Status
Not open for further replies.
IOC order

Hello Zerodha

I have opened an account with zerodha & experimenting with NOW.......Very impressed with your service......best of all brokers:clap::clap:...

I would like to ask a question about IOC orders......

1. If we buy 100 lots of NIFTY by market order.....Total order is filled, whatever the best price even if its far away....

If we buy 100 lots with limit order...then only fills are upto limit price.....& we may get even partial or no fills...

But can't understand IOC logic.....Is it to be used only with limit orders?
When it is best to use?....

Your and other forum members guidance will be helpful and appreciated

regards

Gaurav:sos:

Zerodha

Re: IOC order

Hello Zerodha

I have opened an account with zerodha & experimenting with NOW.......Very impressed with your service......best of all brokers:clap::clap:...

I would like to ask a question about IOC orders......

1. If we buy 100 lots of NIFTY by market order.....Total order is filled, whatever the best price even if its far away....

If we buy 100 lots with limit order...then only fills are upto limit price.....& we may get even partial or no fills...

But can't understand IOC logic.....Is it to be used only with limit orders?
When it is best to use?....

Your and other forum members guidance will be helpful and appreciated

regards

Gaurav:sos:
Hey thanks Gaurav,

IOC is immediate or cancel..

You don't need an IOC in a market order because when you put a market order all the 100 lots get bought at whatever price...

IOC can be used by higher volume traders, so for eg if you put an IOC order for 100 lots to buy nifty at 5810, it will buy whatever upto 100 lots available at 5810, and the pending will get cancelled immediately...

Usually a lot of traders don't want to follow the price up on a breakout and down on a breakdown.. so if you feel that 5810 is breaking out, you put a 100 lot buy in IOC at 5810 and this way you make sure that you are not chasing the price up....

Hopefully I didn't confuse you more... ;).. Cheers

Zerodha

Same is there in my Ledger Details.....

Zerodha Plz look into this.
Sorry our bad, we should have sent an SMS... since today is the new year beginning, you need to choose in the drop down box on the right hand top... for all positions before today has to be chose in the the year mar-april 2010... regards

HTML:
[HTML]Hi new2markets,

What you have asked is something so exhaustive that it will probably take a few pages to write about all of this... But in brief
[/HTML]

Hi Sachin on behalf of ZERODHA............HERO....DA...:thumb:
250Pages Thread.........Soon will Cross al the barriers of no.of pages...al th best.:clap:
As already u hav crossed al th barrieres of fame/cost/prompt service/patience/awareness of the trading literacy........much more...cudn't write..coz"it is something so exhaustive that it will probably take a few pages to write about all of this... But in brief".....!!!:rofl:........jst copying U.
Following this trade since the begining.......even i also got frustated when @page 53..it got disappeared suddenly....(u won't beleive..being a newbie while following since beginning was feeling through heart to save al these information in MSWord..so in offline also i can read to understand al details..being a newbie to study al th info...but agn it retrieved.)
Hats of al of u guys...:clapping:....Al of u r genious.
What i found in this thread.......
1) Al u guys very patient......replying al the queris very silently though it has been askd many times in past....u nevr tire.:clapping:
2) Al u guys hav the depth knowledge regarding market n everything else askd in th forum...u replied........it enabled th newbie guy like me to get the more knoweldge.......it really helps for trading literacy.:clapping:
3)So many other hidden(hided?) information by th other brokerage got revealed by..U(like AMO orders/BTST..etc)...making th aware to traders.:clapping:
4) Having very innovative ideas by u will really helpful to prosper th day/positional trader.
5)Yur arrival in such a challenging way in this trading world........is nothing but th opportunity to traders(to make money)who cud nt make money in past or many of them lost......as somebody said....blood sucking attitude.
6)U hav jst paved th way to inflow from day trading.

While going thru th thread SUMOSANAMMAIN helped with his sense of humor making laugh.He really made releif,Thanks sumosanammain..making me to laugh..
Thanks al of u Veteran Youngs....for providing such a wonderful platfrom(moneymaking)...

By the awy Being a newbie i wud like to post my few queries(might b silly for u or others) bt must for me.........plz reply them.
Three cheers for ZERODHA........HERODaaaa.........Kudos.

Hi Zerodha....

Here r my queries.
If i hav 500 reliance...equity.
Against that
how much
1) U can give the exposure, to buy th same stock future..intrady.(How many lots?)
..........and exposure for overnight position.
2) U can give exposure to, sell th same stock future..intrady(How many lots?)
..........and exposure for overnight positions.

Even can i get th expoture(against my holding of 500equity) in options of same stock mentioned above....besides th future....or it wud require extra money?

Plz reply.........today i jst got the form(trading/demat) from Kunal...sending in forthcoming week.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

looser

Today i ordered SL order and SL never triggered! had i not been vigilant that would have costed dear to me zerodha.

Please help.

Today i ordered SL order and SL never triggered! had i not been vigilant that would have costed dear to me zerodha.

Please help.
Impossible......... Youmost probably made the mistake that I have made a few times.

Like, instead of putting SL at 5810, I put it at 5710, and when I saw the price crossing 5810, I am wondering why my stop is not being triggered.

If the order has been accepted by the exchange, and you have a order confirmation number, other than the fact that your required quantity was not available at your limit price, there is no way it wont trigger. Even if the required quantity is not available for your order, your SL will trigger, and your order will be shown as pending at that particular price.

Do look at your order book in detail to see where you have made a mistake. Because if you have an order confirmation number, the matter is not in ZeroDha hands, but in the hands of the NSE> Zerodha is out of the picture aftger the order is placed.

Zerodha correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.