BSE Intraday Downlaoder.

rkgoyal_98

Dear JDM

Hello

Thanks for the prompt reply i have setup the downloader to get intraday data for all scrips on NSE in tha margin list. M idea was to further expand the lis to include up to bse 200. I am looking for scrip codes for BSE 100, 200 in excel sheet if you ca possibly help. After this we can make a new group and post daily data for almost 200+ scrips. I want to do this because sometime the scrips in futures are changed and we will have advantage with this.

One more thing i was trying to setup CoolRC for live data from yahoo. however i am not able to make it run. Can you please tell more about it

Thanks
Rajeev

jdm

Dear JDM

Hello

Thanks for the prompt reply i have setup the downloader to get intraday data for all scrips on NSE in tha margin list. M idea was to further expand the lis to include up to bse 200. I am looking for scrip codes for BSE 100, 200 in excel sheet if you ca possibly help. After this we can make a new group and post daily data for almost 200+ scrips. I want to do this because sometime the scrips in futures are changed and we will have advantage with this.

One more thing i was trying to setup CoolRC for live data from yahoo. however i am not able to make it run. Can you please tell more about it

Thanks
Rajeev
hi rajeev,
i am uploading bse script code originally uploaded by satish. many symbol might have been changed during this time so take care of that.

you can put up a question in coools thread about CoolRC.

cheers,
jdm.

rkgoyal_98

Dear JDM

hello

BSE Intraday is working fine and i can say only that this marvelous sheet i have seen. Simply great piece. I was also wondering that can we do something so that we can put in Scrip Codes instead Name. I amd suggesting this because many a times with cange in the name of the company name that is to be fed is also changed. However code is never changed. This will helf in less no. of errors.

And can you tell what kind of problem is there on NSE downloader.

Thanks
Rajeev

jdm

Dear JDM

hello

BSE Intraday is working fine and i can say only that this marvelous sheet i have seen. Simply great piece. I was also wondering that can we do something so that we can put in Scrip Codes instead Name. I amd suggesting this because many a times with cange in the name of the company name that is to be fed is also changed. However code is never changed. This will helf in less no. of errors.

And can you tell what kind of problem is there on NSE downloader.

Thanks
Rajeev
hi rajeev,
thanks.

yeah script code would be fine, but then the the data source does not support script code.

about nse, we got the link, but couldn't get the data imported.

cheers,
jdm.

rkgoyal_98

Hi JDM

Thanks for the quick reply. Since BSE data has to be downloaded only with ID instead of code and BSE site gives ID only on Scrip Search page i was thinking can we think of another utility where by we can download Scrip Code, Scrip Name and scrip ID on the basis of list of codes give from time to tims. The list provide by you was fine but with change in names many ID were required to be changed. With such a tool we can download the fresh list any time. I can work on this if you can give me little hint on coding. I tried to connect excel through web query but could not make much head way.

Rajeev

Thanks

Rajeev

jdm

hi rajeev,
try this
go to the query (hope you are using excel) and put in this link

http://www.bseindia.com/qresann/cressearch_1.asp?myscrip=a&flag=sh

in the 2nd option (in the query field) choose the "One or more specific tables on the page"

this will enable the text box where you need to put "6".

and do the query.

this will download the all the script codes, company name and script id of companies which starts with a.

to download the complete list, change the a in the link (as highlighted below) as needed.

http://www.bseindia.com/qresann/cressearch_1.asp?myscrip=a&flag=sh

don't know how satish did the work, neither can say if there is any better option available.

hope this helps.

cheers,
jdm.

rkgoyal_98

Hello,

Thanks JDM for an instant reply. You are doing a wonderful job. I have not worked much on excel and was just trying through Get external data link and then inserting the query and i could not find further options there but with help of your lint i found that if we use l a list of about 5000 companies is thrown as each company is having LTD of Limited in name in the end and that gave me good enough data to process.

Now a few thoughts for BSE INTRADAY Downloader.

It is just a great piece since this is only software that can help us to bring intraday data of each scrip on BSE after market is closed and moreover we can do it in night when download charges are almost free that save a lot of Money. Moreover during the day since we working with a few selective scrips we need fast internet so data collection is not possible. It Help us most in case we are away from desk during the day and come back late in evening to get data without interruption. I will say a master piece.

We can make a few changes in this

1. Since we don't know if data for all scrips has been downloaded or not if there is any change in the name what i was doing was to count files in downloaded directory. A better way can be if count can be placed in popup that says Cheers in the end. May be u have to write a bit of code for this. I think it can be possible. This can hel us if all he file ar not downloaded to now which code is wrong and finding the same from BSE site and re-run after putting in correct code. It can also help in case no data is there for a particular scrip due to no trade, as it terminate at that point.

2. As you have earlier told that data on BSE is available with Scrip Name only, as such Scrip Code will not come from data automatically. But can we introduce Scrip Code by Keeping the same column B of the excel sheet and while writing text fiile this code is added in the text file. Can be useful for organizing our data in Amibroker and Metastock.

3. Can we increase the number to 100 from 50 now

A new Idea

Can we use yahoo finance charts site to download similar data for NSE as yahoo is having data for even 5 days. 1 Day chart is almost similar to Bse Charts.

Regards

Rajeev

jdm

Hello,

Thanks JDM for an instant reply. You are doing a wonderful job. I have not worked much on excel and was just trying through Get external data link and then inserting the query and i could not find further options there but with help of your lint i found that if we use l a list of about 5000 companies is thrown as each company is having LTD of Limited in name in the end and that gave me good enough data to process.

hi rajeev,
you can have a no. of wayout in downloading the script codes, i basically gave five minutes try. just busy a bit these days :)

Now a few thoughts for BSE INTRADAY Downloader.

It is just a great piece since this is only software that can help us to bring intraday data of each scrip on BSE after market is closed and moreover we can do it in night when download charges are almost free that save a lot of Money. Moreover during the day since we working with a few selective scrips we need fast internet so data collection is not possible. It Help us most in case we are away from desk during the day and come back late in evening to get data without interruption. I will say a master piece.
thanks for the kind words.

We can make a few changes in this

1. Since we don't know if data for all scrips has been downloaded or not if there is any change in the name what i was doing was to count files in downloaded directory. A better way can be if count can be placed in popup that says Cheers in the end. May be u have to write a bit of code for this. I think it can be possible. This can hel us if all he file ar not downloaded to now which code is wrong and finding the same from BSE site and re-run after putting in correct code. It can also help in case no data is there for a particular scrip due to no trade, as it terminate at that point.
well all related how you handled the errors. i have fixed many bugs (not released yet) and some issues are yet to be solved. but then the moot question that bugged me is - whether to stick in excel vba or graduate the same to a full fledge software. the later seems more promising.

2. As you have earlier told that data on BSE is available with Scrip Name only, as such Scrip Code will not come from data automatically. But can we introduce Scrip Code by Keeping the same column B of the excel sheet and while writing text fiile this code is added in the text file. Can be useful for organizing our data in Amibroker and Metastock.
added to wishlist, but not sure of the same.

3. Can we increase the number to 100 from 50 now
no probs. i just set a limit of 50.

A new Idea

Can we use yahoo finance charts site to download similar data for NSE as yahoo is having data for even 5 days. 1 Day chart is almost similar to Bse Charts.
basically its all about the link and how to do the same. again the data quality is also a matter of concern. will have to look into it.

well to sum it up, many imporvements can be done. but basically the BSE Downloader meant for newbies, who initially cannot afford the high costs. but as we graduate its always better to opt a professional vendor, not just to get the data but rather to change the mindset which most of us have.

cheers,
jdm.