General Trading Chat

john302928

Nifty- 8498 could be a breakout point for 50 points upside from there minimum. Please let me know your views

Nifty has ED in 1 min chart with breakout as 8498
As expected Nifty broke out of ED and reached 50 points infact 60 points so far,nicely and still looking strong

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
TDST also gave a upwards reversal a bit later.

Smart_trade
Sir,in an uptrend example, when we say that TDST support is held, price would be at the 9th bar of the setup when the latest TDST support line is drawn (from low of first bar) and 'held', doesn't that mean the latest line acted as a 'reassurance' (in retrospect) to continue holding longs.
Is my understanding correct?

Vivek

Last edited:
Sir,in an uptrend example, when we say that TDST support is held, price would be at the 9th bar of the setup when the latest TDST support line is drawn (from low of first bar) and 'held', doesn't that mean the latest line acted as a 'reassurance' to continue holding longs.
Is my understanding correct?

Vivek

Your question is not clear to me...but in next 2-3 days will try to post TDST support example on the chart.

ST

vivektrader

Your question is not clear to me...but in next 2-3 days will try to post TDST support example on the chart.

ST
Sir I meant to say, that latest lines are formed only when the price has moved to the last setup bar (9th bar), so that will give a kind of retrospective assurance to keep holding.
Am I still appearing confused:)?

Vivek

Sir I meant to say, that latest lines are formed only when the price has moved to the last setup bar (9th bar), so that will give a kind of retrospective assurance to keep holding.
Am I still appearing confused:)?

Vivek
Let us say the trend was down so markets were generating lower TDST support and resistance lines....now the trend is reversed to up and we cross above last TDST resistance and this upmove may print a lower TDST support line as well . Now after the rally we have a decline and that decline does not break the TDST support line formedin an upmove...this is called support held...if the market goes above TDST resistance line which may be formed subsequently, we have uptrend startring confirmed.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

Let us say the trend was down so markets were generating lower TDST support and resistance lines....now the trend is reversed to up and we cross above last TDST resistance and this upmove may print a lower TDST support line as well . Now after the rally we have a decline and that decline does not break the TDST support line formedin an upmove...this is called support held...if the market goes above TDST resistance line which may be formed subsequently, we have uptrend startring confirmed.

Smart_trade
Oh, million thanks for patience, I was kind of missing a point or two when these are formed in real time.
Regards always

Vivek

Oh, million thanks for patience, I was kind of missing a point or two when these are formed in real time.
Regards always

Vivek

Trust this helps.It is a 1 min old chart of BNF...the dark magenta line is a TDST Resistance and the faint magenta lines at bottom are TDST support lines which are held by the market in the uptrend.

Smart_trade