Come into the Trader's Den

stock72

Yes Anurag, I know this will be difficult / not possible to record intraday trades (unless there is some software or dummy accounts) and hence I mentioned the same thing earlier. So at best we can have overnight trades or higher TF trades. Also most importantly through this one thing what we can demonstrate to lot of struggling traders (primarily intraday traders) that good money can be made in larger TF with more ease and less anxiety.

I we all brainstorm here then we can possibly arrive at some accetable model where many of us can participate. I am a bad techie hence will need help from members here on this front. Let us see how many ideas we get here on this subject and how we can carry it forward.

Regards,
is that the moneycontrol's moneybhai dot com not ok to conduct this game ?

tnsn2345

is that the moneycontrol's moneybhai dot com not ok to conduct this game ?
Great, S'72 sets the ball rolling.

I haven't seen moneycontrol's moneybhai account. Does it include provision for all instruments like stocks, stock FnO and index FnO? Also can it consider Short positions?

Most importanlty we will need to incorporate perforamance and evaluation parameters. And it will much thorough than just absolute portfolio return. If this website has such or similar features than we can certainly use it.

People who have seen /used this account may please comment.

Regards,

tnsn2345

Oh...oh...seems not many are interested in pursuing this. So Linkon, any idea how you would like to carry on or make this thing happen. Currently it seems there are two participants, you and me, we can invite some other members to join in. Whay say you, how do we go about it???

Regards,

anuragmunjal

Oh...oh...seems not many are interested in pursuing this. So Linkon, any idea how you would like to carry on or make this thing happen. Currently it seems there are two participants, you and me, we can invite some other members to join in. Whay say you, how do we go about it???

Regards,
hi Tnsn

not two....three, even I am game...my only issue being...as stated earlier... I am in and out of a trade at times even intraday...on other occasions I may carry my position fr a few days..how to record the intraday trades??

regards

tnsn2345

hi Tnsn

not two....three, even I am game...my only issue being...as stated earlier... I am in and out of a trade at times even intraday...on other occasions I may carry my position fr a few days..how to record the intraday trades??

regards
Dear Anurag,

Without a second thought you were on the top of the invitees list. :)

But this still seems to be in a nascent stage. How do we register and monitor, we will need so standardisation to do this. Are you aware for Moneycontrolbhai.com as mentioned in earlier posts? Can it help us here.

I think inputs from traders like you, Linkon, Oilman, AW, SM, SK, ST and other friends we can certainly create something to kick on. And I think it will be good experience for all of us participating and readers to learn and unlearn. Also the fun involved will be a bonus. So let us do some brainstorming to make this happen.

One of my trading portfolio is intraday too, (so I think such trades may not the part of this game - I do not know if there is some tool to capture them too :) ). Largely higher TF trades or overnight trades can be registered and that is where (IMO) you can call it a portfolio management. Intraday is our 'daily wages'. Larger TF is wealth creation.

Regards,

Last edited:

Placebo

Need Some Info

Perhaps this is not the right place to post this but this is one of the most visited threads here so i'm posting this.

While using Sharekhan there are two horizontal lines constructed by default.

One is a dotted line and the other one is a ------ line. Does anyone know what these two horizontal lines represent ??

Cheers

columbus

Placebo,you will find the reply in trade tiger of Sharekhan.

Last edited:

anuragmunjal

Friends
going thru today's newspaper, found an interesting article by Paulo Coelho..could relate to it , hence sharing it here...

"A warrior of light needs patience and speed at the same time.the two biggest mistakes of this strategy are to act ahead of time and to let the oppertunity pass away.
to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as unique and not applicable to formulae,recipes or opinion of others. the Caliph Moauiyat once asked Ben Omr Al-Aas what the secret of his great political skill was.
and this was the response:
I never got into a situation without having previously studied the withdrawl; on the other hand, I never went in and wanted to just run away."

regards

AW10

Don't we know that importance of Patience for a trader. By nature, some of us can demonstrate it well and others struggle to find that they collected 10 tick of profit on 100 tick trend. It is lot more to do with our psychology of "Delaying Gratification".

Plz Watch this video by Joachim de Posada, man behind "don't eat that marshmallow ... yet"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0yhHKWUa0g

Think for a moment - How collecting profit for a trader, is different from a marshmallow for a 4 yr old kid ? When Patience can be taught to kids, then why can't we learn it?

Hope this will give you some pointers to improve yourself, or atleast you can develop your childrens with this important psychological ingredient for their future. (research has shown that People with Patience are more successful then others).

Enjoy it