Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Hi Josh,
Congratulations on making this very useful utility. I am using it to fetch data from NOW. However it seems that the NowBackfil is not working for me. As mentioned by you in the documentation after i paste the data (from NEST plus data table to xlsm) and hit the 'Click to start Backfil' button first dialog pops up asking to save the real time amibroker DB then the next dialog box confirming split of date-time column and the final dialog does not appear for me. The data does momentarily go into amibroker but if i change DB the data is lost. The database settings is also set back to EOD instead of TICK after every change of DB. I am saving the DB after every step but somehow the data seems to be lost along with the settings.
There is no dialogue after Date-time splitting. Does it matter if data is imported into Amibroker?
If data gets lost on change of DB, save it thru file menu of Amibroker before change of DB.
As for database setting, RTNow does not change it. It means you have not done settings correctly before starting data-feed. Open database separately from Amibroker and do all the database settings and save it. Thereafter it won't change.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Hello Joshi Ji,

no LIVE DATA ?? anything that I missed??
I use NEST trader.

Waiting..Thank you.
Yes......! You missed the whole Preface chapter of Setup Instructions. Otherwise you would have known which utility is to be used for getting data from Nest. It is certainly not RTNow! Please read the Setup Instructions carefully and do your configuration. You will get live data and charts.

josh1

10. Open MSExcel from Start Menu and then open NowBackfil.xlsm. Do not open by double-click on the file. Click on the Masters Sheet. Correct the Database Path in cell C1 to Your\Database\Path. Save file.

11. Go to the Sheet1. Press Ctrl+V into cell A1 of Sheet1. If Coloumn B shows ###### instead of date, increase its width and you will see date time. You are ready to backfill data. Open separate instance of Excel by clicking on Start - Programs in Windows. Open Nowbackfil.xlsm from File -- open Menu in Excel. Do not open NowBackfil.xlsm by double clicking on it. Paste the copied rows in excel by pressing "Ctrl+V".

12. See image below. Look at the Column B, Excel recognised date time and right aligned it. If it is left aligned, there may be problem.

Click on the Push button "Click me to backfil".

14. A pop-up window will warn you to save database if Realtime feed is running. Go to AmiBroker and save database by Clicking on File and then on Save Database. Thereafter, come back in NowBackfil and click on OK or press Enter.

15. Another Pop-up window will ask you whether you want to split Date and Time into separate columns. Click on "Yes" if they are combined and "No" if Excell has already put them in separate columns.
16. Backfil will be done and you will get message "Data imported".

The above is from the instruction manual. I am not getting these 2 pop-ups which made me suspect that the macro may have failed at some point. Also in point 10 and 11 are we talking about 2 instances of the NOWbackfil.xlsm file OR you are just emphasizing to open the xslm from excel application and not by double clicking the file from its location?
I am emphasizing on opening separate instance of Nowbackfil.xlsm. There is some duplication in the document. I shall correct it and upload.
As for "Data imported" dialogue, I may have removed it to since users wanted to reduce that extra keystroke.

josh1

One more question Is there to way to get NIFTY SPOT data from NOW? I don't think NIFTY spot can be added to market watch.
Nifty spot is not available in NOW. Use RTGoogle or RTYahoo for that, of course in separate instance.

Rishi2u,

It is asking where to get data from. Give reference of cells in Snap.xls or give path to snap.xls by browsing there and selecting that file.
Want to try form TT. Opened RTtiger within same instant of excel and job done...:p:p

ThaNKS for all kindness and Have fun in Mumbai

:thumb::thumb::clap::clap::rofl::rofl:

josh1

Mr.Joshi,
Thank you very much. I saw the simple errors I did and its working for the moment.
Now what I want to understand here and will be glad if you could guide:-
I want to link this running iod data with another 6 months of per min ieod data. For example I can see Mcx Gold 1 min running for today, this day I want to link it with another 6 months of data so I can see a completely streamlined 6 months data for deeper analysis and I can use any choice of time to view since it will all be minimum 1 min data.
How can that be done?? cause right now for 1 min IEOD, I am only getting data from 10th of July from NEST for all NSE scrips
and FOR MCX it is only showing today's data on 1 min IEOD

Thanks a lot again.
See post #1 of this thread for NSE past data. For MCX search data feed section of Traderji. You will have to import data using wizard of Amibroker.

josh1

I saved all the files and DB but still after restart AB opens up a blank DB. My DB settings are as below. Pls help.

1. Created new DB in Amibroker by the name RTDataNow. The DB settings are as below screenshot. Closed AB.
2. Opened RTGoogle in excel Application and clicked start backfill RT data. This opens up AB. I can see new symbols added to the blank DB.
3. Everything works great till the time the trading session ends.
4. I save all the files and DB. File-->Save (all save options) used to save. I close AB.
5. I restart AB RTDataNow is loaded at startup. but it is blank and has no symbols. :(
Did you give correct database in cell B2?
If it is a pirated software or demo version, it will not save.

See post #1 of this thread for NSE past data. For MCX search data feed section of Traderji. You will have to import data using wizard of Amibroker.
Will this work with ninja trader, like nest to ninjatrader 7?

Thanks
Aloakdutt

Status
Not open for further replies.