BSE Intraday Downlaoder.

rkgoyal_98

Dear JDM,

Thanks for the updated downloader. It has been working great till now. I was using this utility since a month now and it had been a great work.

I have noticed few things that can be improved in future.

1 Each scrip there is a last line where scrip code is there and then ,,,,, without any price. Though there is no problem with this too but in future you may code so as to delete this line.

2. In some of the scrips if there is only 1-2 ticks in the day the file makes some lines with 0 in each line. The number of lines generated are 65000+
I am enclosing one such file with this. You may look into it

Once again Congrats for a great work

Rajeev

Last edited:

jdm

hi rajeev,
well cant say much about those. it seems just some noise (i cant get a better name ) are getting downloaded. i get these only on rare occations.

hope except this everything works fine.

cheers,
jdm.

P.S. - you are doing a great job by uploading the data on a daily basis. keep the good work.

Hi folks,
thanks for the support you have shown for my worksheet BSE EOD Downlaoder.

it further inspire me to present you with the Intraday version. however one can download only the sensex data.

since i use it along with hyperserver i intentionally used the yahoo code of sensex. the main constrain of the worksheet is one cannot use it during the market hours. blame the bse'walas guys. but then great stuff to do homework.

HELP
press CNTL + SHIFT + D

data compatible with metastock. just put use of the downloader.

launched the BSE Intraday Downloader for individual scripts.

now 50 scripts can be downloaded at one go
the data is in ASCII Text. thus all major Charting software can access the data.

one can import as many scripts as he/she wants
fixed some bugs

cheers,
jdm.
How much time it will take to download the data for all existing scripts availiable in excel sheet attached ..............from year 1991 to till date.

Thanks
Softtouch?

jdm

How much time it will take to download the data for all existing scripts availiable in excel sheet attached ..............from year 1991 to till date.

Thanks
Softtouch?
hi softtouch,
first this thread is meant for the BSE Intraday Downloader, and this worksheet downloads bse intraday data for the day only.

for EOD data please refer to the this link.
http://www.traderji.com/software/7104-bse-eod-downloader.html

the BSE EOD Downloader currently downloads upto 50 scripts at one go, i am yet to upgrade it. so till then you have to do some hard work.

the speed at which the data gets downloads depends on the speed of one's net connection and also the speed of one's computer among other things. the data download is very fast, faster than most of the software i have come accross (remember none downloads data as far as 1991, atleast i have not come accross any).

cheers,
jdm.

Dear Jdm.

I dont have words to express my regards! What a wonderful job you have done. It's a gggggggggggggggggggggggggggreat............job though it is not received due Popularity and rewards.

With current BSE intraday downloader only current day data can be downloded. I have one request for you Why dont you include an option to download Intraday data for any given date.

Many members will appreciate you if you can provide NSE INTRADAY DATA DOWNLODER.

Your work is simply great! KEEP IT UP

MY email [email protected]

jdm

Dear Jdm.

I dont have words to express my regards! What a wonderful job you have done. It's a gggggggggggggggggggggggggggreat............job though it is not received due Popularity and rewards.
hi ppvsin,
thanks for the kind word. when i look around i find so many people contributing so much, thats enough rewarding for me.

With current BSE intraday downloader only current day data can be downloded. I have one request for you Why dont you include an option to download Intraday data for any given date.
well cant do much on that. basically depends on how much backfill the data source has. unfortunately its for the day only. anyway rajeev (rkgoyel_98) is uploading each days data in 4shared.com it does solve many issues.

Many members will appreciate you if you can provide NSE INTRADAY DATA DOWNLODER.
well lets see what i can do. just give me some time.

Your work is simply great! KEEP IT UP

MY email [email protected]
thanks again.

cheers,
jdm.

Hi JD,

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

I have one request, can is this possible to insert AUTOrefresh code in your excel sheet.

What is yahoo link to download intraday quotes. I want to replace bse link to yahoo link.

Are you disable the option reg. receive private message. Pl check.

Regard,

(moneypick)

jdm

Hi JD,

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

I have one request, can is this possible to insert AUTOrefresh code in your excel sheet.

What is yahoo link to download intraday quotes. I want to replace bse link to yahoo link.

Are you disable the option reg. receive private message. Pl check.

Regard,

(moneypick)
ohh i havent disabled my PM, but its disabled :eek:

anyway, have enabled it.

ohh i havent disabled my PM, but its disabled :eek:

anyway, have enabled it.
Hi JDM..

Great job man.. Not too many people would take so much time out to help others.

I tried using the intraday downloader today, but it always gives the error "Could not detect net connection".. Any ideas as to why this would happen?? (I am always connected through broadband..)

Rgrds

AB