Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

4candles

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Thanks again for the hint Josh1.

As per your earlier hint i avoided few extra clicks by using the import wizard but continued to rearrange the .csv by inserting Ticker Symbol & changing date format. I did not grasp that ther was more to it.

I have using Ami for around 3 months now & i belive the is more to learn. & with advise from friends around here i'll add more to my knowledge.

Regarding Misleading - I know that you have not used it deliberately & I also know you have used it with good intention but it gave a impression that i am mis guiding. No hard feelings though and thanks again for your support.

nms: i post the procedure in the following comment box.

Regards

4candles

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

To nms

I presume that you know how to .csv export data from TTiger.
1. Once you have exported and saved the data for your select stock, change the name of the file to its ticker symbol (no need to open the file). Check the spelling this should be exact.

2. In AmiBroker go to file > import wizard > Pick files. Select your file > next.
In define fields replace | Column 1 | with DMY, |Column 2 | with time and leave rest of the column as it is. In the box for - Skip first 0 lines replace 0 by 1. Click next.

3. In the next window check box Add current settings to ASCII importer definitions
Input your description give a file name for Format File. (This saves the settings for the current ASCII importer format which you will use from next time onwards.
Click finish and check chart data for the symbol it must have been updated.

4. Now since everything is in place for the next file and other symbols you can directly click on
Flie > Import ASCII > select your file or multiple files & click on open check chart data if updated.

Remember to rename .csv with the correct symbol name.

All the Best and regards

hello sir, since u are an experienced trader for many years.. please tell us which broker do you trade thru? and what is the brokerage for options dat you are paying? thank you sir..

josh1

hello sir, since u are an experienced trader for many years.. please tell us which broker do you trade thru? and what is the brokerage for options dat you are paying? thank you sir..
Please do not digress from subject of this thread.There are threads regarding best cheap brokerages on Traderji. You will get all information there.

i know sir.... but can we find you on in one of those threads...?? all i wanted was your advise on this on what you're using..

Please do not digress from subject of this thread.There are threads regarding best cheap brokerages on Traderji. You will get all information there.
Josh Sir,
Usuing RTnow with odin working very well, one problem sir for the lat seven days spot nifty not shoinw in the watchlist, my broker says spot nifty has name changed and not comming from exchange, is there any other way that I can get spot nifty from other source, pse help sir.

josh1

i know sir.... but can we find you on in one of those threads...?? all i wanted was your advise on this on what you're using..
I use Zerodha. They are cheapest @20 per order if you do only couple of trades per day. For multiple orders, RKSV @1947 per month should be better.

josh1

Josh Sir,
Usuing RTnow with odin working very well, one problem sir for the lat seven days spot nifty not shoinw in the watchlist, my broker says spot nifty has name changed and not comming from exchange, is there any other way that I can get spot nifty from other source, pse help sir.
I am getting S&P CNX Nifty in Nest Trader3. If you are not getting in ODIN, you can use RTYahoo (^NSEI) OR
RTGoogle (NIFTY or .NSEI) simultaneously with RTODIN.

Whichever you choose, open it in separate instance of Excel. That is from Start -- Programs-- MSOffice ............ Excel.

Amibroker Database should be same otherwise you will mess up the whole database.

Hi,
Thanks for your utility.

Working very nice. (RT Google)

I need to have a Google 1 Min Data in your RTGoogle (Since the tick data dont have VOlume)

Can you explain or update the utility with the URL and with backfill.

for backfill iam using the data downloader .(Works very well with this.(tedious) )

Can you update with backfill also.

URL is http://www.google.com/finance/getprices?q=.NSEI&x=NSE&i=60&p=15d&f=d,o,h,l,c,v

Thanks in Advance

Sathis

josh1

Hi,
Thanks for your utility.

Working very nice. (RT Google)

I need to have a Google 1 Min Data in your RTGoogle (Since the tick data dont have VOlume)

Can you explain or update the utility with the URL and with backfill.

for backfill iam using the data downloader .(Works very well with this.(tedious) )

Can you update with backfill also.

URL is http://www.google.com/finance/getprices?q=.NSEI&x=NSE&i=60&p=15d&f=d,o,h,l,c,v

Thanks in Advance

Sathis
1. Backfill is extremly easy. Whichever symbols you have in RTGoogle, copy them to the file "Google Intraday.txt" in DataDownloader Folder. Backfill happens in seconds. Read the Backfill instructions first.

2. I had tested the URL months earlier. It is a couple of minute slower than what I am using. Moreover, this url takes only one symbol at a time. So if you have 30 symbols in your list, there will be 30 queries to internet to get quote for each of them. eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk::eek::eek::mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.