4xpipcounter's trendlines

Have you found this thread helpful in learning to trade trendlines

• Wow! I never thought it would be this good

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • Yes, it was okay

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Not really, could see no benefit

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Dude! You were way off. This is terrible.

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

EagleOne

Oops! :eek:
Sorry, Paul, these things happen sometimes. But hey! OTOH, sometimes egg on the face does taste good! :lol:

Hey Paul, whatever you decided, you know you have my full support as a friend. Of course, we wil be in touch through other channels. You take care of your social and personal life first. And certainly of your health. Nothing whatsoever should have priority above it. Nothing. Period.

Like so many on TJ I will miss your presence all around. But as they say in your part of the world: Hey! You gotta do what you gotta do! :)

Take care and all the best.

It's an old Post of Paul's ....VJAY....Nothing to be confused...:D

SG

4xpipcounter

Eagle, I hope there was no misunderstanding here. I posted what I did in April, and came back in July.

That's one thing I knew I could always depend on from you was your support. You know the feeling here is likewise.

Hey Paul, whatever you decided, you know you have my full support as a friend. Of course, we wil be in touch through other channels. You take care of your social and personal life first. And certainly of your health. Nothing whatsoever should have priority above it. Nothing. Period.

Like so many on TJ I will miss your presence all around. But as they say in your part of the world: Hey! You gotta do what you gotta do! :)

Take care and all the best.

BTW, unless someone has a comment or reason to continue this thread, I see no reason to let it continue to run. Unless a TL related discussion comes up within the next week, as far as I am concerned, the mods can close this thread. My other thread has been a potpourri of forecasts and technical analysis.
If it stays dormant, so be it, no reason to close it. It is a good lesson and someone, maybe a newcomer, may want to post some observation about it. Also, it is not necessary for the thread starter to follow it :)

Rkji

paul, would you draw trendlines differently on following charts or do i draw them correctly ?

i still trade the two strategies i have been trading for a long time but want to learn drawing correct trendlines on charts.

EURUSD & USDCHF H1 CHARTS

regards as always
rishi

4xpipcounter

Hi Rishi!
I think I mentioned this somewhere in this thread but in using TL's as far as the tradeable suppositions as outlined in this thread, it is best to draw your TL's on the 4-hour on up. Anything less than the 4-hour, a trading decision can be made off them, but not with the predictability as drawing them off the 4-hour, daily, weekly, and monthly will produce.
This is also worth repeating but you are looking for a TL break with the following characteristics:
1. Stronger than usual candle that broke the TL.
2. A correction back to the point the candle broke the TL and will be contained under it.
3. Another strong move back in the new trend that will go further than the original break.

If the break was not stronger than usual, then always check the candle to see if you drew it right, and if it covered the dip/peak to the 1st swing high/low.

Now, let's go to your chart, and let's assume it is a 4-hour chart.
The lower TL was drawn correctly. The dip is the correct point, because the previous one to what would have been the 1st swing low would have already had a TL break. What you would now look for is a break of the TL accompanied with a strong candle. Usually, if the TL contains, then there is a strong move back into the current trend.

The upper TL I don't like, but you drew it right.
All TL's need to have some slope in it, and not a strong slope. When TL's with no slope are broken, they tend to be accompanied by head fakes. This is because a TL with no slope does not really look like a TL.
One thing I did not cover in this thread, but I will now, which will show how to make that circa area a very tradeable opportunity for you. Rather than draw a TL (It's worthless, in this case.), draw a horizontal line at the peak, add 5 pips on to it, set your entry long, and get out of the way.
A dip or peak break, you don't wait for a correction back to it. You simply enter when it is broken.

The down sloping line on the USD/CHF you messed up on, which is giving the appearance of a false TL break, and consolidation on top of the TL, which is not suppose to ever happen.
This is how you are able to troubleshoot your own lines. Again, if they don't possess the proper qualities, then you know something is wrong.
Go further west. You see the peak. After that, go 9 candles east. That is the swing high. Those are the 2 dots that should have been connected.
I'm actually glad you posted the USD/CHF, because I like to always put in practice what I teach, even though I hardly ever post a trade. If you have read my forecasts, you know my bias is the USD/CHF is going further south. I don't like to enter a trade in a consolidative period. The breakaway is going to be as per my previous instruction in this post concerning the EUR/USD. I have an entry to go short at .9109, which is just a few pips under the dip. I drew my horizontal line at the dip, subtracted a few pips from that and made it my entry.

paul, would you draw trendlines differently on following charts or do i draw them correctly ?

i still trade the two strategies i have been trading for a long time but want to learn drawing correct trendlines on charts.

EURUSD & USDCHF H1 CHARTS

regards as always
rishi