General Elections 2019

What will happen ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Savarkar apologies British several times and seat out from Independence fight then yes. Unlike young Bhagat Singh who refuse to apologise for his act of bombing parliament.

However question here is about “pradhanmantri pad ki garima” which was lost already when Modi lied/faked numbers several times in and out of parliament. Recently he told lies in election rallies about none of congressi going to meet Bhagat Singh when that’s not the fact.
What crime Veer Savarkar has committed (and how many times) that he was sent to Kala Paani.
Also have you seen any record that he sent an apology or it was just a hearsay.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Lok Sabha polls | BJP may need allies to reach majority mark, says Ram Madhav

Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) National General Secretary Ram Madhav has forecast that the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led front will require the support of allies to form the next government at the Centre, according to a report by Bloomberg.

"If we get 271 seats on our own, we will be very happy," Madhav said in an interview with Bloomberg on May 4. "With NDA (National Democratic Alliance), we will have a comfortable majority," Madhav added.

BJP president Amit Shah and other senior leaders have repeatedly said the saffron party will get a full majority on its own.

Madhav told the publication that the party will make up for expected losses in the northern states by gaining seats in the Northeast and eastern states of West Bengal and Odisha.

He said the BJP government would pursue pro-growth policies if it returns to power, adding that it had not shifted to populist cash handouts from its focus on economic reforms.

"We have expanded in eastern India very well — if similar effort had been put into south India also, probably we would have been more comfortable," Madhav said.

"As politicians, we must remember that what we achieved last time, we may not repeat because of anti-incumbency," he added.

In the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, the Modi-led party swept through the Hindi-speaking belt. Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Chandigarh and the National Capital Region (NCR) of Delhi have a total of 226 parliamentary seats. The BJP won 191 of these seats in the previous parliamentary election. Its partners from the NDA won 11 seats there.

However, in December 2018, Congress was able to wrest Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan from the BJP in one-on-one contests in the assembly elections, largely banking on local anti-incumbency and agrarian distress.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/t...ch-majority-mark-says-ram-madhav-3936051.html

RadhuK

Satta Market shows progressive decrease in odds for BJP
Least odds is 0.3r for every rupee bet for BJP getting 230 seats.
This is close to Fibonachi number of 233
and this would be ideal number for BJP.

monkeybusiness

https://www.quora.com/What-surgical-strikes-happened-during-the-Congress-rule

On 5th May 2019 a former Major of ‘Romeo Force’, one of the Counter Insurgency Forces (CIF) stationed at Kashmir, went on social media to share his thoughts on the 6 surgical strikes claimed by Congress.[1]
This is what Major Sudeep Singh had to say:

When I opened yesterday’s newspaper, I found a smiling picture of our former PM Manmohan Singh with the caption - “Surgical strikes had happened in our time as well”. In today’s newspaper I saw Rajiv Shukla sporting the same smile and even listing out the dates and places of the surgical strikes.

This made me recall an old story.

When I was newly commissioned in the army, then as per the tradition I was made to tour all posts of the battalion. One such post was where our bunkers would stand eye-to-eye with the enemy. You could only walk to the post at night. On reaching there I fell asleep due to exhaustion.
Next morning, I woke up to a surprising sight. While our men were dressed up and on guard within the bunker, a Pakistani Subedaar was nonchalantly brushing his teeth out in the open and spitting the water in our direction!

I asked him - “The situation has heated up but you don’t seem to worry?”

He replied - “Yes it has, but after all, we will be the ones to fire the first bullet.”

I retorted - “Why? Can’t we make the first strike?”

The Pak soldier responded - “No. Because if you do that you’ll be court-marshaled, but if I do that then I’ll be awarded medals.”

My army friends will know what I am talking about.
Good that you (Congress) clarified that surgical strikes had happened in your time as well. A more apt term would have been ‘cross-border strikes’. Let me tell you without any inhibition that the surgical strikes were not done by you, but done in spite of you!

We did those strikes even when Government had snatched away our right to send a strong response to our enemies. Even when our hands were tied. Whenever we complained that the enemy is audaciously crossing the borders, attacking our battalions, beheading our soldiers and taking the heads with them… and asked - can we avenge the deaths of our friends who were dining with us until yesterday?
We got the same reply - “No such orders from higher authorities”. After such replies and in our frustration, we took the risky path of carrying out those ‘surgical strikes’ by ourselves.

I would request young determined lawyers or journalists to get to the bottom of these claims by Congress and find the truth -
Did the UPA Government support the army and sanction those strikes?
Or did they reprimand and punish them for giving the enemy a befitting reply?

I felt sad after reading the news and hence decided to share my two cents on it.
You can access his video message (in Hindi) on Facebook in the footnote link below.[2]

In addition to this, three former Chief of Army Staff (COAS) have gone on record to claim that no surgical strikes were carried out or requested or sanctioned by political leadership before 2016.[3]
Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 7.08.16 PM.png

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Supreme Court to hear tomorrow the plea of former BSF constable Tej Bahadur Yadav against the rejection of his nomination from Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Why West Bengal Won’t Compensate BJP for Hindi Heartland Losses
Our prediction is that the BJP’s seat tally could vary between a deficit of one seat and a surplus of four seats, with respect to its performance in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.

The Bharatiya Janata Party’s spectacular victory in the 2014 Lok Sabha election was based on it sweeping most of north, central and west India. In the Hindi heartland states, its tally was 190 out of 225.

From this high point, there were only two ways for the BJP to sustain its hold over power. First, it needed to continue the domination in areas already captured in 2014. Crucially, this meant maintaining the count of seats in the Hindi belt. Second, it had to spread to new areas, which meant winning more seats in south and east India.

In an earlier article we have argued that the party’s first strategy could be in serious trouble. In the six Hindi-speaking states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand, the BJP could lose 75 seats compared to its 2014 tally. In this article, we show that its second strategy to win more seats in the largest state in the east – West Bengal – may only succeed partially, if at all.

West Bengal is an electorally important state in the east; it sends 42 MPs to the Lok Sabha. In 2014, the BJP won only two of these 42 seats, indicating sizeable room for improvement. It is not surprising, therefore, that the party has been paying considerable attention to the state in the recent past.

https://thewire.in/politics/elections-2019-bjp-west-bengal

Status
Not open for further replies.