General Trading Chat

I along with 3 other friends bought. 1.25 acres of land with each of us contributing Rs 30,000 some 20 years ago.The idea was all of us being engineers ,if we have to start our own manufacturing unit,we will need land.

The prices in that area started appreciating and the nuisance of local goons started increasing,we had to shell out large amounts as Chanda for local festivals etc....then one day we came to know that one lady in the village had encroached on 1/2 an acre of our land .We approached the village leaders but later came to know that the lady was a keep of those leaders so nothing will happen.We wanted to sell the land and found a buyer but the buyer said you sort out the encroachment then only he will buy.You won't believe ,we had to make gift deed and gift 1/2 acre to the lady by subdivision,give a lunch to all villagers and then we could sell remaining 0.75 acres.We still made good profit on our investment but if that land we could keep,that would be worth a few crores today,but it is not our cup of tea.

That was my first and last investing adventure in land investment.

Smart_trade

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I along with 3 other friends bought. 1.25 acres of land with each of us contributing Rs 30,000 some 20 years ago.The idea was all of us being engineers ,if we have to start our own manufacturing unit,we will need land.

The prices in that area started appreciating and the nuisance of local goons started increasing,we had to shell out large amounts as Chanda for local festivals etc....then one day we came to know that one lady in the village had encroached on 1/2 an acre of our land .We approached the village leaders but later came to know that the lady was a keep of those leaders so nothing will happen.We wanted to sell the land and found a buyer but the buyer said you sort out the encroachment then only he will buy.You won't believe ,we had to make gift deed and gift 1/2 acre to the lady by subdivision,give a lunch to all villagers and then we could sell remaining 0.75 acres.We still made good profit on our investment but if that land we could keep,that would be worth a few crores today,but it is not our cup of tea.

That was my first and last investing adventure in land investment.

Smart_trade
You were able to sell bcos ur names was there in the govt. records.
usually mafia ppl along with municipality fellows change the title itself. even if ppl go to court the case will take long time to solve.
thus frustrating the owners !
i suppose this z one of the reasons apartments has more demand here.

lemondew

Even apartments ve this problem many times. This is realized when the society goes for redevlopment. One of our experience. The plot plan with BMC itself was changed in between and the society plot as per records is allegedly owned by someone else though we ve been staying here :lol: :lol:.

The original plan is there but still it will now require court intervention and redrawing of plans which require some changes at babu level not with BMC or forfeit some of the land for reconstruction :annoyed:

Guess it happens only in india as the song goes

You were able to sell bcos ur names was there in the govt. records.
usually mafia ppl along with municipality fellows change the title itself. even if ppl go to court the case will take long time to solve.
thus frustrating the owners !
i suppose this z one of the reasons apartments has more demand here.