BSE Intraday Downlaoder.

Hi
JDM,

1st of all thanks for your great BSE intraday worksheet.

But i just want to know, if it's possible to have intraday data of all individual stocks.

Regards
Punit

jdm

hi punit,
yes it is possible, but need to have another worksheet. but since intraday data is available from the yahoo group bse-nse2005, the need for further data source is futile.

cheers,
jdm.

Hi folks,
thanks for the support you have shown for my worksheet BSE EOD Downlaoder.

it further inspire me to present you with the Intraday version. however one can download only the sensex data.

since i use it along with hyperserver i intentionally used the yahoo code of sensex. the main constrain of the worksheet is one cannot use it during the market hours. blame the bse'walas guys. but then great stuff to do homework.

HELP
press CNTL + SHIFT + D

data compatible with metastock. just put use of the downloader.

cheers,
jdm.
Hi

You seem to be a samaritan. Keep up the good work

I am very much interested in technical analysis. However I am a total Novice to this business of techinical analysis. I have downloaded F charts SE from http://www.spacejock.com/FreechartsSE.html

Since there is some learning curve associated with most software, for the moment I'm planning to stick to F charts - unless you have a software to use these intra day data that you have posted ...

For a low level user like me The software is more than good but for backfill, it will only download those symbols where the entire symbol length WITH the .NS suffix is less than 12 characters. So I am stuck without any backfill data for those stock where the TOTAL LENGTH of the symbol with the .NS extension is more than 12 characters - say for e.g. BANNKBARODA.NS

Request : would you know How to solve this problem ? else could you forward my query to any of your friends who can help me solve this problem

Thanks in advance
Best regards

vinayak

jdm

Hi

You seem to be a samaritan. Keep up the good work

I am very much interested in technical analysis. However I am a total Novice to this business of techinical analysis. I have downloaded F charts SE from http://www.spacejock.com/FreechartsSE.html

Since there is some learning curve associated with most software, for the moment I'm planning to stick to F charts - unless you have a software to use these intra day data that you have posted ...

For a low level user like me The software is more than good but for backfill, it will only download those symbols where the entire symbol length WITH the .NS suffix is less than 12 characters. So I am stuck without any backfill data for those stock where the TOTAL LENGTH of the symbol with the .NS extension is more than 12 characters - say for e.g. BANNKBARODA.NS

Request : would you know How to solve this problem ? else could you forward my query to any of your friends who can help me solve this problem

Thanks in advance
Best regards

vinayak
hi vinayak,
couldn't get you properly, but what i could gather,

in case of EOD
yahoo symbols for NSE scrips are to a max of 9 digit plus the ".NS" suffix. for example "BANKBARODA" will have a yahoo code of "BANKBAROD.NS". so downloading EOD prices using the Backfill option from yahoo wont be a problem.

in case of Intraday data from BSE-NSE yahoo group
the data from the said yahoo group is basically designed to run on amibroker (www.amibroker.com) and importing the data, in FCharts, where the ticker length is more than 12 digit is a problem.
you can import the data, whose ticker length is more than 12 digits into excel, and edit the same to suit your needs. a painstaking one but you could automate the process using macro.

hope any other member could through light on this issue.

cheers,
jdm.

hi punit,
yes it is possible, but need to have another worksheet. but since intraday data is available from the yahoo group bse-nse2005, the need for further data source is futile.

cheers,
jdm.
Hi JDM,

bse-nse2005 is unable to supply regulary intraday data since last two week. Therefore I request you to please supply Intraday Data Excel Worksheet.

Regards,

(moneypick)

hi vinayak,
couldn't get you properly, but what i could gather,

in case of EOD
yahoo symbols for NSE scrips are to a max of 9 digit plus the ".NS" suffix. for example "BANKBARODA" will have a yahoo code of "BANKBAROD.NS". so downloading EOD prices using the Backfill option from yahoo won't be a problem.

[..........]

cheers,
jdm.
Hi

Thanks for the reply

I just checked the NSE site at for bank of Baroda's symbol
it is BANKBARODA!! and not 9 digits it is 10 digits. With the suffix .Ns it becomes 13 digits and has consistently been blank on my F charts !!!

alternative
-------------------------------
If this is NOT workable are there any OTHER DOWNLOAD SITES THAT I CAN USE with F charts SE ?

are there BSE data available for F charts ? at least BSE has some company numbers and I can use the company numbers

regards

murthymsr

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I just checked the NSE site at for bank of Baroda's symbol
it is BANKBARODA!! and not 9 digits it is 10 digits. With the suffix .Ns it becomes 13 digits and has consistently been blank on my F charts !!!

alternative
-------------------------------
If this is NOT workable are there any OTHER DOWNLOAD SITES THAT I CAN USE with F charts SE ?

are there BSE data available for F charts ? at least BSE has some company numbers and I can use the company numbers

regards
hi vinayak,

the nse symbol for bank of baroda is 'bankbaroda' (10chars) only.

the old yahoo symbol was 'bob.ns for nse & bob.bo for bse. yahoo had the practice of abbreviating all company names to a max of 4 chars at that time and use the exchange suffixes '.ns' for 'nse' & '.bo' for bse.

as many TA software used yahoo data, they too adopted the same nomenclature.

the new yahoo symbol is 'bankbarod.ns' for nse & '532134.bo' for bse. at this point, yahoo took a deviation from the earlier practice. now nse symbol is the first 9 chars of nse symbol followed by the exchange sufffix. yahoo had the limitation of 12 chars for the entire symbol, out of which 3 (example '.ns' ) are reserved for exchange and what remains is 9 chars.

for bse, they have shifted to the bse numerical symbol followed by the exchange code.

there is nothing special about the symbol. it is just a abbreviation/shortcut to a company name. then which one should one use? well, the answer is anyone, consistently the same. once you select the data source for eod & intraday, the choices are fixed by the source. for obvious reasons, you would like to have the same symbol for eod data & intraday data.

yahoo is still a popular intraday data source. you have more intraday data retreival software based on yahoo data than other sources/ formats. and nse & bse sites are the natural & reliable data sources. so eod data download/ convertion utilities prefer to get eod data from the exchanges & convert the symbols to yahoo format & the data format will be as required by the TA software.

TA software has the ability to get from within the program to get & display the data/ chart for the selected stock. for this reason it will be better that all symbols may be based on yahoo's current symbols standard.

coming to your question of selecting the data source for FCharts, you may use the various downloader/ converters provided within the forum.

http://www.traderji.com/54514-post1.html

by this way you have the ability to choose the format & download for the period required by you. if your hard disc data is corrupted for any reason, you may download it again. and everything is within your control.

all the best.
MurthyMSR

jdm

Hi JDM,

bse-nse2005 is unable to supply regulary intraday data since last two week. Therefore I request you to please supply Intraday Data Excel Worksheet.

Regards,

(moneypick)
hi moneypick,

yeah man, i am aware of the bse-nse2005 problem.

i am working on a worksheet that will provide intraday data for bse stocks also, although a very rudimentary one. will release it soon.

cheers,
jdm.