Status
Not open for further replies.

VJAY

Dear Sachin,
Where is referal benefits?....its still in pending state as you told in weeks time it is there in backoffice site.........

columbus

Today i ordered SL order and SL never triggered! had i not been vigilant that would have costed dear to me zerodha.

Please help.
Hi looser,

I read somewhere that SL will not give 100% surety on our investment.
Let me explain with an example.Say you a SHORT SELL at 5790 with
stoploss at 5800.If nifty moves in a RAPID fashion from 5795 to 5810,like
15 points in a short duration,the chances of triggering your SL is SLIM.

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha....

Here r my queries.
If i hav 500 reliance...equity.
Against that
how much
1) U can give the exposure, to buy th same stock future..intrady.(How many lots?)
..........and exposure for overnight position.
2) U can give exposure to, sell th same stock future..intrady(How many lots?)
..........and exposure for overnight positions.

Even can i get th expoture(against my holding of 500equity) in options of same stock mentioned above....besides th future....or it wud require extra money?

Plz reply.........today i jst got the form(trading/demat) from Kunal...sending in forthcoming week.
Thanks in advance.
For now, we are letting you use your stock as margin only for the intraday positions... So if you have 500 reliance, after putting the exchange haircut % you will get margin to trade intraday in futures and options(both stock and index).

Don't have the haircut on reliance but say if it is 30%, you will get 70% of 500 shares ( say reliance at 1000 rs) , so 70% of 5lks, 3.5lks to trade intraday futures... With Rs 11000 you can buy 1 lot of nifty futures for intraday and hence around 33 lots on nifty and similarly for all the other stock or index futures...

Cheers...

Zerodha

Today i ordered SL order and SL never triggered! had i not been vigilant that would have costed dear to me zerodha.

Please help.
As sumo and columbus have put it right, there are 2 scenarios that can happen with SL(when not executed)

1. as sumo said, a lot of clients put wrong triggers in a hurry... so instead of 5810, you could have put 5710 and the trigger may never be hit...

2. But another more common thing about stops is, the trigger price has to be recorded on the exchange for the SL to be activated.. a very common scenario with bank nifty... You buy bank nifty at 11000 and put a SL with trigger at 10972... For your SL to be activated, the trigger price has to be recorded on the exchange and only then will the system know that SL is activated... if bank nifty suddenly falls from 10999 to 10954, your trigger price is not recorded and hence SL will stay pending...

so the idea is to keep trigger at big round numbers where you know will have a lot of pending orders, for eg for bank nifty 10950 or 11000 etc...

and yes, once the order is placed, nothing got to do with your terminals, all the action after that happens at the exchange... Same rules for any terminal that you work on...

Cheers...

Zerodha

are dp bills payed automatically from the ledger whenever they are due..........normally when do you pay them
dp bill is for the annual maintenance charges... ILFS will collect it directly from all our clients from now ... the amount will be collected on a pro-rata basis... They will give a bill atleast 1 month before it is due and you can pay that money online, by cheque or even by ECS if required...

Cheers...

Zerodha

Dear Sachin,
Where is referal benefits?....its still in pending state as you told in weeks time it is there in backoffice site.........
Hi Vijay, the thing with referrals is , we are the first brokers in the country to introduce a concept like this... And because we are the first, we faced issue from exchange first and then with getting the whole process automated... The model we work on, we have to automate everything, we can't afford to As I had mentioned, the backoffice referral module had a few bugs and we couldn't get it up on time, but should be up very soon and also all the pending referrals is going nowhere, it is going to come to your account... Once the process is in place and automated, shouldn't be any issue at all from the coming months...
Most of our marketing strategies are viral and referral is the way we can grow as a business by partnering all our clients...

BLEED BLUE.... ;)... Cheers..

lvgandhi

dp bill is for the annual maintenance charges... ILFS will collect it directly from all our clients from now ... the amount will be collected on a pro-rata basis... They will give a bill atleast 1 month before it is due and you can pay that money online, by cheque or even by ECS if required...

Cheers...
If I am correct, previously you have said that it will be paid by you from the margin money with you. I feel that is correct approach as a single window operation ie everything through you. As we abroad for quite some time, what will happen if we can't pay it, as we can't see the bill sitting abroad.

Hi Zerodha....plz explain

HTML:
For now, we are letting you use your stock as margin only for the intraday positions... So if you have 500 reliance, after putting the exchange haircut % you will get margin to trade intraday in futures and options(both stock and index).

Don't have the haircut on reliance but say if it is 30%, you will get 70% of 500 shares ( say reliance at 1000 rs) , so 70% of 5lks, 3.5lks to trade intraday futures... With Rs 11000 you can buy 1 lot of nifty futures for intraday and hence around 33 lots on nifty and similarly for all the other stock or index futures.

Below i jst post th Span/Exposure margin status of REL on 1st April

Code:
Symbol	       Mlot	SpMgn%	ExpMgn%	TotMgn%	SpMgnPerShare	ExpMgnPerShr	TotMgnPerShr	SpMgnPerLt	ExpMgnPerLt	TotMgnPerLt
RELIANCE	250	10.84	5	15.84	113.2	        52.17	       165.37	          28300  	 13042.5	 41342.5
Regarding with above the Total Margin is @15.70%
The Span Margin for whole lot varies from Rs.28200 to Rs.28300

With above info i wanna to ask.......
As per yur assurence we need only half of span margin........
Means to trade Intraday in 1LOT of Reliance i need only Rs 14500...as it is half of of span margin.......is it right?

So with 500 Equity in my a/c.....can i go for
1) Buy around 34 to 35 LOTS of REL for intraday......(500000/14500=34.48)
2) Sell around 34 to 35 LOTS of REL for intraday......(500000/14500=34.48)
(Assuming Rs1000 price per share of REL)

I hav to use above....
1) Buy Strategy when price is rising(Mrkt is moving up)......booking profit while selling at desired high price.
2) Sell strategy when price is lowering(Mrkt is moving down).....so by hedging the asset and sqrng it off by buying agn th same contract, at desired/predetermined low level.

And if in case i wanna to carry the position overnight then i might be able to carry only 12LOTS ...i.e. 500000/41000=12.19....m i right?

In short any how in above both scenario........i wanna to earn by intrady...against my 2 LOTS....hedging it......and to increase the asset from evryday profit.

Plz correct/guide me...

Thanks.......

Status
Not open for further replies.