General Trading Chat

sudoku1

2 many of u,it may sound unpleasing n annoying bt d truth smtimes has a bitter way 2 b spoken of.I come across lots of advice posts since joining TJ in 2007 showcasing as 2 how u shud follow great n successful traders..absolutely right !! Bt let me tell u d most imp thing I learnt all d way thru...if u don't hav your own personal trading rules n skills ,u will never b near ur goals.Following d footsteps of successful traders is fine as long as u r forging ur own skills bt if smone is believing dat he can trade cmfrtably following smone widout taking d pain 2 develop his own trading skills,he is SURE 2 doom 1 day.
If u believed Dat u can trade succesfully , you will find yourself eager 2 achieve it.
You will find yourself learning, taking steps and walking towards it until you reach it.
I hav a great respect for JESSE LIVERMORE n adore n follow his valuable teachings bt only after filtering dem frm my own methods/rules.

He unbuttons his vest; takes a deep breath. Lifting his arm, he pauses momentarily, and then shoots himself in the head. And that’s it: Jesse Livermore is dead....read more

http://investorplace.com/247trader/...m-the-demise-of-jesse-livermore/#.VUIGJE0cSmc

Last edited:

XRAY27

2 many of u,it may sound unpleasing n annoying bt d truth smtimes has a bitter way 2 b spoken of.I come across lots of advice posts since joining TJ in 2007 showcasing as 2 how u shud follow great n successful traders..absolutely right !! Bt let me tell u d most imp thing I learnt all d way thru...if u don't hav your own personal trading rules n skills ,u will never b near ur goals.Following d footsteps of successful traders is fine as long as u r forging ur own skills bt if smone is believing dat he can trade cmfrtably following smone widout taking d pain 2 develop his own trading skills,he is SURE 2 doom 1 day.
If u believed Dat u can trade succesfully , you will find yourself eager 2 achieve it.
You will find yourself learning, taking steps and walking towards it until you reach it.
I hav a great respect for JESSE LIVERMORE n adore n follow his valuable teachings bt only after filtering dem frm my own methods/rules.

He unbuttons his vest; takes a deep breath. Lifting his arm, he pauses momentarily, and then shoots himself in the head. And that’s it: Jesse Livermore is dead....read more

http://investorplace.com/247trader/...m-the-demise-of-jesse-livermore/#.VUIGJE0cSmc
excellent !!!

Guess what I did ?? Sold BNF 18200PE @ 76. Good trade, it kept going down to below 60, but suddenly spiked up. I placed a buy order @72 and it got executed. Good, no loss. Then after a while I noted in admin positions that I had 2 entries for the scrip.. 1) sell at 76 (MIS) and 2) buy at 72 (NRML) !! To cut a long story short, while I did manage to scratch a cut-to-cut trade out of it, I lost the profit of about 70 points !!
It happened to me this week. I just converted MIS to normal and everything became hunky dory with no loss of profit. In Zerodha, we can go to position and do this conversion or just drop a mail to the brokerage guys and they do it for free

NF Intra stats-April month

Total Trades 31
Winners 17
Win points 537
big win 85
lossers 14
Loss points -218
Big loss 35
Total P/L points 319
p/L% 10.99%
gross profit 12070
gross loss -6575
net proft 5495
profit factor -1.84
%accuracy 54.84%
What's the profit after calculating the cost of trade ?

VJAY

Guess what I did ?? Sold BNF 18200PE @ 76. Good trade, it kept going down to below 60, but suddenly spiked up. I placed a buy order @72 and it got executed. Good, no loss. Then after a while I noted in admin positions that I had 2 entries for the scrip.. 1) sell at 76 (MIS) and 2) buy at 72 (NRML) !! To cut a long story short, while I did manage to scratch a cut-to-cut trade out of it, I lost the profit of about 70 points !!
TP bro,
You can convert any trades MIS-NRML or viceversa...My view

VJAY

Great work VJAY bro :)

Also bro, just out of curiosity what was the expectancy on back testing and on real time for this trading system of yours bro? If you wish to share of course :).
Dear Tlahuicole,
I started nf intra method 3 year before with 5 tf...after that by real experience started minor changes in strictly 6 months gap...so I not needed backtest of current method which is occured changes from time to time as method giving consistent profits ...so till date I not backtested this current method...Though my initial days of trading done lot of backtests...but not done with current version....

The GAP (8151-8167) was filled today ....

NIFTY tested this gap support twice today. If this gap support is tested again (thrice) it may have higher probability of support being broken. ....... Not good for longs....

Tlahuicole

Dear Tlahuicole,
I started nf intra method 3 year before with 5 tf...after that by real experience started minor changes in strictly 6 months gap...so I not needed backtest of current method which is occured changes from time to time as method giving consistent profits ...so till date I not backtested this current method...Though my initial days of trading done lot of backtests...but not done with current version....
VJAY bro are you trading break out method or pull back method or some other method these days for day trading :)