Be careful while buying Market data provider data feed

Dear varincam,

There is absolutely no need to go at personal level. Linkon have given his opinion and you have your. Its upon viewer to decide upon whichever vendor is suitable for his reuirement.

Hope you take this post with good spirit.

Regards,

-Pralhad
well there was no need for linkon to call people who really had an harrowing expereience with mdp as quibbling children.If he has'nt faced any problem ,then goodluck to him.But what I can tell from my experience is that even the most expensive datafeed as quotecenter comes with some bad/missing ticks.So I now do not expect that I will be having access to 100% pure data feed from any company.But the power I would like to have with me is that once I notice some discrepency in data I should be able to manually correct it rather that wasting endless time with the support .And amibroker + esignal gives u that power.U cant do that either with metastock+qc ,neither with AMIbroker+mdp,but only with AMI+esignal.

linkon7

well there was no need for linkon to call people who really had an harrowing expereience with mdp as quibbling children.If he has'nt faced any problem ,then goodluck to him.But what I can tell from my experience is that even the most expensive datafeed as quotecenter comes with some bad/missing ticks.So I now do not expect that I will be having access to 100% pure data feed from any company.But the power I would like to have with me is that once I notice some discrepency in data I should be able to manually correct it rather that wasting endless time with the support .And amibroker + esignal gives u that power.U cant do that either with metastock+qc ,neither with AMIbroker+mdp,but only with AMI+esignal.
If u are happy with E-signal, then that's great...! If you have the power now to manually correct any discrepancy with the data, that's excellent. I never subscribed Esignal and hence cant comment on their service. I have been using MDP for 3 months now and i never had any harrowing experience and i am vouching for that.

I have heard that Meta has limitations in terms of the qty of data it can handle and that creates problems with MDP format for feeding data. Since i havn't personally used meta, i cant vouch for that, but with amibroker, the data transfer is seamless. I can definitely vouch for that.

question is, what makes my review paid and worthless while your assessment perfect. MDP didnt pay me anything and i am sure esignal is not giving u any discount either.

I was just checking ur past post and all of them are in this thread only. You seem to have some real bad experience with MDP. I am just curious, how long have u used MDP before deciding that their service is not trust worthy. Also please mention if u are a meta / ami user...

The reason i am asking this is because I rate RK Global's services as poor and love Indiabull's services. But i continue to use R K Global because the break even is low and i trade good volumes. Even if odin freezes sometimes, I just live with it... End of the day, money saved is money earned....

Last edited:

pkgmtnl

If u are happy with E-signal, then that's great...! If you have the power now to manually correct any discrepancy with the data, that's excellent. I never subscribed Esignal and hence cant comment on their service. I have been using MDP for 3 months now and i never had any harrowing experience and i am vouching for that.

I have heard that Meta has limitations in terms of the qty of data it can handle and that creates problems with MDP format for feeding data. Since i havn't personally used meta, i cant vouch for that, but with amibroker, the data transfer is seamless. I can definitely vouch for that.

question is, what makes my review paid and worthless while your assessment perfect. MDP didnt pay me anything and i am sure esignal is not giving u any discount either.

I was just checking ur past post and all of them are in this thread only. You seem to have some real bad experience with MDP. I am just curious, how long have u used MDP before deciding that their service is not trust worthy. Also please mention if u are a meta / ami user...

The reason i am asking this is because I rate RK Global's services as poor and love Indiabull's services. But i continue to use R K Global because the break even is low and i trade good volumes. Even if odin freezes sometimes, I just live with it... End of the day, money saved is money earned....
Dear Linkon ji,
It is learnt that U have been using it for 3months, but I have been using for almost a year. I dnt find problem with MDP. Now, I am sure U may not require to search for any alternative RT data vendor anymore.

Here, few people try to rate MDP third rate (without even using it) but on other hand compare it only with E-Signal.
Also, since U have praised MDP so be ready for some brick bats too.

Yes RKG Odin freezes, I am also their client. I have come to know about some flexTerm trading terminal is offered by several brokers, its learnt to b very fast (not used yet).

I have used mdp with both meta and ami,with meta the problem is not that it cant handle the quantity of data,the problem is that mdp plugin is not optimised for meta and even mdp's support will tell u that.Meta does'nt allow internal refreshing from 3rd party plugins,as a result every time the data updates ,the whole chart screen blinks,which is absolutely not desirable and irritating.
no the question is what makes ur analysis profound and others as quibbling children.
I was just checking ur past post and all of them are in this thread only. You seem to have some real bad experience with MDP. I am just curious, how long have u used MDP before deciding that their service is not trust worthy.
Also please mention if u are a meta / ami user..
how long!read my first post @page 7.If u would have read my post carefully enough u would have know I am now onto amibroker+esignal.Yeah I used their service for 5 days and the amount of data discrepancies I reported to their support led me being blacklisted by them.Just give u one example (this is the only one I remember now) .22nd jan-2010 Essar oil,check out the difference b/w the volumes as seen between daily and intraday charts.

with missing data and bad ticks u can loose ur money anytime w/o even knowing.I was able to identify such large no of data discrpencies because I was already subscribed to Meta+quotecenter during the trial period.Unfortunately most mdp users have no means to compare whether they are getting cahews or peanuts in the name of cashew.
In the end I would say just one thing that if u are an amateur player than there is no harm in using such feed,because its like the pirated movie DVD's u get at the road crossings,but if u are a connoisseur u would buy the original Dvd .Hope u got my point.No hard feelings:clapping:

linkon7

I have used mdp with both meta and ami,with meta the problem is not that it cant handle the quantity of data,the problem is that mdp plugin is not optimised for meta and even mdp's support will tell u that.Meta does'nt allow internal refreshing from 3rd party plugins,as a result every time the data updates ,the whole chart screen blinks,which is absolutely not desirable and irritating.

no the question is what makes ur analysis profound and others as quibbling children.

how long!read my first post @page 7.If u would have read my post carefully enough u would have know I am now onto amibroker+esignal.Yeah I used their service for 5 days and the amount of data discrepancies I reported to their support led me being blacklisted by them.Just give u one example (this is the only one I remember now) .22nd jan-2010 Essar oil,check out the difference b/w the volumes as seen between daily and intraday charts.

with missing data and bad ticks u can loose ur money anytime w/o even knowing.I was able to identify such large no of data discrpencies because I was already subscribed to Meta+quotecenter during the trial period.Unfortunately most mdp users have no means to compare whether they are getting cahews or peanuts in the name of cashew.
In the end I would say just one thing that if u are an amateur player than there is no harm in using such feed,because its like the pirated movie DVD's u get at the road crossings,but if u are a connoisseur u would buy the original Dvd .Hope u got my point.No hard feelings:clapping:
You really are the flag bearer of the i-hate-mdp club...! best of luck... ! Hope u are happy with quotecenter and thats all that matters....!

I'm happy with MDP and that all that matters to me...!

p.s. : I'm a amateur player..happy with my pirated dvd...! :D

You really are the flag bearer of the i-hate-mdp club...! best of luck... ! Hope u are happy with quotecenter and thats all that matters....!

I'm happy with MDP and that all that matters to me...!

p.s. : I'm a amateur player..happy with my pirated dvd...! :D
u again lost it.I am using esignal and not quotecenter.I do not hate mdp,its not that big a company ,I just placed the facts.And if u are an amateur than dont call more experienced people as quibbling children.And hope to see u cheerleading for mdp in future.:thumb:

linkon7

u again lost it.I am using esignal and not quotecenter.I do not hate mdp,its not that big a company ,I just placed the facts.And if u are an amateur than dont call more experienced people as quibbling children.And hope to see u cheerleading for mdp in future.:thumb:
good for u...:clap:
As long as u are happy with e-signal everyone who uses MDP are happy...:thumb:

McNish

Hey guys , grow up. Why r v fighting each other for a third person? Let people say what they have to say. We live in a democratic country and this is a very democratic forum, thus we have the freedom to express our views about our experiences!
Whatever I wrote, I wrote out of my experience. It may not be the same for others and that is for the individual to perceive. But I can't undo what has transpired. In my opinion, take MDP trial and be definitely prepared for a roller coaster ride both with the data and the support. The former is a limitation with technology, the later is human limitation. Both need a lot of improvement.
What one can also do is to cross check the data with some other reliable data source and see the error himself. As for the support, I have already said enough, but please don't take my word for it and have a first hand experience yourself at your own cost. Lessons learnt the hard way have the highest recall factor!

I know very well that this post will find it's way to MDP people, so here's a word of advise for them, and please take it in good spirits - See for yourself why U may have unsatisfactory clients instead of asking such clients to discontinue with your services. Believe me, u r not the only vendor and we r not the only clients but the competition should always be with ones own self if one wants to be ahead of the competition. If one knows what to look for, it's easier to find it! So first know what to look for and u will find it I'm sure.

And hey brother Linkon, this is not a hate club and I'm no amateur with comps and markets and technology. My review is purely mine and I can grantee u had u been in my place and the events had transpired like they did, you wouldn't differ with me. But I still went ahead and subscribed with them and they annoyed me even more. I'm sure even u won't have answers for the errors in their data. How about adjusted splits data? Have u managed it yet? If the support has any satisfactory answer to it, why did they not tell me when I asked them about it rather than get around the query? I know my post was very strongly worded, so who's to be blamed? Me for writing the post or my experience with them? I have not written what happened after I put up the post. If I let u know, u'll loose all or any praise you might have for them. And please brother, don't give me the excuse of not having used their services long enough. I'm pretty sure u'r as good as me or even better in spotting a "Jack Ass" when we see one. U don't need weeks or months for that. It's good u don't have issues with them. Actually that's the way it ought to be when you pay good money. I'm happy for u for that. All in goodwill for you. No offence intended to any member.

Now a question for the thread - If RKG's ODIN is the issues, can substituting it with another brokers ODIN Diet resolve it? Please leave aside the issue of brokerage for the sake of discussion for data. Thus a stable ODIN Diet compatible with Chartsdata should give u an optimal data sync system for Ami. Never used MS. Please post your comments.