Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we had initially planned the same, but we got a notice from the exchange saying we can't collect amc on behalf of ILFS.... There will be enough time given, you can also pay the amc upfront and you will not receive any bills...

Cheers...
We were carefree reg ILFS payments as you had earlier said that this would be taken care of by zerodha.

Now that this has to be done by us, please advise where to look for :

1) ILFS bills

2) How to make payments

Thanks

Dear Zerodha,

I have a account with u ...recently my system crashed & I reinstalled Windows 7 ultimate again...but when I installed NSE Now software, I am unable to log into the trading system since it only logs me in & stops at scrip download option, nothing happens even when I click the same for download... I tried as administrator too but to no use....Plz. help..

trader15

Am trying to evaluate Zerodha on brokerage front for all 4 trade types: Cash Intraday (with Margin), Cash Delivery, Futures, Options

Zerodha seems competitive only for options and cash delivery, and somewhat for futures.

Would like to see how competitive the brokrage structure is for cash intraday with margin trading.

For example with my existing broker : 5K with 10X marging: 50K . 2 trades in trances of 25 K. Total turnover: 1L. Brokerage paid: Rs. 93 i.e. 0.093%

Brokerage by Zerodha: Rs. 80 + Charges : 23.74 => Rs. 103.74 (Based on calculator)
(80 : As 4 orders: 2 scrips buy + sell)

For total trade of 5L : Assuming 5 different scrips : Total turnover: 10L : Brokerage: Rs. 700 + Rs.238 (Other charges) : Total: Rs. 938

Zerodha Brokerage: Rs. 200 + Rs. 238 charges => rs. 438 (10 orders : buy + sell )

So Effectively, Zerodha brokerage is still lower than the normal brokerage (0.07% intraday), but the difference will fade out if you negotiate lower brokerage rate for intraday. This comparison is based on normal trading account brokerage.

For options, where multiple lots are typically brought, nuthing beats zerodha. But for
other trades, I dont think Zerodha is competitive enough.

Would welcome comments and inputs from Zerodha team on same. We only have simple scenarios discussed in the thread on intraday. Would appreaciate if you can vet the above calculation. Thanks

So after putting in this post, i searched on forum for Zerodha brokerage once again and got the following post: http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha-20.html#post486239

Plan B: is explained there. Which states : 0.01% brokerage for intraday.

With plan B: the above brokerage calculations become : (The other charges remain same : Though they would be marginally lower due to lower service tax, due to service tax being applicable on brokerage)

1. 1L Turnover: (2 Scrips: Buy + Sell: 4 Transactions): Rs. 10 + Rs. 23.74 ==> Rs. 33.74
2. 10L Turnover: (5 Scrips: Buy + Sell: 10 Transactions): Rs. 100 + Rs. 238 ==> Rs. 338

Zerodha: My understanding of Plan B from above link is: Intraday: 0.01%, Delivery: 0.1%, FNO (Futures+ Options): Rs. 20 per order : And no minimum brokerage
Can you confirm this.

Net Net:

1. Trader A: Intraday: Single Stock Trade, and primarily FNO: Take flat Rs. 20 brokerage plan
2. Trader B: Intraday: Multiple Stock Trade, FNO: Take Plan B

I think most of active traders who do intraday split their bets against multiple stocks in which case Plan B should be win win situation for traders.

Last edited:
Sachin Sir,
I deposited Rs 15000 yesterday morning...it still hasnt been crdeited to my trading account...
Is there any problem ??
I think it has to do with pay ins not happening yetserday on account of Gudi Padwa/Ugadi etc. I too faced the problem and got a mail from the zerodha team clarifying the same.. Should get credited today..

Zerodha

We were carefree reg ILFS payments as you had earlier said that this would be taken care of by zerodha.

Now that this has to be done by us, please advise where to look for :

1) ILFS bills

2) How to make payments

Thanks
ILFS will start sending you physical bills and you can make the payment online... You can also make the payment in advance for a year and this way you will not have to worry about the amc bills...

We will send you the different modes of making payment to your email address soon...

Cheers..

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha,

I have a account with u ...recently my system crashed & I reinstalled Windows 7 ultimate again...but when I installed NSE Now software, I am unable to log into the trading system since it only logs me in & stops at scrip download option, nothing happens even when I click the same for download... I tried as administrator too but to no use....Plz. help..
Hi, Can you leave your client id and phone number on [email protected]... we will call you up and help you with the same if it is not already sorted....

Zerodha

Am trying to evaluate Zerodha on brokerage front for all 4 trade types: Cash Intraday (with Margin), Cash Delivery, Futures, Options

Zerodha seems competitive only for options and cash delivery, and somewhat for futures.

Would like to see how competitive the brokrage structure is for cash intraday with margin trading.

For example with my existing broker : 5K with 10X marging: 50K . 2 trades in trances of 25 K. Total turnover: 1L. Brokerage paid: Rs. 93 i.e. 0.093%

Brokerage by Zerodha: Rs. 80 + Charges : 23.74 => Rs. 103.74 (Based on calculator)
(80 : As 4 orders: 2 scrips buy + sell)

For total trade of 5L : Assuming 5 different scrips : Total turnover: 10L : Brokerage: Rs. 700 + Rs.238 (Other charges) : Total: Rs. 938

Zerodha Brokerage: Rs. 200 + Rs. 238 charges => rs. 438 (10 orders : buy + sell )

So Effectively, Zerodha brokerage is still lower than the normal brokerage (0.07% intraday), but the difference will fade out if you negotiate lower brokerage rate for intraday. This comparison is based on normal trading account brokerage.

For options, where multiple lots are typically brought, nuthing beats zerodha. But for
other trades, I dont think Zerodha is competitive enough.

Would welcome comments and inputs from Zerodha team on same. We only have simple scenarios discussed in the thread on intraday. Would appreaciate if you can vet the above calculation. Thanks

So after putting in this post, i searched on forum for Zerodha brokerage once again and got the following post: http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/47790-zerodha-20.html#post486239

Plan B: is explained there. Which states : 0.01% brokerage for intraday.

With plan B: the above brokerage calculations become : (The other charges remain same : Though they would be marginally lower due to lower service tax, due to service tax being applicable on brokerage)

1. 1L Turnover: (2 Scrips: Buy + Sell: 4 Transactions): Rs. 10 + Rs. 23.74 ==> Rs. 33.74
2. 10L Turnover: (5 Scrips: Buy + Sell: 10 Transactions): Rs. 100 + Rs. 238 ==> Rs. 338

Zerodha: My understanding of Plan B from above link is: Intraday: 0.01%, Delivery: 0.1%, FNO (Futures+ Options): Rs. 20 per order : And no minimum brokerage
Can you confirm this.

Net Net:

1. Trader A: Intraday: Single Stock Trade, and primarily FNO: Take flat Rs. 20 brokerage plan
2. Trader B: Intraday: Multiple Stock Trade, FNO: Take Plan B

I think most of active traders who do intraday split their bets against multiple stocks in which case Plan B should be win win situation for traders.

Hi Trader 15,

If you are an equity trader Rs 20/order plan will make sense only if your order size is above Rs 2lks for intraday and Rs 20000 for delivery...

Otherwise it will make more sense to be on PLAN B ...

In f&o, minimum contract size is 2lks so Rs20/order will be cheaper....

Yes we don't have a minimum contract charge, so if you buy for Rs 100 of stocks, your contract note will show only Rs 0.01 ...

And also, you don't have to pay anything upfront or give any volume commitment to get the 0.01/0.1 % plan on equity....

Hopefully this clarifies...

cheers...

Zerodha

Sachin Sir,
I deposited Rs 15000 yesterday morning...it still hasnt been crdeited to my trading account...
Is there any problem ??
Banks were closed yesterday and hence no credits or debits have happened from the bank side yesterday... All the funds transferred should show up in trading account today and also the withdrawals put should come to your bank account today...

Cheers...

trader15

Hi Trader 15,

If you are an equity trader Rs 20/order plan will make sense only if your order size is above Rs 2lks for intraday and Rs 20000 for delivery...

Otherwise it will make more sense to be on PLAN B ...

In f&o, minimum contract size is 2lks so Rs20/order will be cheaper....

Yes we don't have a minimum contract charge, so if you buy for Rs 100 of stocks, your contract note will show only Rs 0.01 ...

And also, you don't have to pay anything upfront or give any volume commitment to get the 0.01/0.1 % plan on equity....

Hopefully this clarifies...

cheers...

I think you missed the discussion aspect. It's not the trade size i'm referring to. Obviously if you straight forward compare transaction value, you are correct.

I'm referring to how particular person can trade : day trade. i.e. using 5L capital and splitting in 5 trades.

Even with 5L, and 5 trades, Rs. 20 brokerage is expensive and Plan B is cheaper.

But if you do single trade of 5L, then yes Rs. 20 turns out to be cheaper.

What about FNO in Plan B: Is it still Rs. 20 or is it on %age terms only.

Status
Not open for further replies.