General Trading Chat

To search all posts of anyone in this thread or any other thread, follow this method:
If u have time, go to this link, http://www.traderji.com/general-trading-investing-chat/
Under replies column, 46975 posts ll be written, click on that, then a popup ll come with heading "who posted ?" In that ST ll be the topper with 3644 posts.:D
Click on that 3644 and u can see all his 3644 posts. Search the gems !!!

Now i see, i have 400 posts only and way down . :lol:
Only last 500 posts available.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Hello Everyone.Got one question about dividend.

If I buy share on 18th and sell on 19th and 19th is the ex-dividend date , then am i eligible for dividend?.

Please reply. I had recently bought mphasis share on 18th oct and sold on 19th , and 19th was ex-dividend date , everyone of friends has got dividend , only i havnt .will i not get
Pls correct me if i m wrong, to be eligible for dividend, shares must be present in demat account. If u bought on 18, definitely it takes two days to credit in demat acc. Since u sold it next day itself without taking delivery,so dividend has not been given.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Only last 500 posts available.
Earlier when i used to collect st's posts, i think i saw 1000s of posts, now only 500 visible.
Either admin changed the settings, or i was hallucinating :p :eek:

Pls correct me if i m wrong, to be eligible for dividend, shares must be present in demat account. If u bought on 18, definitely it takes two days to credit in demat acc. Since u sold it next day itself without taking delivery,so dividend has not been given.
Ohk.I didn't know that. I probably made a bad mistake then :confused::confused:
I have a question , if i am not eligible for dividend , then does company not have to pay dividend on the number of shares I was holding ??

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Ohk.I didn't know that. I probably made a bad mistake then :confused::confused:
I have a question , if i am not eligible for dividend , then does company not have to pay dividend on the number of shares I was holding ??
If my previous answer was correct, and assuming u didn have any shares previously. U bought on 18 oct means until settlement date i.e T+2, u r not holding any shares. Once it is credited in demat account then only registrar of that company will acknowledge u as shareholder.

Edit: my answer may be wrong or misleading as I may not be clear with concepts of dividend. Pls point out the mistakes, if any.

Last edited:

john302928

Look here:
http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/23286-thomas-demark-sequential-system.html
This is Tom de mark's system thread, of which TDST is a component.
There is the AFL also,
http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/72827-thoughts-day-swing-trading-part-2-a-17.html
and one chart example by ST sir.
However most charts in that thread are invisible now, but ST sir's simplified explanation of a difficult De mark's languages is everywhere.
Also you can go through a book by Jasen perl on DeMark indicators from here:
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&so...lqscBISDCsMySw

Happy trading
Vivek
Hi Vivek, Thank you for the links. Could you please look in to the third link. it is not working.

If my previous answer was correct, and assuming u didn have any shares previously. U bought on 18 oct means until settlement date i.e T+2, u r not holding any shares. Once it is credited in demat account then only registrar of that company will acknowledge u as shareholder.

Edit: my answer may be wrong or misleading as I may not be clear with concepts of dividend. Pls point out the mistakes, if any.
Even I am not sure , that why i am asking sir.
:(:(

If it takes two days to credit in demat acc, how can one sell it the next day?
So far as i know, when you take delivery, shares are credited T+2 days. So no way to sell the next day unless it was under BTST segment.