Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheque can be deposited or sent back to us. You can also transfer it online.

SBI netbanking is available,but don't know why SBI is not activating it. Hoping to have it up by this month end.

Yes you can open account in the name of the sole prop firm....
Hey Sachin

Sorry for the late reply, but I received the forms you sent (each are attached twice :)); looking at 'em I guess I might escape to web filling would save everyone's life :)

More questions though :)

- How the SBI thing is coming up.

- If one regularly changes a stop loss order for a particular stock; will be it charged* each time.

- The Zerodha education thing, when ready will it be free or paid.

- I could see you (not only you) are after intra-day trading, where is some emphasize on long term delivery based holding - any education on that ??

- Do you or NSE TAME has or plan have something like this - where you pick based on several filters - http://www.google.com/finance/stockscreener

- Do you hate people who aren't intra-day warriors but trade once week etc. like some dead thingy;).

Hey Sachin

Sorry for the late reply, but I received the forms you sent (each are attached twice :)); looking at 'em I guess I might escape to web filling would save everyone's life :)

More questions though :)

- How the SBI thing is coming up.

- If one regularly changes a stop loss order for a particular stock; will be it charged* each time.

- The Zerodha education thing, when ready will it be free or paid.

- I could see you (not only you) are after intra-day trading, where is some emphasize on long term delivery based holding - any education on that ??

- Do you or NSE TAME has or plan have something like this - where you pick based on several filters - http://www.google.com/finance/stockscreener

- Do you hate people who aren't intra-day warriors but trade once week etc. like some dead thingy;).
hi zerodha ...i wud also like to know if there is any emphasis on long term delivery based holdings for investors like me....

Alright, another noob question.
Which figure of Nifty does one have to consider while calculating options prices(however ridiculous this may appear to the veterans).

NSE Cash - 5413.85
or
NSE F&O - 5435.00

Same query for volatility figures -
Underlying annual volatility of Nifty Cash which currently is around 24.82
or
Underlying annual volatility of Nifty Futures which is at 26.27

i have a query (sorry if i sound dumb). while transferring money from my bank account to zerodha, where does my money reside? incase of ICICI i have an option to allocate fund to IPO,FnO, trading etc but money resides with ICICI.

when i use sharekhan, i have to txr money from icici to sharekhan and do all the trading and transfer it back.

now coming to zerodha, since you guys deal directly with NSE will my money be with zerodha or with NSE?

This confusion i got after i suggested zerodha to one of my friend who was looking for low brokerage option for big trades. He kind of confused (and scared )me telling "i dont want to keep money with less know firms.what if i sell my shares and before i could withdraw the money the firm closes the door, all my money is gone. but incase of banks your money will be with the bank".

i am sure zerodha is popular among traders but i was surprised by his caution statement.
i am new to money holding patter by firms, risk etc Senior members, zerodha kindly guide me

also, i have another question. Can we do BTST (buy today sell tomorrow ) like ICICI on zerodha? i buy some shares today but i miss intraday due to share price fall so i take shares on delivary. and next day see that prices are up and want to sell. is it possible or i have to wait for T+2 days before i trade the shares?

Also if i sell say 100 shares of 100 rupee each, will this 10,000 be immediately available to trade/buy shares further on same day?

Sunny1

i have a query (sorry if i sound dumb). while transferring money from my bank account to zerodha, where does my money reside? incase of ICICI i have an option to allocate fund to IPO,FnO, trading etc but money resides with ICICI.

when i use sharekhan, i have to txr money from icici to sharekhan and do all the trading and transfer it back.

now coming to zerodha, since you guys deal directly with NSE will my money be with zerodha or with NSE?

This confusion i got after i suggested zerodha to one of my friend who was looking for low brokerage option for big trades. He kind of confused (and scared )me telling "i dont want to keep money with less know firms.what if i sell my shares and before i could withdraw the money the firm closes the door, all my money is gone. but incase of banks your money will be with the bank".

i am sure zerodha is popular among traders but i was surprised by his caution statement.
i am new to money holding patter by firms, risk etc Senior members, zerodha kindly guide me

also, i have another question. Can we do BTST (buy today sell tomorrow ) like ICICI on zerodha? i buy some shares today but i miss intraday due to share price fall so i take shares on delivary. and next day see that prices are up and want to sell. is it possible or i have to wait for T+2 days before i trade the shares?

Also if i sell say 100 shares of 100 rupee each, will this 10,000 be immediately available to trade/buy shares further on same day?
This question is already answered by zerodha .....

All clients money is stored in bank account strictly monitored by NSE and SEbi ...so even if firm rolls up ...the funds will remain ...

You can BTST but there is slightest of risk invloved and no broker can give you 100% sure BTST. Suppose you buy shares and in turn person who sold could not arrange shares for delivery as he bought himself on margin and defaults he'll pay penalty. This means since he did not get shares you won't get either. As Zerodha clarified this can be 1 in 500 hence no broker will vouch guarantee of BTST. I'm a very small investor with funds less than 10k I use and I've myself done as many as 20 BTST with zerodha without problem of any sort.

You can use margins immediately after sell order is executed if you had shares bought before or vice versa for short selling. Once both side trade takes place i.e. buying and selling immediately margins are available.

Finally as for your query regarding where money is kept, here is what I digged from this thread. Read post #505

http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha-51.html#post499698

Funds transferred by our clients is kept in a pool called as ZERODHA- NSE Client Account.. Zerodha as such doesn't have any rights over this pool...All the fund transfers done by clients is done to the NSE client a/c and withdrawn from the same... Even if we go bankrupt the client funds will be sitting in the ZERODHA- NSE client a/c... This a/c is monitored by NSE and SEBI all the time... If we go south, the funds in the NSE client a/c would sit there and would be returned back by the authorities..

Suppose a share is trading at 100/-. By mistake I place a limit sell order at 10/- or a limit buy order at 1000/-.

Now I have few queries

1. Will this order get executed at my limit price (as it becomes the best offer price) or at current market price? Are there any checks and balances in the exchange to filter out such obviously erroneous orders?

2. If the trade does get executed at the limit price, are there any chances for me to be able to cancel this order after execution?

3. Are there any precautions that I can take, such as some settings on NOW, which prevents such order entries?

All these are hypothetical queries as thankfully till now I have not made any such mistake. I cant take a risk of actually testing such scenario on NOW as I am not sure of consequences.

Thanks,
Amit

Status
Not open for further replies.