Creating wealth with 25000...impossible?? No...possible

kkseal

One question to Asishda, Ratan & other traders

What is the maximum amt that you think you can handle & deploy profitably (considering slippage, trade management etc.) in day/swing trading?

Can one really trade short term with 100 Crs?

Regards

columbus

One question to Asishda, Ratan & other traders

What is the maximum amt that you think you can handle & deploy profitably (considering slippage, trade management etc.) in day/swing trading?

Can one really trade short term with 100 Crs?

Regards
5 lots of nifty at any point in the day. Considering Nifty at 4000,
that amounts to 5*4000*50*1/10=1,00,000.[50 is lot size,1/10 is
the margin held by the broker.]Considering 220 days in year ,the
amount totals to 220 lakhs ,in margin or 2.2 Crores in margin or
220 crores in total Turnover.

Am I right with my math?

devangan123

OK now sit back & take a break nothing is Lost,this is not you competing with yourself but you improving over your past you.
Looking forward to your posts.
DA

I joined this forum in March and since than first time I am seeing you appreciating some wrong thing .

If a trader is trading with such a stop loss that 75 % of capital is swiped off then he must be warned as a younger brother like , Look brother this is not the correct way . Stock market is like a Python if you do not try to come out wrong situation early than this python will cover you completely.

I am saying all this because this is what i have leaned from you only since March

Please forgive me If i misinterpreted your post

Devan

pasha

When NIFTY was trading in 4200 range then the lower Nifty Puts (3800, 3700, 3600 ........... puts )were available for trading.But today Nifty Puts below 3300 were not there.That means NSE firmly believes NIFTY does not go below 3300?
There were no strike prices at 3300 or below, in puts or calls for quite some time. Even more amazing is the fact that very few seem to have noticed it.
No matter what the NSE believes, ATM and OTM strikes must be made available on either side.
Would love to know the real reason for the lack of lower strikes.

kkseal

5 lots of nifty at any point in the day. Considering Nifty at 4000,
that amounts to 5*4000*50*1/10=1,00,000.[50 is lot size,1/10 is
the margin held by the broker.]Considering 220 days in year ,the
amount totals to 220 lakhs ,in margin or 2.2 Crores in margin or
220 crores in total Turnover.

Am I right with my math?
My question was not on turnover, rather how much capital one can profitably deploy (while maintaining ones current ROI) over a period which is ones normal trading timeframe (single day for intraday trader, 3-5 days for swing trader).

The answer to that question in your case is 1lk.

But supposing you had 10crs at your disposal Would you be able to deploy it the same way (or perhaps ina different way - through multiple securities for e.g. - assuming you could still manage your trades) you deploy your 1lk today? If so, would your ROI still be the same??

And what if the amount was 100 Crs??

Regards

columbus

My question was not on turnover, rather how much capital one can profitably deploy (while maintaining ones current ROI) over a period which is ones normal trading timeframe (single day for intraday trader, 3-5 days for swing trader).

But supposing you had 10crs at your disposal Would you be able to deploy it the same way (or perhaps ina different way - through multiple securities for e.g. - assuming you could still manage your trades) you deploy your 1lk today? If so, would your ROI still be the same??

Regards

In case of a Day trader the question of MTM does not come into picture.But in case of swing trading MTM comes into picture.It is better to to have 20%~25% set apart for MTM purposes.

That means 8 crores can be deployed for futures alone and rest of the money can be set free or buy securities for 2 crores which may have to be sold in case there is a shortfall in MTM.

U

uasish

Regards
Every Trader Dreams,i also do,Rs 100 Crs !!! at my disposal is infact a dream.
Many may term this Dreaminig to be unpractical,the only thing that always Awed me is the Terrorist's dedication & focus.They cant do it without Dreaming.
Kalyan the impact of putting even a 10 Cr (margin money) order on the most liquid Nifty Fut,having very less impact cost,will still not give me the fill in my desired Price.
That is the precise reason why these Smart Monies RUN our Stops,to get their Fill.
That is why they Buy in Downtrend & Sell in Uptrend.

Arbitragging can take care of few 100 crores.

A swing trade in Nifty Derivatives has some inherent other inbuilt Risk (which you will understand,like interest rates fluctuation in the series,sudden downgrade in Ratings,etc)
so to mitigate that some more counter trades,
even to keep the Delta Neutral constant every day some more trades,
so it boils down to few counter trades ,which will eventually be shot at one go and by which my Profit percentage may come down but more or less assured monthly return,thats why these guys gives so importance of Over Performing Index.