1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures - Bac

Whether the latest MTP v2.2 tool is useful?

• YES. The tool helps to take safe positions using FLOW and Renko Charts

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • NO. The tool is not useful

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

Volume - Number of Contracts executed - It could be bought or Sold.
OI - Pending Contracts.

As for as I know it is very difficult to find any meaningful relationship between OI & Volume because Volume is always Low compared to OI. So do not read too much in the volume.
Volume compared to chgi could be inferred as
V > chgi unwinding in progress and vice versa

healthraj

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

Options update at 9:30 AM

It seems to be Flat market with Pivot around 5960. Since the world markets are Down, 5960 might act as the pivot with 30 points UP and 30 points down. So I think 5990 might be the Top today.

MAX CHG in OI at 5900-6000 Pair

5900PE @ 274K
6000CE @ 316K, Mildly bearish.

No Big Volumes today as of now... So trade less quantity.
Those who went short at 5990 might have got 50 points profit.

Options @ 2:30 PM.

23L @ CE and 84K @ PE. So it is very bearish now. Unless positions get created in PE, markets can go further down. Not a good idea to buy now.

Last edited:

healthraj

Volume compared to chgi could be inferred as
V > chgi unwinding in progress and vice versa
Not always true. But most of the times.

Simply put my observation is I treat the numbers in

OI - SELL - Most of the times we can go with this Analogy
Volume - Buy - Not always - Since it is not always consistant I normally do not give too much importance to Volume.
But I need to observe the comment of OT "chgi unwinding in progress and vice versa"

healthraj

Volatility Trendline Chart.

As per the Volatility Trenline chart, the PE and CE would meet around 6050-6075. Those who want to take risk can Buy now for GAP UP opening tomorrow. But it is still Risky.

The overall CHG in PE Positions are also building up from 84K to now 8L

Those who went short at 5990 might have got 50 points profit.

Options @ 2:30 PM.

23L @ CE and 84K @ PE. So it is very bearish now. Unless positions get created in PE, markets can go further down. Not a good idea to buy now.
When you gave the above comment (5932 spot) I happened to observe option chain , even after so much fall 5900 was still > 70l. I was about to comment saying good buying opp. In short, a volatile move needs to be accompanied by unwinding in strike prices. Btw 5900 call was at 85

But there is this Bernanke event tonight. If some congressman insists on a timeline for the QE plan and Ben is forced to come out with a timeplan, then markets will again go haywire, rite?

Well some rumors on a big bang announcement from govt on the anvil to raise investor hopes
Frankly, the govt. has n't got any ammo left. Only big bang can be dropping the FSB bill ( wishful thinking) or may be PM resigining and calling for elections ( again wishful thinking).

healthraj

Option Analysis Tool Screenshots.

Just wanted to share the Option Analysis Tool that I am developing in Excel.
Data Source : Options Chain and Futures Data from NSEIndia.com

Main content

Options Chain Table for Key Strikes

Charts for OI, CHG in OI, Volume and Volatility

Option Greeks