Status
Not open for further replies.
As already mentioned above, 1 person can have as many demat and trading accounts as he wishes... But the thing you need to keep in mind is that you can't open 2 accounts with the same broker... If you have an icici demat, you can't go back to icici and open another account....but you can come to Zerodha and open another account.... ;) ... Cheers...
But remember not to apply for IPO subscription from more than one account. That's outright illegal and you know the consequences :D

SHEKHAR

Margin file is not being sent on email anymore.. login to backoffice you can see the span margin file..... had posted before the kind of margins required for writing OTM calls... Will get you a sample bunch of margins required for writing options....
Hi Sachin,

Eagerly waiting to get ur samples on option margin.

Regards,
Sriram

Zerodha

Hi Sachin,

Eagerly waiting to get ur samples on option margin.

Regards,
Sriram
Margin requirement for writing options(Nifty@5500)
Considering today when markets were pretty volatile

Intraday: 5300PE(6393), 5400PE(6783), 5500PE(7354), 5600PE(8212)
5500CE(7941), 5600CE(7037), 5700CE(6438), 5800CE(6102)

Overnight:5300PE(18213), 5400PE(19343), 5500PE(20990), 5600PE(23460)
5500CE(22590), 5600CE(20022), 5700CE(18317), 5800CE(17360)

ZERODHA,

I have down loaded the complete form I do not wish to open a demat account, as I already have one. Do I still need to send following in 2 sets and also How much money is required to be paid I have seen somewhere in this thread that their is some discount for online applicants.

Thank you for registering with Zerodha - The Free Trade Zone. Please read the following carefully ensuring that you send us the necessary documents as required:

1. 2 copies of your PAN card.
2. 2 copies of your address proof. Acceptable documents include the latest copies of your passport, ration card, driving license(with the validity sheet), electricity bill, telephone invoice (only BSNL), bank passbook (with photo on the first page), bank statement (If an e-copy then attested with the seal and signature of the bank manager).
3. 2 Passport sized color photographs to be pasted on the form and signed across.
2 cheques: One cancelled cheque leaf (if your name is not on the cheque, please submit one month's bank statement along with it).One cheque for Rs 600 favoring Zerodha.

SHEKHAR

Zerodha

ZERODHA,

I have down loaded the complete form I do not wish to open a demat account, as I already have one. Do I still need to send following in 2 sets and also How much money is required to be paid I have seen somewhere in this thread that their is some discount for online applicants.

Thank you for registering with Zerodha - The Free Trade Zone. Please read the following carefully ensuring that you send us the necessary documents as required:

1. 2 copies of your PAN card.
2. 2 copies of your address proof. Acceptable documents include the latest copies of your passport, ration card, driving license(with the validity sheet), electricity bill, telephone invoice (only BSNL), bank passbook (with photo on the first page), bank statement (If an e-copy then attested with the seal and signature of the bank manager).
3. 2 Passport sized color photographs to be pasted on the form and signed across.
2 cheques: One cancelled cheque leaf (if your name is not on the cheque, please submit one month's bank statement along with it).One cheque for Rs 600 favoring Zerodha.

SHEKHAR
1 Copy of PAN Card.
2. 1 Copy of Address Proof (Driving License, Election ID, Passport, Bank Statement {Latest 1
month}, Latest BSNL Landline Bill)
3. 1 Passport Size Color Photograph (Please stick the photo on the form and sign across (F3))
4. 1 Copy of your Demat Statement from your current Demat Account or the Client Master
Report from your current DP. (***NOT MANDATORY)
5. 2 Cheques
i) 1 cancelled (Personal ‐ Name to be mentioned on the cheque). If its not please
attach 1 month Bank Statement.
ii) 1 cheque favoring ZERODHA for Rs 300/‐
If you print your forms through our website, we give you a discount of Rs. 100 on Account Opening Charges.
6. If you want to trade derivatives then 1 copy of any of the following documents
i) Pay slip (latest)
ii) Form 16 / IT Returns ( latest)
iii) 6 month Bank statement (latest)
iv) Copy of Demat Holding with any other Broker
If you do not have any of the documents required for trading derivatives, we
request you to sign the Self Declaration on the last page of the Zerodha form

The above are the requirements for only trading account... Account opening cheque is for Rs 200 if you are printing the trading forms...

Cheers...

hi Zerodha

One question about Order Placement and Brokerage on that order -

I am planning to write options, will begin soon. Suppose, I want to write options in the following manner -

1. Sell Nifty 5500 PE One Lot
2. Sell Nifty 5400 CE One Lot

Can I place the two orders in one go, with limit price or market price ?
Also, later I need to cover them. So, can I cover (buy) both the options, CE and PE of different strike price in one go. Is there a way in NOW to do so.

And, if yes, what will be brokerage on such orders? Will they be treated as one single SELL order and one single Buy order??

As I do not have ideas of any such facility in NOW, currently I am doing that by placing FOUR orders, two for sell and two buy orders, and it takes time and sometimes rates change.

Zerodha

zerodha..maybe i've asked it before and maybe you've answered it a thousand times before.. but can one transfer funds between zerodha and union bank of india?
Yes, you can transfer funds to and fro to your trading account from any bank account... If you have online enabled on your bank account, you can do a NEFT/RTGS payment, details under funds section in the trading submenu on our page...

If you are not online enabled, you can drop a cheque at your nearest hdfc bank...

Cheers...

Zerodha

hi Zerodha

One question about Order Placement and Brokerage on that order -

I am planning to write options, will begin soon. Suppose, I want to write options in the following manner -

1. Sell Nifty 5500 PE One Lot
2. Sell Nifty 5400 CE One Lot

Can I place the two orders in one go, with limit price or market price ?
Also, later I need to cover them. So, can I cover (buy) both the options, CE and PE of different strike price in one go. Is there a way in NOW to do so.

And, if yes, what will be brokerage on such orders? Will they be treated as one single SELL order and one single Buy order??

As I do not have ideas of any such facility in NOW, currently I am doing that by placing FOUR orders, two for sell and two buy orders, and it takes time and sometimes rates change.
If you have multiple orders to be placed in 1 go, you can do it through bulk order window...

Press CTRL + B, a new window opens up, add the 2 strikes onto the window using the dropdown box at the top of the window... You can save this file as an excel on your computer... When you are placing both simultaneously, you can go to the excel and mention the prices and save it.. You can now press ctrl+B and load the same file and place the order simultaneously...

If you are running option strategies, bulk order window is a good tool...

But will it be considered as 1 order??? No.... the exchange would generate 2 different order numbers as both are different contracts...

If you can't figure out how to do it, leave your name and number on india@zerodha, will call you back and explain...

Cheers

Sachin

hi
there is one issue with flat rate per order.
if you are a experienced trader and have the ability to place large orders then its a good thing, but if you are a new trader and dont have the ability to place large orders then i guess dont stick to flat rate brokerage.

i am a small trader, my trading capacity is just 50k, i split my orders into five each of 10k and place them at different prices, so that if my call takes one or two percent dip, i am still able to close my intraday trade with thin profit.

please join my yahoo group for intraday tips
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Intraday_Stock_Picks/

Status
Not open for further replies.