologies for behaving like an impatient brat :D

Thanks a heap for answering my query on Options pricing :)

We will soon have a professional charting tool for our clients, we are testing data and as soon as we are confident on its reliability we will start giving to our clients.... Again at a cost but probably 1/10th of the market cost....
Is it only a charting tool? I guess it's for the intra-day people.
I guess there is scope for a honest fundamental analysis section.

If you look at the google finance link; you could search companies based on several filters. I won't mind paying for it if it addresses at street level and just honest.

Last edited:
How soon is "soon" as it will help me manage my datafeed subscription likewise. ;)

Same here. I am currently renewing my datafeed subscription on monthly basis. I will get good discount if I pay for six months/twelve months. So any pointers on a likely roll-out date will be very helpful.
Thanks,
Amit

Same here. I am currently renewing my datafeed subscription on monthly basis. I will get good discount if I pay for six months/twelve months. So any pointers on a likely roll-out date will be very helpful.
Thanks,
Amit
To be very fair, you should continue having your old feed, till at least 1 month after Zerodha provides its data service. Its entirely possible that you nay face issues, because of setting up a new software which may take a day or two or more to handle. You dont want to be left without a datafeed at that time.

Plus If I were in your place I would keep my old data feed for at least 2 months, till I am comfortable with the new feed.

Zerodha

As sumo has put it right, we are starting off on a new thing, and ideally if you are using something already, it is better for you to check us out for atleast a month before you switch...

The wait is because, the new version of NOW is to be launched and we can provide this only after that....

Cheers...

Zerodha

Hi,
is there any option available in NOW terminal to square off limit price. I see this query was asked repeatedly without being answered.Hope will be done now.
Thanks
arul
The square off buttons provided are all for market square offs... If you want to square off at limit price, you just have to place an opposite order...

for eg, you have bought 1 lot nifty future and you want to sell this... Just place a sell order , you don't have to go the square off link at all... Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.